PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 FBS Schools Likely to Lose to FCS*Warning Bleacher Report*

1andDone
May 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/699354-college-football-predictions-2011-10-fbs-teams-that-could-lose-to-an-fcs-team/page/11

chattownmocs
May 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM
So thats what he came up with? Out of all the FBS teams playing FCS opponents a top 15 team that is going to be angry after losing to an FCS team last year is most likely to lose?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I could do a better job than this.....

..... and I just might. xlolxx

TheBisonator
May 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Don't understand Idaho v. UND being listed in there, with UND losing last year 45-0 and coming off a 3-8 season.

They were able to go "toe to toe" with Idaho in that loss, according to UND's coach. Maybe going toe-to-toe and losing 45-0 is different than getting your arse whipped 45-0.

DJKyR0
May 13th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Indy State over WKU. Very possible, no?

Seawolf97
May 13th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Interesting StonyBrook may have shot against Buffalo. I dont care if Buffalo was 2-10 last year a win would be nice and our first.

HenZoneNation
May 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Don't understand Idaho v. UND being listed in there, with UND losing last year 45-0 and coming off a 3-8 season.

They were able to go "toe to toe" with Idaho in that loss, according to UND's coach. Maybe going toe-to-toe and losing 45-0 is different than getting your arse whipped 45-0.

I'm with you on this one...I also don't understand the UD/Navy snub...since 03' we've split 2/2...makes no sense...

darell1976
May 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Funny how NDSU can go 3-8 in one year then playoffs the next but UND going 3-8 one year equals doomsville the next year for the Sioux. Typical Bison fans. UND will beat Idaho or at least make it close, the Vandal's high flying QB is gone plus the Sioux doesn't have their DII QB anymore and we are more of a FCS team this year than last.

gjw007
May 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Funny how NDSU can go 3-8 in one year then playoffs the next but UND going 3-8 one year equals doomsville the next year for the Sioux. Typical Bison fans. UND will beat Idaho or at least make it close, the Vandal's high flying QB is gone plus the Sioux doesn't have their DII QB anymore and we are more of a FCS team this year than last.

I think you are being optimistic about UND's play this fall (we will see) whereas I do question the objectivity of the NDSU fan perspective (reportedly JBB's comments on Idaho's boards last year as an example which among other things suggested UNDs hockey team was in disarray (of course making the final four proves it is in total disarry:D). Until UND proves otherwise, I think we have to expect another so-so year although I do expect a better year than last year (much more favorable schedule) but I am holding off any predictions whether UND has returned to its standard of play until 2012 after the team has matured and is playing more consistently. The question mark is still out on the coaching on whether they, not the players, is up to the task.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Here's how I see this:

10. Buffalo vs. Stony Brook - possible
9. Boston College vs. UMass - not likely
8. Temple vs. Villanova - possible
7. Indiana vs. South Carolina State - not likely
6. Minnesota vs. North Dakota State - very possible
5. Idaho vs. North Dakota - not likely
4. Vanderbilt vs. Elon - not likely
3. Houston vs. Georgia State - not likely
2. NC State vs. South Alabama - not likely (rude awakening alert for USA)
1. Virginia Tech vs. Appalachian State - very possible

darell1976
May 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think you are being optimistic about UND's play this fall (we will see) whereas I do question the objectivity of the NDSU fan perspective (reportedly JBB's comments on Idaho's boards last year as an example which among other things suggested UNDs hockey team was in disarray (of course making the final four proves it is in total disarry:D). Until UND proves otherwise, I think we have to expect another so-so year although I do expect a better year than last year (much more favorable schedule) but I am holding off any predictions whether UND has returned to its standard of play until 2012 after the team has matured and is playing more consistently. The question mark is still out on the coaching on whether they, not the players, is up to the task.

