PDA

View Full Version : Sac St. Joins the Big West

Sec310
May 25th, 2011, 02:38 AM
So it's only for men's soccer, but could this be the first step to Sac. St. being football-only in the Big Sky?

http://www.bigwest.org//story.asp?story_id=14910

mvemjsunpx
May 25th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I doubt it, since the Big Sky doesn't even sponsor men's soccer.

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
We all do realize that Sacramento State does have a few of their programs in the WAC (i.e. baseball, gymnastics) as well?

superman7515
May 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Soccer membership doesn't usually lead to conference change. Delaware State, Howard, and South Carolina State all play soccer in the Great West Conference with the Dakota's, etc. I highly doubt they'll leave the MEAC for the Big Sky or MVFC.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 25th, 2011, 08:38 AM
If one-sport membership is a precursor to full membership, then hopefully soon we'll be able to anoint Georgetown, Fordham, Villanova and MIT as full members of the Patriot League. xhurrayx

ccd494
May 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I guess South Carolina and Kentucky are off to Conference USA, too.

darell1976
May 25th, 2011, 10:32 AM
We all do realize that Sacramento State does have a few of their programs in the WAC (i.e. baseball, gymnastics) as well?

UND may be scrambling to find another conference for their baseball team as the Big Sky doesn't sponsor it, maybe the WAC can allow UND in.

darell1976
May 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I guess South Carolina and Kentucky are off to Conference USA, too.

Our swimming and Diving team is in C-USA so I guess we are FBS bound.

RabidRabbit
May 25th, 2011, 10:35 AM
IMHO, UND should reach out to the Summit for baseball, and maybe even swimming and diving.

darell1976
May 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
IMHO, UND should reach out to the Summit for baseball, and maybe even swimming and diving.

It would make sense, or else UND should just drop baseball. They make zero money from it plus unless you play in a dome up here most games are cancelled due to snow, rain, or flooding.

89Hen
May 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Delaware State, Howard, and South Carolina State all play soccer in the Great West Conference with the Dakota's, etc.
Wow, I guess it's true about learning something every day. Had no idea.

GA St. MBB Fan
May 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Maybe the mods should re-title this thread to add: "for soccer." And move it to an OT forum?

JMUNJ08
May 25th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe the mods should re-title this thread to add: "for soccer." And move it to an OT forum?

Yeah I got all excited for more movement but this was not it...really surprised though how many major schools have sports all over the map. Who has the most teams in different conferences? I think JMU is in only two: ECAC and CAA