PDA

View Full Version : Where will Penn State DT Brandon Ware land?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2011/05/report_penn_state_defensive_ta.html

Penn State backup defensive tackle Brandon Ware said he plans to transfer out of the Nittany Lions' program for personal reasons.

Ware, a Harrisburg High School graduate, would have been a redshirt junior in the fall.

Ware texted The Patriot-News around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday, writing that he is "transferring for personal reasons. I don't know where yet, though.''

Ware also added via text that he will "most likely have to transfer down (to a lower level).''

Let the bidding war begin. My guess? Georgia Southern.

jmufan999
May 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
probably Delaware.

GannonFan
May 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
The guy is apparently leaving Penn St due to academics - kind of a risky option then. Sounds like a JMU guy. xwhistlex

State Line Liquors
May 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I heard he was going to JMU to play offensive line with the other 3 people they have on the depth chart.

SideLine Shooter
May 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Probably either UD, JMU, or GSU. Maybe elon.

bluehenbillk
May 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
He'll probably end up at JUM like the other non-qualifiers that they recruit from PA. They can't even spell the skool rite. The guy was academically ineligible at Penn State - that's a tough pull for even the Dukies or Transfer U (UMass).

Franks Tanks
May 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hampton. The had that other enormous DT who has a lot more issues than this guy.

JMU2004
May 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
oh the Irony....UD fans claiming that JMU takes shady transfers who can't hack it academically.

Are you idiots still referring to Rock McCarter? Yea, he graduated 2 years ago.....

cmaxwellgsu
May 20th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Have only hear of him in this thread. I see no way he winds up in Statesboro. We've already tossed the one transfer we signed this year.

pike51
May 20th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I was gonna say... what makes you think he would end up at Georgia Southern? No ties to GA, nothing to put him on our radar. He'll go to JMU, UD, maybe Youngstown?

Tribal
May 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
He's from Harrisburg, PA. Towson isn't far from home. Nova wouldn't risk the academic problems. I don't think UD would, either. I hope JMU is trying to get rid of trouble-makers, not invite them to play. Howard may be an option.

Eaglesrus
May 20th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Probably either UD, JMU, or GSU. Maybe elon.

If by GSU you mean GA State I would agree.

State Line Liquors
May 20th, 2011, 07:28 AM
oh the Irony....UD fans claiming that JMU takes shady transfers who can't hack it academically.

Are you idiots still referring to Rock McCarter? Yea, he graduated 2 years ago.....

I think Ware could be a good fit for you guys. JMU does have some recent openings for the Enforcer position in their street gang. A guy of Ware's size could be a real nice addition; a real ground and pounder. The school marms' fraternity will be forced to think twice before they ask Ware's girl if she'd like to dance or have a glass of punch.

93henfan
May 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Not smart enough for UD. Might not be street enough for JMU.

superman7515
May 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Howard may be an option.

Howard is the HBCU equivalent of an Ivy. They usually won't go anywhere near a student with academic issues. Hampton, on the other hand, has no problem with that.

Tribal
May 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Howard is the HBCU equivalent of an Ivy. They usually won't go anywhere near a student with academic issues. Hampton, on the other hand, has no problem with that.

I've lived in the DC area for nearly 40 years and I've never heard anyone say that Howard is a top academic school. Anyway, how about Norfolk State? Del State?

Actually, why hasn't anyone mentioned ODU? ODU would welcome this guy with open arms and he'd be a lock to start.

superman7515
May 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I worded that poorly. When I said Howard is the HBCU equivalent of an Ivy, I mean that it is regarded as such in HBCU circles.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Howard is pretty selective (50%) and average SAT score (old system) averages about 1020. It's pretty good academically.

HenZoneNation
May 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
probably Delaware.

Nah....If it was a DE we might be having a different conversation...

Cocky
May 20th, 2011, 01:33 PM
If he can play send him to JSU. We can always use a good big guy. One bad grade guy can be forgotten with a few more Ws.

Tribal
May 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Howard is pretty selective (50%) and average SAT score (old system) averages about 1020. It's pretty good academically.

I guess you guys are correct...US News has it ranked with FSU, UMass, Kansas, and Nebraska. I didn't know that. It's the #2 HBCU school. Learn something every day.

Jag4Life
May 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
SU is in dire need of DTs so he could end up at SU.

Blueandwhitefightfight
May 29th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I guess you guys are correct...US News has it ranked with FSU, UMass, Kansas, and Nebraska. I didn't know that. It's the #2 HBCU school. Learn something every day.

Wow. I guess Ga. Southern is coming up in the ranks. We are admitting just at 50% and averaging 1106 on SAT. I didn't know this would put us with FSU.

Blueandwhitefightfight
May 29th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Btw, we probably won't touch this kid. We have APR problems. The last thing we need is some kid who can't pass class.

Jag4Life
May 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Btw, we probably won't touch this kid. We have APR problems. The last thing we need is some kid who can't pass class.

True.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 30th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Not to mention we arguably have the best DL in the FCS

leatherneck177
May 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
I can see Western bringing this guy in. For whatever reason there is a little bit of pipeline from PSU to WIU over the years. RJ Luke, JR Zierwynski both TE's transferred in over the past 5-7 years. Also Abe Koroma a couple years ago. I bet there is more than a good chance this happens.

Sam
May 31st, 2011, 04:52 PM
I want to make an offer come to Colgate we have the offense we need a little help on the Defense? Who has pull can we see his grades please?xbawlingx

GannonFan
June 1st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Not to mention we arguably have the best DL in the FCS

Well, I'd argue with the depth of that DL - they were pretty gassed for the second half of the UD game last year. But yes, great first team.