PDA

View Full Version : Univ. of New Hampshire Spring game

Wildcat80
May 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Nice summary and a short video of highlights. UNH fans are totally expecting Decker to resume his playoff caliber performance in the opener at Toledo. See you in the Glass Bowl!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20110507kdcu1d

Tribal
May 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
UNH will be good again and I expect them to keep their playoff streak going. Based solely on this video, it appears your secondary needs some work. The defense usually has a big advantage in the spring game. Good luck this season.

ngineer
May 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Looking forward to hosting your guys on September 10 at Goodman. I think we'll give you a better tussle this time. (;-)

Wildcat80
May 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Looking forward to hosting your guys on September 10 at Goodman. I think we'll give you a better tussle this time. (;-)

No doubt you will! We have a tough opening schedule...Toledo, Lehigh, Richmond... all on the road. We should know our true potential when we return home. If 3&0.....lookout.

NHwildEcat
May 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM

I'm sure you will...our secondary is a work in process, so we will see how they come along with more reps and experiance. Our offense, IMO will be better then last year...the WR's looked pretty comfortable with Decker throwing to them and I love our HB's!

NHwildEcat
May 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM
No doubt you will! We have a tough opening schedule...Toledo, Lehigh, Richmond... all on the road. We should know our true potential when we return home. If 3&0.....lookout.

The schedule for the whole season is quite impressive...to say the least we will be battled tested once playoff season begins...every week should be a good game to watch from the fans standpoint.

Tribe4SF
May 9th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Offense seems well ahead of the D. Passing total was 29-42 for 310 and 4 TDs. Rushing was 35 for 220 and 2 TDs. All in less than 3 quarters, and I assume those quarters were short. Can't tell much from limited video, but defense did not seem to be playing fast.

NHwildEcat
May 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Offense seems well ahead of the D. Passing total was 29-42 for 310 and 4 TDs. Rushing was 35 for 220 and 2 TDs. All in less than 3 quarters, and I assume those quarters were short. Can't tell much from limited video, but defense did not seem to be playing fast.

Running clock during possessions...it went pretty quickly...about an hour in total to play the under 3 quarters.

Wildcat80
May 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Spring game was only 3 quarters but #1 offense went against less than #1 defense.....so we expected scoring. Defense had good individual plays but sacks were against #2 oline.

UNH72Plus
May 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Wasn't able to make it over for the game, but looks like the offense was playing well. Nice to see Mangieri back and playing well after the broken leg in last year's Blue/White. Didn't see any mention of Setian or Jeannot on offense or Matt Evans or Alan Busbee on defense, did they play?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
There was a running clock used. The game really flew by. Still, the game that started under sunny skies had thunder and lightning approaching late in the 3rd Quarter.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Wasn't able to make it over for the game, but looks like the offense was playing well. Nice to see Mangieri back and playing well after the broken leg in last year's Blue/White. Didn't see any mention of Setian or Jeannot on offense or Matt Evans or Alan Busbee on defense, did they play?

Jeannot and Buzbee did not play. Same for Zarkoskie, McCarthy, Sargent, Vines, etc. (At least six potential starters.) Setian had one of his typical runs, but I think the redshirt freshmen (Steriti and Owens) and guys farther down the depth chart (Coppola, Carini) got more of the carries. Kind of the same thing at WR with Neal, Farina and Conley getting receptions. I didn't look at the stats to see if Evans had many tackles, but he was out there flying around as usual. McNally would have had a couple of sacks if Decker hadn't been wearing the red jersey.

Wildcat80
May 9th, 2011, 03:24 PM

The #1 defense did not play together--guys were mixed-- but I was pleased with the overall athleticism of the secondary. We have some height too....just need game experience....which we should have by 10/15 for our long-awaited win in williamsburg! :)

Tribe4SF
May 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
....which we should have by 10/15 for our long-awaited win in williamsburg! :)

Tribe fans don't bite on that anymore. We just knock on wood.

R3TRO
May 10th, 2011, 04:44 AM
We have to eventually win one against W&M. I think this years UNH team is going to be good, maybe even better than last year. Definitely a more explosive offense.

Wildcat80
May 10th, 2011, 09:34 AM
We have to eventually win one against W&M. I think this years UNH team is going to be good, maybe even better than last year. Definitely a more explosive offense.

Defense & Decker will get it done!