PDA

View Full Version : Does your team make the playoffs???... Why?

clawman
April 23rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Bring it

OL FU
April 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
OK What the hell. It is certainly possible but I think we are more than a year away from getting back to where we need to be. Lots of people poiint to close games with GSU and Chattanooga, but both games were close because the opponents kept shooting themselves in the foot during the first half. Wofford rocked us. ASU wasn't horrible but I think alot of the fire for ASU to beat the snot out of Furman has dissipated. With a rising GSU and Chattanooga and a still strong Wofford and ASU, I think we are a few years away. Don't mean to leave Elon out of the equation but I have know clue where to consider you.

Brad82
April 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
If eligible? Yes,Rhody returns a ton of experience,other teams lose a lot.
+ natural law-kicks in,upon announcing leaving CAA,team starts winning. + More favorable schedule,more confidence.

Cocky
April 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yes, talent not coaching.
We should win every game except maybe Kentucky.

cmaxwellgsu
April 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
We have a lights out defense, and are only going to get better on offense. We have a less favorable schedule, but I think we'll get past that without too much difficulty.

Skjellyfetti
April 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Yes. Next year will probably be a down year for us. A lot will depend on how our new defense does (both a new 3-4 scheme a lot of new personnel). I'm prepared mentally in case our run of SoCon titles comes to an end. But, would be mighty disappointed if we don't make the playoffs. Of course, we might not be eligible for the playoffs depending on what shakes out the next 3 or 4 months.

SFA 93
April 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Stephen F. Austin makes the playoffs because they have the personal and a coaching staff lead by two time SLC Coach of the Year J.C. Harper to make it possible.

An offense that ranked as one of the top in the nation returns everyone (minus the quarterback) that includes All-Americans Jr. WR Gralyn Crawford, Jr. WR. Cordell Roberson, and a line anchored by All-SLC 1st teamer Sr. OL George Bias, All-SLC Jr. OL John Steel and All-SLC Jr. OL Corey Dickerson.

New OC Mike Nesbitt who ran basically the same Mike Leach Texas Tech style attack at West Texas A&M shouldn't miss a beat with a personal who already knows his system, and also like Texas Tech, Nesbitt can pretty much plug in any QB and be successful moving the ball as SFA has a healthy pool of very talented QBs just itching to step in. My bet is on Junior QB Dalton Williams 6-4; 225

The defense though takes a big hit losing 5 starters on defense. But they get back Junior DE Jacob Fincher 6-3; 245 who was slated to start last season but had to seat out due to injury. The Jacks also bring in a couple of All-American JUCOs to sure up DE.

SFA does return at DT big 6-0; 322 So. Corey Hill. Sr. Weekendfer Saurit 6-0; 310 and Sr. Gordon Booker II 6-0; 300 have game experience as well as Tulsa transfer Wayne Thompson and Texas Tech transfer Mike Jones.

LBs corp returns starters Sr. Derrick Choice and Sr. Devin Ducote. Also ready to contribute are Jr. Ryan Epperson and TCU transfer So. Justin Isadore

In the secondary starters Sr. Ben Wells and All-SLC 1st Teamer Jr. Josh Aubrey return and plug in Sr. and Iowa transfer David Cato and So. Caleb Nelson.

Special teams returns All-SLC Sr. punter Drew Nelson

Axe'Em Jacks!

Redhawk2010
April 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hard to say at this point. Obviously we all hope that last year was not a 1-year adventure. The Redhawks lost a lot of seniors including multiple All-Americans, but they appear to be optomistic. Lots of changes occurring in Cape Girardeau, but hopefully they keep the "Swag" going and make a push for another OVC Championship.

clearthinker
April 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
OK What the hell. It is certainly possible but I think we are more than a year away from getting back to where we need to be. Lots of people poiint to close games with GSU and Chattanooga, but both games were close because the opponents kept shooting themselves in the foot during the first half. Wofford rocked us. ASU wasn't horrible but I think alot of the fire for ASU to beat the snot out of Furman has dissipated. With a rising GSU and Chattanooga and a still strong Wofford and ASU, I think we are a few years away. Don't mean to leave Elon out of the equation but I have know clue where to consider you.

I thought you guys had a hot shot Qb transfer from UCLA to direct your offense--whatever happened to him?

