PDA

View Full Version : EIU announces 2006 schedule

FL connection
March 6th, 2006, 07:49 PM
EIU announced it's fall schedule for 2006..........

http://www.eiu.edu/~sprtinfo/releases/football/06_schedule_030606.htm

Get out your travelin' shoes, we're going to the islands.........pretty competitve schedule too.........connection out!!

March 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Here's how to get 12 games:

EASTERN ILLINOIS 2006 PANTHER FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT
Sat., September 2 at Illinois
SAT., SEPTEMBER 9 INDIANA STATE ('Hall of Fame' Game)
Sat., September 16 at Illinois State
Sat., September 23 • at Samford
Sat., September 30 at Hawai'i
SAT., OCTOBER 7 • SOUTHEAST MISSOURI (Family Weekend)
Sat., October 14 • at Eastern Kentucky
SAT., OCTOBER 21 • MURRAY STATE (90th Homecoming Weekend)
Sat., October 28 • at Tennessee-Martin
SAT., NOVEMBER 4 • TENNESSEE STATE
Sat., November 11 • at Tennessee Tech
SAT., NOVEMBER 18 • JACKSONVILLE STATE
• - Ohio Valley Conference contest
HOME games at EIU's O'Brien Stadium

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Trip to Hawaii sure does the trick...

Three road games in a row has got to stink. Hawaii will be a fun trip for them...wonder how much Hawaii is paying them considering the travel issues...

Golden Eagle
March 6th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Looks like a tough road a-ho for the defending champs. @ Illinois, @ Hawaii, @ EKU, @ Illinois State.

TexasTerror
March 7th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Not so happy campers in Hawaii...after a cheap shot in the 2002 game between the two schools, Hawaii faithful thought they would never see Eastern Illinois again. Apparently, they are not too thrilled they are going to be seeing them in 2006...

Pouncing on Panthers

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer

Four years after vowing to never — ever, ever — play Eastern Illinois again in football, University of Hawai'i officials yesterday announced the teams will meet Sept. 30 at Aloha Stadium.

"I'm glad we have another home game," UH coach June Jones said.

Eastern Illinois is UH's eighth — and final — home opponent for the 2006 season. The Warriors have scheduled the maximum 13 regular-season games.

Eastern Illinois competes on the Division I-AA level. But under revised NCAA rules, if the Warriors were to win the game, they could count it toward bowl-eligibility consideration. The Warriors need a winning regular season record to be eligible.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060307/SPORTS0201/603070332/1032/SPORTS

Cocky
March 7th, 2006, 09:10 AM
DId the twelve game pass for I-AA? or does the Hawaii game have special circumstances?

Cocky
March 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I hope they are tired for the last game. EIU has nearly everyone back from a good club.

TexasTerror
March 7th, 2006, 10:00 AM
DId the twelve game pass for I-AA? or does the Hawaii game have special circumstances?

Travel to Hawaii, you get another game to your schedule...

For I-As, that means 13, for I-AAs, that means 12...

purduecrum
March 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
EIU announced it's fall schedule for 2006..........

http://www.eiu.edu/~sprtinfo/releases/football/06_schedule_030606.htm

Get out your travelin' shoes, we're going to the islands.........pretty competitve schedule too.........connection out!!

I'm sick of $40 games on Purdue's schedule that include Indiana State ('06)and now Eastern Illinois ('07). Playing the MAC was bad enough. I have great front row seats, but this Purdue (and Western Illinois) alum never wants to see these two meet on the gridiron. Keeping my season tickets is a serious question I must consider for the future if a bad product is continually shoved down our throat.

I'd pay to see Eastern and Western pay. But not at I-A prices. Maybe the Colts have some season ticket plans I can get into?

leatherneck177
March 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
The Hawaii game is nice and the Illinois game is nice as well. I just think it is interesting that Illinois tends to duck Western Illinois (besides the '07 game) and Southern Illinois.

I'd like to see WIU/EIU get back together annually for a cross state rivalry. I'm sure the EIU faithful are still smarting over that schlacking that WIU gave them in the 2002 playoffs.

EIU86
March 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
On paper this should be EIU's best team in a long time. Given that, I don't like playing Hawaii this year right in the middle of the conference schedule. Especially when they already have Illinois on the schedule.

In the past, EIU has always talked about how long it takes to get readjusted (jet lag, blah blah blah) after they get back from the Hawaii game. If that is the truth (I have some doubts), then they shouldn't be playing Hawaii this year. Play them next year, when EIU will be re-building.

Hawaii covers EIU expenses; therefore, no gain or loss from this game. The game could help recruiting, but not when you announce it in March.

I would like EIU to rotate playing ISU, SIU, and WIU. Quite frankly, I would like EIU to still be in the Gateway, but EIU wasn't willing to stay in the god awful Mid-Continent for all other sports. EIU administrators knew it would hurt the football program to move to the OVC, which it has.

I heard that EIU wasn't real happy with the way Ball ran the WIU program, but I always chalked that up to sour grapes due to the fact WIU was beating us fairly regularly.

March 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'm sick of $40 games on Purdue's schedule that include Indiana State ('06)and now Eastern Illinois ('07). ... a bad product is continually shoved down our throat...Ever think of not posting that I-AA is a bad product on a I-AA board??? :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Sick of games on PORDOO'S schedule? Who in the heck is predude anyway???? They don't play I-AA so they can go away. :nod: :nod: GAWD!! Find your way to a purrdood board fer hell's sake. I personally hope perdew gets crushed by our I-AA squads. :nod: Anyway, happy to take their money. :lmao:

Cocky
March 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Sic'em, Ralph

FL connection
March 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Nice job Ralph........but how do you really feel!!!!!