PDA

View Full Version : Ijalana, Ellis and Rackley in Round Two?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 28th, 2011, 11:03 PM
With the run on OL/DL in the first round, I think it could happen. Thoughts?

Lafalumni29
April 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm not a big fan of the brown and white ;), but I kinda hope Rackley goes to my NY GIANTS!!!!!

RichH2
April 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Had the same thought this AM. I hope not to Iggles or Cowboys. NYG do need OL and particularly at OG.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
What would I do if Rackley went to the Giants - my least favorite NFL team? xlolx

I think there's a real good shot that all three get picked today. Ijalana is rumored to be one of the first players taken at 6PM today. I think Ellis will go in the middle, and Rackley will go at the end. I think the Packers nab him with the final pick in the second round, or the Steelers - unless the Eagles or Giants take him first.

Ellis I thought could go to the Giants. Don't they need a DT?

jmufan999
April 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
i think Ijalana and Rackley go in round 2 (don't know which one comes off the board first) but Ellis will go in round 3.

RichH2
April 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM
LFN
We all have our character flaws. Mine are legendary , according to my kids, but an Eagles fan.xoopsx Never could I stoop so low.:D. Of course that is not nearly as awful as being a Cowbums fanxeyebrowx.

Seriously tho, I hope Rack signs with East team. Even the Igglesxwhistlex

Lafalumni29
April 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Watched his highlights from the E/W game. Very nice. Wouldn't that be unfortunate to waste that talent on the Cowgirls. They're going to continue to be the best team that can't win a playoff game as long as they have Ho......I mean, Romo. xcoolx

StorminASU
April 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Watched his highlights from the E/W game. Very nice. Wouldn't that be unfortunate to waste that talent on the Cowgirls. They're going to continue to be the best team that can't win a playoff game as long as they have Ho......I mean, Romo. xcoolx

No...you were right the first time xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Rackley was taken in the 3rd round by Jacksonville!

NHwildEcat
April 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM

Right...its all Romo's fault.

ngineer
April 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Rackley was taken in the 3rd round by Jacksonville!

Yes! Highest draft for Lehigh since QB McQuilken went in the third round in 1974. Not sure if his selection number is higher than Kim's, though. Where there's Will, there's a way!

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Ijalana was the only player to go in Round Two, but both Will Rackley and Kenrick Ellis went by the end of Day 2.

Round 2, Pick 17 (49th overall) Ben Ijalana, Colts
Round 3, Pick 12 (76th overall) Will Rackley, Lehigh
Round 3, Pick 30 (94th Overall) Kenrick Ellis, Hampton

Taiwan Jones is definitely next. I see him going almost immediately in the 4th round. How many more FCS players?

Both the Colts and the Jaguars traded up to get Ijalana and Rackley. xthumbsupx

HailSzczur
April 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ijalana is the highest drafted Nova player since Howie....and he ended up with a decent career. So happy for Ben, and I can now say I am part Colts fan. Im very curious to see what position they play him in next year

Screamin_Eagle174
April 30th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Ijalana is the highest drafted Nova player since Howie....and he ended up with a decent career. So happy for Ben, and I can now say I am part Colts fan. Im very curious to see what position they play him in next year

They'll switch him inside to guard.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 30th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Ijalana was the only player to go in Round Two, but both Will Rackley and Kenrick Ellis went by the end of Day 2.

Round 2, Pick 17 (49th overall) Ben Ijalana, Colts
Round 3, Pick 12 (76th overall) Will Rackley, Lehigh
Round 3, Pick 30 (94th Overall) Kenrick Ellis, Hampton

Taiwan Jones is definitely next. I see him going almost immediately in the 4th round. How many more FCS players?

Both the Colts and the Jaguars traded up to get Ijalana and Rackley. xthumbsupx

I agree. I hope my Hawks take him... they have the 2nd pick in the 4th at 99.

ngineer
April 30th, 2011, 09:52 AM
McQuilken held onto to higher selection # of 68 verus Rackley's 76. A great day for Will and the program. Jaguars had their eye on Rackley since his sophomore year.

ngineer
April 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the link! Not everyday we get to see 'one of our own' getting this amount of pr.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/05/with-76th-pick-jacksonville-jaguars.html

Congratulations Will Rackley!

superman7515
May 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
He looked bad in some of the off-season workouts. If you remember, during the year he was as high as the #4 quarterback overall. Obviously they didn't like what they saw when they worked him out. It will be tough for him, or any of the undrafted guys, to get on a team this off-season because if the appeal is granted and the lockout stays in place for the 6-8 weeks to make a final decision, it will be July before these guys even get on a team. With just a few weeks to catch on to the team's system and the team not being attached to them financially, it won't be hard for them to get dismissed.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
I was stunned that Devlin didn't look better in the East-West Shrine game. Personally, I thought it was because of an injury, perhaps to his legs, that caused him to be unable to be as elusive as he had been. But more importantly, I think, it seemed that he suffered a big loss of confidence somewhere between the Georgia Southern semifinal and the offseason. I have no idea why.

Remember, I had anointed him a high draft pick as soon as he torched Lehigh. Watch him in that game, and you're thinking Joe Flacco revisited, trust me. But somewhere after that game, something happened.

lehighfball
May 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM
I wasn't surprised at all that he went undrafted. Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark for the position at Penn State. I was more surprised at all the hoopla surrounding his departure and how the Devlin supporters were so sure he was going to play on Sunday's.

Franks Tanks
May 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I wasn't surprised at all that he went undrafted. Devlin couldn't beat out Darryl Clark for the position at Penn State. I was more surprised at all the hoopla surrounding his departure and how the Devlin supporters were so sure he was going to play on Sunday's.

I agree. Devlin ran the Hen's offense quite efficiently last year, but that is about all he did. He seldom threw the ball down the field or made difficult NFL type throws like a deep comeback. He is a smart player who makes good decisions and throws short passes accurately, but he is no Joe Flacco.

ngineer
May 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nice write up and links to the video. thanks.

DFW HOYA
May 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
According to Drafthistory.net, this is only the second PL draft pick since 1989. Does that sound correct?

Lehigh: (2011)
Fordham (2007)
Holy Cross (1989)
Colate (1988)
Lafayette (1987)
Bucknell (1969)
Georgetown (1953)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
According to Drafthistory.net, this is only the second PL draft pick since 1989. Does that sound correct?

Lehigh: (2011)
Fordham (2007)
Holy Cross (1989)
Colate (1988)
Lafayette (1987)
Bucknell (1969)
Georgetown (1953)

There's at least three:

Rich Owens (Lehigh, 5th round, 1995)
John Skelton (Fordham, 5th round, 2010)
Rackley (Lehigh, 3rd round, 2011)

There may be others. In particular, I'm not sure about Fordham.

ngineer
May 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
If you're going back to the '50's, Dan Nolan was a 3rd or 4th round pick around 1958 at QB...but of course, that was 30 years before the PL came into existence.

ngineer
May 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Was Kreider a draft pick by Cincinnati Bengals, or was he a free agent signee??

LU73
May 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Kreider was the second pick in the sixth round (139 overall) by Cincinnati in 1979.