PDA

View Full Version : Towson Names New AD

TexasTerror
March 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Towson hoping that Hermann will change the landscape as it relates to raising money for the Tigers. That's what you need in an AD and they're also putting the bank on the fact that Hermann will continue to raise the bar in terms of athletic performance as well from reading the excerpts from the press conference.

Mike Hermann Appointed Towson AD
3/7/2006

TOWSON, Md. - - Mike Hermann, who has served as director of athletics at Niagara University for the past eight years, was today named director of athletics at Towson University. He succeeds Dr. Wayne Edwards who is retiring at the end of June after 11 years at Towson.

The appointment is effective July 1, 2006.

"Towson University is focused on its future and a very competitive athletic program is a big part of that future," said Towson University President, Dr. Robert L. Caret in making the announcement of Hermann's selection. "I know that Mike Hermann has the background, skills and vision to build on what we have accomplished and help make that future a reality."

At Towson Hermann will oversee a Division I athletics program with 19 sports and a 100-member staff. He'll be at the helm when the Tigers begin their sixth year in the Colonial Athletic Association and their third season in the Atlantic 10 Football Conference.

Hermann's tenure at Niagara has been marked by continued growth, athletic success and academic excellence.

http://www.towsontigers.com/sports/fhockey/release.asp?release_id=2772

TigerFan17
March 9th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I think this new guy will bring some good things.

Only problem I see at all with him is that he has little experience with football schools. Xavier -> Niagara = 0 football.

We'll see how things go!