NDSU's reason for UND losing to Idaho in 2011...45-0 and 3-8 last season. Nothing about this is a new year. Teams can go from 3-8 to a national title. My point is the Miami Dolphins can go from 1-15 one year to 11-5 and a division title the next year. It happens. We will see in 3 months.

darell1976
May 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Here's how I see this:

10. Buffalo vs. Stony Brook - possible
9. Boston College vs. UMass - not likely
8. Temple vs. Villanova - possible
7. Indiana vs. South Carolina State - not likely
6. Minnesota vs. North Dakota State - not possible
5. Idaho vs. North Dakota - possible
4. Vanderbilt vs. Elon - not likely
3. Houston vs. Georgia State - not likely
2. NC State vs. South Alabama - not likely (rude awakening alert for USA)
1. Virginia Tech vs. Appalachian State - very possible

Fixed your post for you.xsmiley_wix

McNeese75
May 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Pretty weak article overall. Ga State is going to get torched by Houston. I'll take my Cowboys over the Jayhawks before that one.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
10. Buffalo vs. Stony Brook - nope
9. Boston College vs. UMass - nope
8. Temple vs. Villanova - nope
7. Indiana vs. South Carolina State - nope
6. Minnesota vs. North Dakota State - screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice shame on me. . . . .Minnesota won't lose again to the same FCS team
5. Idaho vs. North Dakota - nope
4. Vanderbilt vs. Elon - not a chance
3. Houston vs. Georgia State - nope
2. NC State vs. South Alabama - I'll be watching. Close, but no cigar
1. Virginia Tech vs. Appalachian State - Close, but no cigar. Not a chance that Virginia Tech is so naive to look over an FCS school again, especially Appalachian.

TBitR, will you be ready with by box of cigars once these three upsets happen? xlolx

The Eagle's Cliff
May 14th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Ga State, South Alabama, and SC State will all get smoked by their opponents. UD/Navy and NDSU/Minnesota are two of the most likely FCS wins which are not necessarily "upsets". I don't know enough about Buffalo and Stony Brook, but Houston and NC St won't have a problem with their FCS games and SC State is a paper tiger, er bulldog. I don't see Elon giving Vandy too much trouble, either.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Every year there's blind optimism that a good number of FCS teams will rise up and beat their FBS counterparts. Unfortunately for the homers, the games are played and 95% of them are 3+ TD blowouts.

gjw007
May 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
NDSU's reason for UND losing to Idaho in 2011...45-0 and 3-8 last season. Nothing about this is a new year. Teams can go from 3-8 to a national title. My point is the Miami Dolphins can go from 1-15 one year to 11-5 and a division title the next year. It happens. We will see in 3 months.

I accept that a team can make tremendous improvement from one year to the next especially with the addition of a player or two. I think predictions should be based on the current situation. For example, many are predicting NDSU's to win over Minnesota. While it could happen, I don't think it will and I don't think the score will be close although there are some unknowns. My reasoning; NDSU last year was not as good as the team that beat Minnesota a couple years ago and barely lost the year before and (2) Tim Brewster is no longer coach at Minnesota and with a new coach, I am expecting a more fundamentally sound play. This could also turn out different but that is how I see the situation for NDSU-Minnesota. UND has a much easier schedule than last year and it would be very disappointing to have a similar record. I see nothing though to suggest they will beat Idaho.

cpalum
May 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Well ...I think San Diego State is going to have a solid season and I have very little in the way of logic to support it but I think Cal Poly has a good shot at beating them opening weekend....for the nay sayers and those not keeping track that would make Cal Ploy 3-0 in the last three games against the Aztecs.xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
May 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Every year there's blind optimism that a good number of FCS teams will rise up and beat their FBS counterparts. Unfortunately for the homers, the games are played and 95% of them are 3+ TD blowouts.

Not for nothing, but Temple and Villanova were very, very evenly matched the last two years, going to the final quarter and even the final play to determine the winner both times. There's no reason to believe that 2011 will be any different.

As anything, it's quite possible to find that 5%, or at least those 10% of games that are fighting chances to be upsets. I don't know if Nova will win, but I unflinchingly predict that will be an interesting game with a shot for either side to win.

