PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Patriot League can strive to attain the lofty status of two PFL schools....

DetroitFlyer
May 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-agn-apr-award-2011-20110517,0,847234.story

So, we have all the Ivies, one NEC team, one CAA team and TWO PFL Teams.... No Patriot League to be seen. Keep on trying guys....

Sam
May 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Oh I am sorry they just dont hand out grades in the PL they make it difficult to earn them . Like they say once you get into a IVY you are in until graduation....

Model Citizen
May 18th, 2011, 07:34 PM
The Patriot has football admissions. Most players wouldn't get in the door otherwise.

DFW HOYA
May 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
The Patriot has football admissions. Most players wouldn't get in the door otherwise.

Even for two of them? [sarcasm]

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84283-Patriot-League-recruiting-Georgetown&p=1624424&viewfull=1#post1624424

Franks Tanks
May 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2011/may/teams+honored+for+top+grades+in+division+i

"By conference, the Ivy Group had the most number of teams honored (135), followed by the Patriot League (82), the Big East Conference (77), the Atlantic Coast Conference (61) and the Atlantic 10 (56).'

LUHawker
May 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well, frankly this is a relief. Now we know that Dayton won't ever try to join the PL and fraternize with such institutions that might otherwise sully its reputation.

DetroitFlyer
May 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Well, frankly this is a relief. Now we know that Dayton won't ever try to join the PL and fraternize with such institutions that might otherwise sully its reputation.

So true....xlolx

DetroitFlyer
May 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2011/may/teams+honored+for+top+grades+in+division+i

"By conference, the Ivy Group had the most number of teams honored (135), followed by the Patriot League (82), the Big East Conference (77), the Atlantic Coast Conference (61) and the Atlantic 10 (56).'

Let's say we just focus on two conferences and maybe only football....

PFL - 2

PL - 0

Ouch! Might as well go full, athletic scholarship....

CFBfan
May 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Let's say we just focus on two conferences and maybe only football....

PFL - 2

PL - 0

Ouch! Might as well go full, athletic scholarship....

Yeah, just think of all the prominent CEO's, CFO's, CIO's, Presidents, Hedge Fund Mgrs, Portfolio Mgr's, etc from Dayton!!!!

RichH2
May 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
My God, PFL will take every chance to trot out its inferiority complex for all to see. Congrats to PFL schools listed in football. A very nice achievement. How that translates How that translates into a negative for PL escapes me.That a few of your schools did well does not mean ours did badly. As PL has an AI floor, we can be fairly certain that all the athletes are also excellent students.

Franks Tanks
May 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
My God, PFL will take every chance to trot out its inferiority complex for all to see. Congrats to PFL schools listed in football. A very nice achievement. How that translates How that translates into a negative for PL escapes me.That a few of your schools did well does not mean ours did badly. As PL has an AI floor, we can be fairly certain that all the athletes are also excellent students.

I would venture a guess that several PL football teams were very close to being added to this list.

401ks
May 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
<heavy sigh>

Instead of simple, sincere congratulations we get...

xsmhx

EDIT: For all of you who foolishly think that I meant that you should congratulate Dayton and Davidson in this thread:

I MEANT THAT DetroitFlyer EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND THE ENTIRE PFL BY STARTING THIS THREAD WITH THIS TITLE AND THIS PISSY TAKE ON A POSITIVE STORY!

superman7515
May 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Can't expect to get simple, sincere congratulations when the thread is started like that. If congratulations were wanted, you say "Congrats to the PFL for the APR recognition given to Davidson and Dayton...." but instead they went the route of hey, we got an award, so we must be better than a conference that our teams are collectively 27-94 against.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Other FCS schools in the top 10 percent include Davidson and Dayton of the Pioneer Football League, which, like the Ivy League, is non-scholarship for football.

In no way is Dayton or Davidson like the Ivy League. For starters, the Ivy League isn't non-scholarship, unless every student making under six figures is now suddenly paying their own way.