TheValleyRaider
April 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
The optimist in me says Yes, but we've got some significant hurdles to climb
1-Who's the QB? Eachus is a Payton candidate at RB, this should be the best O-Line we've had in a few years, but we're replacing a big leader in Greg Sullivan
2-Schedule, specifically Week 2 at Holy Cross. Tough place to go, against a team that's played us well recently, and early in the season when we're breaking in a new QB and generally struggle anyway. Losing a tiebreaker against one of the other contenders and eliminating the margin of error in what's probably going to be a tight league race

That being said, we could easily reach 8 wins (loss to HC and 2 of Lehigh/Monmouth/Albany/Towson), which might be enough with the 20-team field

WestCoastAggie
April 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
The Hatch Attack will make an appearance this November.

LeadBolt
April 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
W&M has a very good chance at making the playoffs, although with a last minute cancellation from a FCS opponent and a Division 2 school replacing makes it harder.

The defense should be back to 2009 form and hopefully the new DC will be as good as the last.

Questions on keeping a quality QB healthy, replacing losses and injuries at WR and how quick the OL gels will be key to the offense. A quick start Sept. 3 at UVA would give the confidence needed to make a playoff run, although as always there is a tough CAA schedule to contend with.

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm leaning towards yes. 18 starters from last year return this year, the EWU replay fiasco still fresh in the player's minds. More competition at the QB spot this year with a redshirt from last year now in the playing mix (Thorton) means a lot of pressure for Brock Jensen to up his game.

The passing game situation is a big IF. Almost all our WRs are injured in spring ball. There need to be a huge improvement from our recievers in August for the fans to have confidence in our offense again.

Our schedule favors us winning at least 7 games. Two easy OOC home games plus MVFC home games vs. MoSU, ILSU and Youngstown give us at least 5 games where we have a great shot of winning. Beat Indiana State (no longer an easy task) and WIU and that's 7. Hardest games of the year are Minnesota, UNI SDSU and SIU. Even taking half of those 4 games and splitting INSU/WIU along with winning the renaining 5 home games means an 8-3 record and playoffs.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
April 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
I think ASU will make the playoffs this year. Whether or not ASU repeats as the champion remains to be seen. Like I said earlier, ASU is king of the mountain until someone proves otherwise. The most likely SoCon teams that could knock off ASU are Georgia Southern, Chattanooga and Wofford.

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Good thing they expanded the playoffs we're almost out oof room half way thru page 2

HailSzczur
April 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
I want to say Villanova makes the playoffs, but my gut says no. Too many key loses on both sides of the ball, but most especially the offense. You cant replace guys like Ijalana and Klouser up front, and the backfield takes a hit as RBs Aaron Ball and Angelo Babarro, QB Chris Whitney, WR/RB/QB/Returnman/and all around nice guy Matt Szczur leaving. Talley is a great coach, and has alot of great assistants and plenty of young talent this year. The key though is young. There are many unproven players and underclassmen who will be called uponed to fill some really big shoes.
Can the team make the playoffs? Yes, the talent and potential is there. However the experience factor is not and that ultimately keeps us out. The team we saw last year essentially was the same core that lost to JMU in the Quarterfinals 2 years earlier, they were a well oiled machine. Watch out for the Cats to make a similar run next year or the year after, assuming that the Rutgers and Pitt dont change their stance on us paying at PPL Park

achrist70
April 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I will say yes.

10/11 starters return on a very good defense

8/11 starters return on offense, Terrell Rennie has had an entire year to learn in our offense, and at this level, I expect him to be very good. Also the most important part of any offense the line returns all but one, and truthfully the one that doesn't return was our weakest link.

1/2 special teamers a great punter in Kyle Bernard (however I hope we don't need to use him much) and even though Billy Hallgren is our all time leading scorer I get the feeling that many UNI fans are ready to see him go.

Finally the way the season ended leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of Panthers, has to transfer over well (I hope).

bjtheflamesfan
April 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
I think LU makes the show but we cannot wet the bed (figuratively speaking) in any of our conference games

1andDone
April 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
No, Because we are Ineligble. If we were able to be in it we would, without a doubt make it.

McNeese75
April 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Cowboys have as good or better chance as anyone else in the SLC (including SFA)

The Eagle's Cliff
April 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
No, Because we are Ineligble. If we were able to be in it we would, without a doubt make it.