1andDone
May 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Remember. NC State loses star QB Russel Wilson, and if NC State comes out slow, don't be surprised if USA upsets NC State

tribefan40
May 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I would be highly surprised if Tech loses to an FCS school two years in a row. APP will be a force to be reckoned with this year as always, but no way the hokies come out unprepared, and Logan Thomas is the real deal. Tech will win this one in a walk. The same concerns me about the W&M/UVA game. While UVA is nowhere near the talent level of Tech, and I think the late start time will be beneficial for us, I think London and the loss last time around will be the difference maker. All that said, either of these games could be upsets, and I'll certainly be watching.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
May 14th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I am 100% confident that Vanderbilt will beat Elon. You obviously don't know enough about the $EC or Vanderbilt's track record against FCS teams.

And I am 100% confident that Tennessee will beat Montana (to be fair, Montana will be a better matchup than UT-Martin was last year).

darell1976
May 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I accept that a team can make tremendous improvement from one year to the next especially with the addition of a player or two. I think predictions should be based on the current situation. For example, many are predicting NDSU's to win over Minnesota. While it could happen, I don't think it will and I don't think the score will be close although there are some unknowns. My reasoning; NDSU last year was not as good as the team that beat Minnesota a couple years ago and barely lost the year before and (2) Tim Brewster is no longer coach at Minnesota and with a new coach, I am expecting a more fundamentally sound play. This could also turn out different but that is how I see the situation for NDSU-Minnesota. UND has a much easier schedule than last year and it would be very disappointing to have a similar record. I see nothing though to suggest they will beat Idaho.

UND has a better chance at beating Idaho this season than they did last season..why? #1 UND has a game before the Idaho game so they can fix any problems that need to be addressed. #2 QB!!! Landry was a good D2 QB he wasn't that great in FCS play he's gone. #3..Idaho's high flying QB is gone they finished 10th in the NCAA in passing and if their JR QB is their starter he threw 6 picks in a backup role last season. Different Idaho team. I guarantee it, mark it down UND will NOT lose 45-0!! If UND loses it will be close. As for NDSU at Minnesota. No Brewster, No Metrodome, No win for NDSU!!

dakotadan
May 14th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Well ...I think San Diego State is going to have a solid season and I have very little in the way of logic to support it but I think Cal Poly has a good shot at beating them opening weekend....for the nay sayers and those not keeping track that would make Cal Ploy 3-0 in the last three games against the Aztecs.xnodx

I would not be surprised at all to see Cal Poly come out of this game with a W.

bojeta
May 14th, 2011, 11:52 PM

I can understand them not putting Cal Poly down as a "likely" win, but I'm feeling the same as you. THREE-PETE!!! Of note, San Diego State is not only ranked currently at 27th in some FBS polls, but SDSU's Hillman is on the early Heisman watch list.

Dignan
May 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
As I will be in attendance for the JMU @ UNC game I sure hope it's an upset as I'd hope not to have the only game I see in ten years be a blowout.

Houndawg
May 15th, 2011, 03:39 AM
The best part of SIU playing Ole Miss will be the bye week afterward.

GannonFan
May 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Not for nothing, but Temple and Villanova were very, very evenly matched the last two years, going to the final quarter and even the final play to determine the winner both times. There's no reason to believe that 2011 will be any different.

As anything, it's quite possible to find that 5%, or at least those 10% of games that are fighting chances to be upsets. I don't know if Nova will win, but I unflinchingly predict that will be an interesting game with a shot for either side to win.

There's plenty of reason to believe that 2011 will be very different - nova had two of their best years in the history of their program over the past two years, and almost every significant piece from those teams, on both sides of the ball, are gone. nova's going to be very happy with an over .500 record this year - Temple is actually returning a load of people. I don't think this one's going to be anywhere near as close as the past two years. 2012 will be a different story, but 2011 doesn't look good for nova agains Temple.