Congrats to Davidson and Dayton, by the way, despite the fact that the entire subject line of this thread is designed to engage in a PFL/PL pissing contest.

Model Citizen
May 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
... collectively 27-94 against.

Not that I care what you think, but your numbers are BS.

401ks
May 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Can't expect to get simple, sincere congratulations when the thread is started like that. If congratulations were wanted, you say "Congrats to the PFL for the APR recognition given to Davidson and Dayton...." but instead they went the route of hey, we got an award, so we must be better than a conference that our teams are collectively 27-94 against.

xbangx

My first comment was directed at DetroitFlyer.

This comment is directed at you:

xnonono2x

401ks
May 19th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Not that I care what you think, but your numbers are BS.

Not that I wish to get in the middle of a pissing match, but I must say that superman7515's numbers appear to be correct.

Source: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/pioneer/vs_conf.php

:p

Go...gate
May 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to the Flyers and the Wildcats!

Model Citizen
May 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Not that I wish to get in the middle of a pissing match, but I must say that superman7515's numbers appear to be correct.

Source: http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/pioneer/vs_conf.php

:p

You should follow your own advice.

His source is garbage. The PFL started in 1993--the Patriot only about 10 years before that--so do the math.

An accurate tally of PFL-Patriot matchups would include Towson. The PFL has taken some beatings, but not 94 of them.

And whatever their record, the Patriot guys are still jock admits.

401ks
May 19th, 2011, 03:25 PM

xeyebrowx

What "advice" might that be, pray tell?

His source is garbage. The PFL started in 1993--the Patriot only about 10 years before that--so do the math.

An accurate tally of PFL-Patriot matchups would include Towson. The PFL has taken some beatings, but not 94 of them.

Wow.

Didn't even look at the information contained in the link did you?

xsmhx

The information at the Data Warehouse is accurate, with one major caveat: The statistics use Current Conference Alignments, which means (for example) that Marist is included in the PFL record and Georgetown is included in the PL record even though some of those wins/loses against each other came when both were in the MAAC.

By the way, Towson holds a 6 win - 3 loss record against current PFL teams. Including them does not help your factless argument.

xnonono2x

Fordham
May 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Amazing accomplishment for both PFL schools - congrats.

So sad that this great news immediately gets positioned as anti-PL instead of simply pro-PFL. Definitely diminishes both the poster and the conference by doing so (imo).

CFBfan
May 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM

and you're what? a propellerhead geek with an inferiority complex??

DFW HOYA
May 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Per CFB Data Warehouse: Since 1993, and accounting for Towson from 1997-03 and Georgetown since 2001, the Pioneer is 8-28 against the Patriot.

Model Citizen
May 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
That sounds correct. Georgetown actually inflicted much of the damage.

DetroitFlyer
May 19th, 2011, 09:00 PM
<heavy sigh>

Instead of simple, sincere congratulations we get...

xsmhx

EDIT: For all of you who foolishly think that I meant that you should congratulate Dayton and Davidson in this thread:

I MEANT THAT DetroitFlyer EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND THE ENTIRE PFL BY STARTING THIS THREAD WITH THIS TITLE AND THIS PISSY TAKE ON A POSITIVE STORY!

Yep, no sense of humor at all.... Must come from living on that left coast. Can't wait to take down both Duquesne and Butler this year...

401ks
May 20th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Yep, no sense of humor at all.... Must come from living on that left coast.

Yes, I see how everyone here just loves your subtle sense of humor. xrolleyesx You should move out here to the left coast. We have some great comedy clubs here. They're always looking for new talent!

Can't wait to take down both Duquesne and Butler this year...

May the better team win, and the lesser team accept defeat with dignity and class.

xthumbsupx

RichH2
May 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Lord, I should have known better. I thought this inane thread would have died yesterday. Hard to congratualte anyone for a real nice accomplishment , when they are at the same time trying to sling mud at you. perhaps some day the PFL posters will grow up