Even with your 85 scholarships, I'd doubt it. Your two most notable wins are in 2010 against 6-5 UC-Davis and 4-7 Nicholls St. which isn't really notable at all considering you were playing with 70-80 scholarships then. Since your only playing 7 D1 games and you won't beat NC St, you wouldn't be eligible even at 9-1. Why don't you have Sun Belt teams on the schedule yet?

seantaylor
April 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Because we are straight loaded, and our coach is on a mission to make up for our last two awful coaches. 10-1 regular season and #1 seed.

ngineer
April 23rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Yes. We should be a better team than our Championship and playoff team of 2010. A lot of returning talent at the skill positions. Defensive front 7 have tremendous experience and the 'new' secondary is very athletic. OL undergoing some replacements, but from what I have seen in the spring they should be good enough to get the job done. Lum with a full year under his belt should improve in all facets at QB. One area with question marks is kicking as we will be breaking in a new punter, who looked good at spring game, but not game tested. Place kicking is okay from 35 yards, but no long range threat, unless the new freshman surprises. Lehigh should be the preseason favorite to repeat at Patriot League Champs and get the autobid.

OL FU
April 24th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I thought you guys had a hot shot Qb transfer from UCLA to direct your offense--whatever happened to him?

Well he was injured in the South Carolina game. Seems to be more of a runner than a passer and at least at present is number two on the depth chart. Having him back will help. If he gets around the corner, not many can catch him. But there are 10 others on offense and 11 on defense.

Laserlips
April 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM

WCA:

And I think you will find a surprising number of Georgia Southern fans pulling for that very thing.. Coach Hatcher is a quality coach, and an ever better person..

Good luck to your team..

Jesse

darell1976
April 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Nope...not eligible, but we will see what happens at the end of this season to see if we are on the right track to be playoff bound in 2012.

WileECoyote06
April 24th, 2011, 08:44 AM
This is our first year of eligibility, and we're happy to be competing for a shot. The infusion of proven new coaches in the MEAC is going to make things very interesting.

I'd be happy with 5 to 6 wins and a victory in Greensboro.

Grizzaholic
April 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Yes.

EdubAlum
April 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Yes

BearIt
April 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Yes, Because last year was a fluke.

NHwildEcat
April 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Yes, because we have the longest streak in the country and we are just built to win 9+ games every year...(8 last year was a fluke considering we lost some strange games to the likes of Maine & URI)

phoenixphanatic21
April 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yes, because I believe in Swepson xthumbsupx

1andDone
April 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Even with your 85 scholarships, I'd doubt it. Your two most notable wins are in 2010 against 6-5 UC-Davis and 4-7 Nicholls St. which isn't really notable at all considering you were playing with 70-80 scholarships then. Since your only playing 7 D1 games and you won't beat NC St, you wouldn't be eligible even at 9-1. Why don't you have Sun Belt teams on the schedule yet?

We are playing, going to start playing Sun Belt next year, without being eligible for the championship, being eligible in 2013.

Big Dawg
April 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I believe FAMU makes the playoffs because eachyear we seem to get better. After going 3-8 in 2007, we have gone a combined 27-9(27-6 vs. FCS competion) and have finished no lower than 2nd in the MEAC. This year is probably going to be the most solid out of those teams. We return Austin Trainor at QB as well as Membpis transfer Tyler Bass to give sme much needed depth at that position. We very solid offensive backfield in Eddie "The Rocket" Rocker, James Owens, Lavontae Page, and Jordan Stanley...at receiver we're pretty solid with T.J. Lawrence(UF transfer) and Kevin Elliot leading what should be a much improved crew....O-Line looks good, but we'll have to see how they hold as the season progresses.

Defensively, we are going to be much stronger and faster...probably the most intense crew we've had in a while.

I think FAMU can not only win the MEAC, but we may actually be able to make some noise in the playoffs. The ONLY thing that will hold us back is suspect coaching *cough* offesne*cough*

DJKyR0
April 24th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Yes. Top-5 RB returning with a monster supporting cast, improving passing game, lights-out defense all from a quarterfinal team that had a lot of very young contributors. No doubt.

BEAR
April 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Yes. Because we have a striped field.. xlolx

Tribal
April 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Yes because I believe 4 CAA teams will make the playoffs (again). IMO, UD, UNH, and W&M will compete for the CAA title. JMU or Nova will most likely occupy the 4th spot. That said, if W&M doesn't solidify a strong starting QB AND at least one competent back-up, we're in trouble. It doesn't help that the Tribe's #1 WR is out for--probably--the entire season with an ACL injury. Defense should be better and our RB and OL are excellent.

