PDA

View Full Version : Cody Green To Transfer From Nebraska

superman7515
May 31st, 2011, 05:22 PM
He's a junior this year which would leave him with only 1 year of eligibility if he goes to an FBS program.

Backup quarterback Green transferring from Nebraska (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/05/31/nebraska-green.ap/index.html#ixzz1NyHj9uWt)

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska backup quarterback Cody Green has decided to transfer after getting beaten out by Taylor Martinez for the starter's job last fall and having failed to make headway in the spring against new challengers.

Green and coach Bo Pelini confirmed the transfer in a statement Tuesday.

"The decision to leave was very difficult for me and my family," Green said. "It was by far one of the hardest things I've ever done. I talked to coach Pelini and he has offered to assist me in finding another school to continue my playing career. I wish coach Pelini and Nebraska nothing but the best this year and in the future."

Recruiting services pegged Green as one of the top 10 quarterback prospects in the nation when he was coming out of Dayton, Texas, two years ago. Fans believed Green was destined to be the next in a line of Nebraska quarterback greats like Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost and Eric Crouch.

bkrownd
May 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
What I know all too well is that my dad, being a very very vocal and opinionated fan, does not like to see that guy touch the ball. However, things can always change.

bjtheflamesfan
May 31st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Well my question though is where will he land? Im pretty sure that all the major players at the I-AA/FCS level have their QB situation squared away. Unless he is far and away better than whoever the incumbent QB is wherever he ends up, he's gonna have trouble finding a place to go

mikebigg
June 1st, 2011, 02:06 AM
He might need to consider playing for former SuperBowl MVP Doug Williams and getting some pointers on how to play the qb position.

LBPop
June 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
He's a junior this year which would leave him with only 1 year of eligibility if he goes to an FBS program.

Does he lose a year of eligibility, or does he simply have to sit a year?

OB55
June 2nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Does he lose a year of eligibility, or does he simply have to sit a year? Lateral transfer costs him a year of eligibility, transfer to FCS he does not, and can play this fall.

bjtheflamesfan
June 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
and also, if he hasnt used his redshirt year, he can transfer to an FBS, count the year out as his redshirt year and then play next year

Silenoz
June 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Well my question though is where will he land? Im pretty sure that all the major players at the I-AA/FCS level have their QB situation squared away. Unless he is far and away better than whoever the incumbent QB is wherever he ends up, he's gonna have trouble finding a place to go

Not all of them...

Between him, ACS, Forcier, Nick Washington (lawl), the Ole Miss guy, and whoever else, rumors are still swirling at UM

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Isn't Sam Houston State crying out for a new transfer starting QB?

leatherneck177
June 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
NDSU? Maybe?

Twentysix
June 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Would be a great use of mohlers scholly.