PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Fills Schedule Void

TexasTerror
March 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Great matchup! Good job Jackrabbits! Good job Cowboys! A nice chance for the Jackrabbits to play a quality I-AA program and a great chance for McNeese to play an up and coming I-AA program...

Jacks Add McNeese State To Football Schedule

BROOKINGS, SD - South Dakota State University has filled its 2006 football schedule.

In the process, however, they lost a home game so will now have four games at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium with seven on the road.

SDSU assistant athletic director Rob Peterson announced today that the Jackrabbits have signed a home and home contract with McNeese State of Louisiana, playing in Lake Charles, LA, next season before McNeese comes back to Brookings during the 2008 season.

“Obviously, we wanted a home date, and believe me, we contacted everyone imaginable to find a game, including several Division IA members, but there just wasn’t anyone out there,” Peterson said.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/VarsitySports/Football/NewsDetail55217.cfm?Id=46,4941

aggie6thman
March 8th, 2006, 08:00 PM
DAMN! So know what do we do to fill our final game?!?!:bang:

McNeeserocket
March 9th, 2006, 11:11 AM
DAMN! So know what do we do to fill our final game?!?!:bang:

If the NCAA approves a 12th regular season game, perhaps McNeese can still play you guys. We still have an opening on Sept. 16th.

McNeese75
March 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM
:hurray:
Way to go Jackrabbits!!! This should be a really good game. I have never been to SD and look forward to the 2007 return trip.

McNeeserocket
March 9th, 2006, 02:33 PM
:hurray:
Way to go Jackrabbits!!! This should be a really good game. I have never been to SD and look forward to the 2007 return trip.

McNeese will not travel to South Dakota until 2008 according to what the article said.

buckp
March 9th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Great news! Hope to meet some Jackrabbit fans in September! :bow:

McNeese75
March 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
McNeese will not travel to South Dakota until 2008 according to what the article said.

Then I guess I go a year early to scout out the place!! :nod:

SiouxFallsJack
March 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM

I would love to make the trip, but I am planning on going to the Montana and UNI games and I don't think a third road game is in my budget. I do hope some of you can make the trip up in 2008. Stop by our board and say Hi.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl#SDSU

aggie6thman
March 10th, 2006, 01:34 AM
If the NCAA approves a 12th regular season game, perhaps McNeese can still play you guys. We still have an opening on Sept. 16th.

You want to come out to sunny California? I am not so sure we want to travel to Louisiana, especially now that you got another home game.

89rabbit
March 13th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Nice to have McNeese on the schedule, bummer to only have 4 home games in '06. I am looking forward to the days when our schedule is a little more balanced from season to season.

'07 is looking pretty good for home games: Montana, Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, Cal Poly, Southern Utah and North Dakota State.

Hansel
March 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
If the return trip to SD is Oct- you could get some pheasant hunting in along with the game :nod:

leatherneck177
March 13th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Nice to see that some programs, unlike WIU prefer to fill open dates with I-AA competition, instead of Division II or lower.

buckp
March 14th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by buckp

If the return trip to SD is Oct- you could get some pheasant hunting in along with the game :nod:

You just had to say that! :nono:

(Would be nice!) :nod: