PDA

View Full Version : State Board of Higher Ed to discuss Sioux nickname

darell1976
June 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Thursday June 16th from 8:45am-9:00am there will be an update on the Sioux nickname/logo debate with the ND SBoHE in Minot. There are now Sioux fans (me included) that is asking the board to give UND permission to restart the retirement process of the name to remain in the Big Sky. It hurts but we have no choice. So things could be set in motion on Thursday and we will keep the FCS world updated on any changes.

DG Cowboy
June 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think PETA ,with Amanda Beard out front, must insist that all animal mascots be done away with. And who says Stanford, Dartmouth and North Texas have our permission to turn crayolas into violent entities? Let's not leave out my Cowboys who ride horses into a lather and drive helpless Longhorns into becoming Outback and Texas Roadhouse entrees. May I mention those cruel Anteaters? Surely those Purple Paladins do something bad also, for after all, who would not be humiliated before Richard Boone's six-shooter barrel? If not the Sioux, then how about the "Custers"?

OK, I'm done.

citdog
June 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Thursday June 16th from 8:45am-9:00am there will be an update on the Sioux nickname/logo debate with the ND SBoHE in Minot. There are now Sioux fans (me included) that is asking the board to give UND permission to restart the retirement process of the name to remain in the Big Sky. It hurts but we have no choice. So things could be set in motion on Thursday and we will keep the FCS world updated on any changes.

http://diaryofadreamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/white_flag.jpg