Sycamore51
May 16th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Indy State over WKU. Very possible, no?

I think it is possible. Especially if we don't get beat up too bad at Penn St a few weeks before.

gsu1moretime
May 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Alabama vs Georgia Southern?

Alabama focusing on Iron bowl the next week? Won't prepare for Triple Option. Won't see a Triple Option all year. Don't think it will happen, but could be interesting.

NuJerzBullDog
May 16th, 2011, 11:49 AM
if we do have any possibility to beat an FBS opponent it wont against indiana but against central michigan

NHwildEcat
May 16th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I think UMass will beat BC...Boston College - as usual- is completely overrated, and UMass almost beat Michigan last year, which is a much better team than BC. Plus UMass has to prove some stuff considering they will be competing for print in Boston against these guys.

GannonFan
May 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I think UMass will beat BC...Boston College - as usual- is completely overrated, and UMass almost beat Michigan last year, which is a much better team than BC. Plus UMass has to prove some stuff considering they will be competing for print in Boston against these guys.

Michigan was better than BC last year, but let's be honest, not by a whole lot. And Michigan had one of the worst defenses in all of football last year - everybody scored a lot against them. UMass needs a QB, though, if they're going to win. Gotta see someone step up in that role if they are to do it.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Michigan was better than BC last year, but let's be honest, not by a whole lot. And Michigan had one of the worst defenses in all of football last year - everybody scored a lot against them. UMass needs a QB, though, if they're going to win. Gotta see someone step up in that role if they are to do it.

The fun part of trying to predict some of these upsets is to think about which team's "unknown quantities" will step in and make the upset. You could make the case that some of the biggest upsets last year came from unknown guys coming in. Jacksonville State leaps to mind - Perriloux had just graduated.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 16th, 2011, 01:32 PM
EWU was snubbed. A win over UW may not be likely, but more than possible. Clutch FBS transfer QB, All-American and NFL bound Renard Williams and UW transfer DT Andru Pulu (both around 6'2, 300) stuffing the run and pressuring a new QB (bye bye Jake Locker)... yeah, I'd say we have a chance.

bojeta
May 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I would not be surprised at all to see Cal Poly come out of this game with a W.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/Aztecsack08.jpg

Going for #3 !!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/BardenAzteccatch08.jpg

daneboy
May 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Let us not forget that Cal Poly is also playing at Northern Illinois. That makes two FBS games for Poly this year...it is gonna be a long year, maybe, for the 'Stangs, but it they will be a fun team to watch...

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Eastern Washington beating Washington is like Georgia Southern beating Georgia or Florida A&M beating Florida. It'll never happen. There's no way a 68-scholarship team that isn't the flagship will be able to compete with the money and power of a Power $ix FBS school.

This thread is absurd. It proves that people struggle to think without bias. GSU is going to get crushed just like App State did in Gainesville last year.

tribefan40
May 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Eastern Washington beating Washington is like Georgia Southern beating Georgia or Florida A&M beating Florida. It'll never happen. There's no way a 68-scholarship team that isn't the flagship will be able to compete with the money and power of a Power $ix FBS school.

It does happen. W&M over UVA 2009. JMU over ACC champ VA Tech 2010. There are others that have been listed. I am not drinking the koolaid, as I've said before these are not, nor should they be, the norm. However, your stance of dead-set against even the possibility of it happening is wrong. Just look at your trends, man. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
The trend is that there will be one a year. And that's enough. And I'll be waiting for a box of Cubans from TBitR when it happens.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Well this is just weird. It appears B/R has two articles titled exactly the same, listing the top 10 games between FCS and FBS where FBS could lose.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/698307-college-football-2011-predictions-10-fbs-teams-that-could-lose-to-the-fcs

This list includes:

Kansas State vs. EKU
UW vs. EWU
VT vs. App State
Virginia vs. W&M
Duke vs. Richmond
Navy vs. UD
Utah vs. MSU
Ole Miss vs. SIU
Iowa State vs. UNI
BC vs. UMass

bojeta
May 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM
:) Okay, so it does happen, but much like Haley's Comet, it's rare. Eastern Washington was beaten by 25 points by non-AQ WAC affiliate Nevada in 2010. And they are supposed to beat Washington of the Pac-12? Eastern Washington is supposed to beat a team whose last game of the season in 2010 culminated in a 19-7 win over mighty Nebraska in a bowl game? I can't see that happening. That would be like Middle Tennessee State (directional Tennessee) beating the University of Tennessee or Southeast Missouri beating Missouri or Northern Iowa beating Iowa. Or Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo or UC-Davis beating your pick of USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Cal. Just not going to happen (unless you're playing an abyssmal Power $ix team like Stanford in 2005).

Not Stanford's best year, but the results don't support your "abyssmal" descriptor. Season 5-6 with a loss to UCLA in OT and Notre Dame 31-38. If they had beat Davis, they would have been bowl bound. I would label it an outstanding win for Davis.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
RECORD: 5-6
9-10-05 at Navy WON 41-38
9-17-05 UC-DAVIS LOST 17-20
10-1-05 OREGON LOST 20-44
10-8-05 at Washington State WON 24-21
10-15-05 at Arizona WON 20-16
10-22-05 ARIZONA STATE WON 45-35
10-29-05 UCLA LOST 27-30 (OT)
11-5-05 at Southern California LOST 21-51
11-12-05 at Oregon State WON 20-17
11-19-05 CALIFORNIA LOST 3-27
11-26-05 NOTRE DAME LOST 31-38

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Not Stanford's best year, but the results don't support your "abyssmal" descriptor. Season 5-6 with a loss to UCLA in OT and Notre Dame 31-38. If they had beat Davis, they would have been bowl bound. I would label it an outstanding win for Davis.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
RECORD: 5-6
9-10-05 at Navy WON 41-38
9-17-05 UC-DAVIS LOST 17-20
10-1-05 OREGON LOST 20-44
10-8-05 at Washington State WON 24-21
10-15-05 at Arizona WON 20-16
10-22-05 ARIZONA STATE WON 45-35
10-29-05 UCLA LOST 27-30 (OT)
11-5-05 at Southern California LOST 21-51
11-12-05 at Oregon State WON 20-17
11-19-05 CALIFORNIA LOST 3-27
11-26-05 NOTRE DAME LOST 31-38

Lovin' that TBitR actually picked an actual upset that happened. Maybe next he'll say how Jacksonville State could never beat an $EC school, or how Appalachian State could never beat a school from the Big Ten, or how Montana State could ever beat a former FBS National Champion. xlolx

Oh yeah, and UNI came within a FG of beating Iowa just two years ago. I bet no Hawkeye thinks back on that game as an "easy win".

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The one thing i've noticed is most FCS wins over FBS teams, especially BCS teams, come against an in-state or regional "rival". I have to think the extra emotional incentive and familiarity helps in those cases.

That's why Temple playing Villanova is tough. Not only are the Wildcats usually quite good, they're also Temple's biggest rival.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 17th, 2011, 03:03 AM
And who knew five years later that UC-Davis would be losing to brand-spanking new South Alabama?

I'm glad moral victories are the candy and nuts you seek. Did Northern Iowa win the game? What? You mean they didn't. Iowa's record against Northern Iowa is? 14-1. Northern Iowa's only win came in what year? 1898.

You go to Vegas and put your money on Northern Iowa everytime. I'm curious to see how much you stand to lose.

The point is that it's more than possible, evidenced by the few upsets and fair amount of close games, counter to your point that it's virtually impossible and will never happen. If the idea of FCS upsets of FBS/BCS upsets you so much, there's another forum I'm sure you'll enjoy much better; http://www.bowlsubdivision.com/forums/

I'm sure with you gone the rest of us will enjoy this site much more. Don't let the door hit ya where the good FSM split ya. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
May 17th, 2011, 03:18 AM
:) Okay, so it does happen, but much like Haley's Comet, it's rare. Eastern Washington was beaten by 25 points by non-AQ WAC affiliate Nevada in 2010. And they are supposed to beat Washington of the Pac-12? Eastern Washington is supposed to beat a team whose last game of the season in 2010 culminated in a 19-7 win over mighty Nebraska in a bowl game? I can't see that happening. That would be like Middle Tennessee State (directional Tennessee) beating the University of Tennessee or Southeast Missouri beating Missouri or Northern Iowa beating Iowa. Or Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo or UC-Davis beating your pick of USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Cal. Just not going to happen (unless you're playing an abyssmal Power $ix team like Stanford in 2005).

It's when FBS/BCS teams have this kind of mentality and don't take top tier FCS teams seriously, that they get beat. Disregard 2010 Nevada of their conference all you want, but they beat #4 BSU at the end of the year, and made fools of BCS Cal earlier in the season, beating them by a score similar to one they had against us. Nevada likely would've beaten UW by 20+ as well had they played them in the first half of the season. The fact is, UW in 2011 is not the same team that beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl; they lost Locker. We gained a couple of their transfers to add to a National Championship team that returns most of it's starters. To say or think that we have absolutely no chance is simply absurd and ignorant. To proclaim we will likely win, would also be absurd and ignorant. However that's not what I'm saying, nor what others are saying. We are saying that it's more than feasible, more than a puncher's chance. I expect EWU will keep it close for about 3 quarters, perhaps into the 4th before UW pulls away at the end, if we do indeed lose. If we win, it won't be by more than a TD. But we certainly won't be blown out like you seem to think, just because they're from a mighty BCS conference and we're lowly FCS. Get real dude. I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain some logic to you, given that you believe a man pulled golden plates with the word of god out of a hat. SMFH.

citdog
May 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain some logic to you, given that you believe a man pulled golden plates with the word of god out of a hat. SMFH.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Only a JEW is capable of such magic!

Lehigh Football Nation
May 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
And who knew five years later that UC-Davis would be losing to brand-spanking new South Alabama?

I'm glad moral victories are the candy and nuts you seek. Did Northern Iowa win the game? What? You mean they didn't. Iowa's record against Northern Iowa is? 14-1. Northern Iowa's only win came in what year? 1898.

You go to Vegas and put your money on Northern Iowa everytime. I'm curious to see how much you stand to lose.

I don't bet, but I would imagine that laying the points on UNI a few years ago could have netted someone some serious coin. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the line was a tiny bit higher than 1 1/2 points.

Note also how you ignored Jacksonville State, Appalachian State, Montana State... the facts that blow your "theory" of BCS dominance, let alone FBS dominance, right out the window.

An $EC team, a Big 10 team, a Big 12 team, and a Pac 10 team have all lost to FCS schools in the past six years - amply proving that no team is safe. And multiple ACC teams have lost, as well as Big East Teams, C-USA - here's a better question, what FBS conference hasn't seen an FCS upset in the last seven years? I'll be waiting for your response with baited breath. xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
May 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wow. You are SO original! I make statements about SPORTS refuting claims of the worth of some SPORTS teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. I never detered from talking about SPORTS or attacked someone by using information (most of it half-truths) that isn't related to SPORTS. Kinda' pathetic that you had to result to attacking someone's religion over SPORTS. I think perhaps that says more about you than it does about me.

And yet you focus on my last line, when 95% of my post pertained to SPORTS and the rational logic in SPORTS as to why some FCS/FBS matchups will be really close or upsets, refuting your IRRATIONAL claims because you're BIASED against FCS simply because they're from a 'lesser' division than FBS, making you an IDIOT and thus making my final comment have a lot of RELEVANCE.

xcoffeex

Redbirdz
May 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Jacksonville State, winner over Ole Miss last year, has Kentucky on October 22. Kentucky has taken a bye week the week before. I wonder if they are concerned about another strong JSU showing. Remember JSU led Florida State in 2009 before falling in the final seconds.

cpalum
May 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wow. You are SO original! I make statements about SPORTS refuting claims of the worth of some SPORTS teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision. I never detered from talking about SPORTS or attacked someone by using information (most of it half-truths) that isn't related to SPORTS. Kinda' pathetic that you had to result to attacking someone's religion over SPORTS. I think perhaps that says more about you than it does about me.

I think your points are solid but if you want to focus on sports I might suggest you change your tag line.....if you want to insert religion into every post you make on a sports forum you should probably be willing to accept and discuss religion as you were the one who brought it up. Personally I'm just fine with it but I thought your response was more that a bit hypocritical.

cmaxwellgsu
May 19th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, like Elon (loser to Duke in 2010) over Vanderbilt. C'mon, dude. A little realism, please?

Why not? Vandy sucks something fierce.

cmaxwellgsu
May 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Jacksonville State, winner over Ole Miss last year, has Kentucky on October 22. Kentucky has taken a bye week the week before. I wonder if they are concerned about another strong JSU showing. Remember JSU led Florida State in 2009 before falling in the final seconds.

The schedule is a little less favorable to Jax St. this time. Kentucky tends to start slow and then get stronger as they go.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Why not? Vandy sucks something fierce.

Yet the scores of their last 7 FCS games have been 45-0 (WCU), 41-17 (Richmond), 37-13 (Richmond), 19-7 (EKU), 51-6 (Chatt), 49-18 (Furman) and 28-22 (Richmond).

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 20th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I'm not saying its going to happen, but its certainly conceivable that Richmond could defeat Duke, considering we have beaten them the last two times we've gone down there.

PhoenixSupreme
May 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
The way I see it, with quite a few of the FCS/FBS matchups, you have the optimism that your FCS team can beat its FBS opponent. But I think most fans also have that realism that they most likely will not beat the FBS team. I feel that Elon may have a shot against Vandy, but I'm realistic that it most likely will be a Vandy blowout. This is an FCS board so what's wrong with having some optimism for your team. Personally in a thread like this, I would rather post my optimistic views than my realistic views on the outcome. I've kind of learned from reading this thread, that some people do not know what optimism is, and refuse to acknowledge any semblance of it

SouthernMan
May 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Remember. NC State loses star QB Russel Wilson, and if NC State comes out slow, don't be surprised if USA upsets NC State

GSU has a better chance of coming away from Tuscaloosa with a win (slim to none and slim is exiting the building )than USA has of beating NC State....afraid its "reality" time for the likes of USA and GaState. No more NAIA - non schollys. Wish you guys well in the game, but blind homerism is just that.

cmaxwellgsu
May 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Yet the scores of their last 7 FCS games have been 45-0 (WCU), 41-17 (Richmond), 37-13 (Richmond), 19-7 (EKU), 51-6 (Chatt), 49-18 (Furman) and 28-22 (Richmond).

They also had a little momentum under Bobby Johnson. That is certainly out the window.

Seawolf97
May 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
The way I see it, with quite a few of the FCS/FBS matchups, you have the optimism that your FCS team can beat its FBS opponent. But I think most fans also have that realism that they most likely will not beat the FBS team. I feel that Elon may have a shot against Vandy, but I'm realistic that it most likely will be a Vandy blowout. This is an FCS board so what's wrong with having some optimism for your team. Personally in a thread like this, I would rather post my optimistic views than my realistic views on the outcome. I've kind of learned from reading this thread, that some people do not know what optimism is, and refuse to acknowledge any semblance of it

Well said and very true. I think none of us go into a season expecting lose a ton of games. Optimism always helps but reality has to set in.

1andDone
May 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
If NC State versus USA is here I wonder why Kent State versus USA isn't here

coover
May 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
While I understand what you are saying, I do believe that if you check, you will find that a year or two ago little Davis did actually beat Stanford. Now I'm not an Aggie fan, but I'll brag on them for that deed!