GaSouthern
April 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM
GSU is probably gonna be a crapshoot, if we can beat woffy, and either app or chatty we should make it. Our team should be much improved as we only lost one starter but our schedule is horrible because of a D2 and Alabama being on the lineup.

clawman
April 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Yes, because we have the longest streak in the country and we are just built to win 9+ games every year...(8 last year was a fluke considering we lost some strange games to the likes of Maine & URI)

Need a better reason than that. That's what Montana thought... before last season.

chattownmocs
April 25th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I think so. We definitely have the talent even with limited numbers. Need smarter play by our QB and natural improvement by a D that returns 10 starters and we should be competitive with anyone.

bluehenbillk
April 25th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, if we don't get to the quarterfinals this year, it's a disappointment in my book. We lose orur QB Devlin, who was one of the best in FCS, but otherwise the returning O looks great. Should have the best OL in the CAA with 4 starters back, have 3 good RB's including the CAA Freshman of the year, good WR's & more deoth at TE than I can ever remember. Could have a USC transfer at WR too. Defense: lost 3 DL but the line looks good in the spring - lots of depth, LB's are the strenght, with a 3-year & 2-year starters returning. DB is the ? mark/achilles heel. I think our CB play will be good, Hawkins the transfer from MD looks solid, but I'm worried about our safety play.

NHwildEcat
April 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Need a better reason than that. That's what Montana thought... before last season.

Fair enough...we lost a lot of senior leadership and play makers in the secondary, but I believe we have very good replacements to take over that role. Our D-Line and LB's are still great. especially the LB's...Matt Evans will be up for some big awards at the end of the year and he is only going into his Jr. year.

On the offense, I am not too worried. We have a good system in place so I have always felt that for the most part you just put the players on the field and direct them. With that said it always is a benefit to have some very good skill position players and we have improved out QB to Kevin Decker. I think his decision making is better than that of RJ Toman so that alone will help lessen our turnovers which will result in more wins then we had last year. I would expect 9 wins in the regular season, which is more than enough to get us back into the tournament.

GannonFan
April 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Yes, if we don't get to the quarterfinals this year, it's a disappointment in my book. We lose orur QB Devlin, who was one of the best in FCS, but otherwise the returning O looks great. Should have the best OL in the CAA with 4 starters back, have 3 good RB's including the CAA Freshman of the year, good WR's & more deoth at TE than I can ever remember. Could have a USC transfer at WR too. Defense: lost 3 DL but the line looks good in the spring - lots of depth, LB's are the strenght, with a 3-year & 2-year starters returning. DB is the ? mark/achilles heel. I think our CB play will be good, Hawkins the transfer from MD looks solid, but I'm worried about our safety play.

Yup, no reason for UD not to make the playoffs again this year. The OL is just stacked and there is talent galore to run behind it.

appstate38
April 25th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Because we are straight loaded, and our coach is on a mission to make up for our last two awful coaches. 9-2 regular season and #2 seed.

Fixed it for you Sean....

Yes the Apps make the playoffs.... With Georgia So. coming to the Rock another great battle looms in that one

BEAR
April 25th, 2011, 11:09 AM
They could- In reality, the defense is stout again. The offense I'm not sure of. We also haven't seen the recruits yet. If they arrive and one or two improve the offenseive talent already here, then I can see UCA making the playoffs. But even at that, only the second year eligible, UCA has some work to do to make it past the first round.

asumike83
April 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I am confident that ASU will again be in the playoffs. The development of the young O-Line will likely determine whether that is an auto-bid or at-large. GA Southern will return a great defense, so we'll have to be solid enough up front to put points on the board by the time they come visit. That game will likely determine the SoCon title, but I expect Chattanooga and Wofford to make some noise too.

SpeedkingATL
April 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
App probably has as much talent on this years team as any App team in the past, but probably will be depending on more inexperienced players than anytime in the last 6 seasons. The play of the inexperienced offensive line and new 3-4 defense will tell the tail. The SoCon is as strong in the top 2/3s as it has ever been with at least 4 and possibly 6 teams in the mix for a playoff spot. I hope it comes down to the ASU vs GSU game the Rock to determine the SoCon champ and a #1 Playoff seed.

SpiritCymbal
April 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Short answer...I don't know.

Long answer...I like our chances. It all hinges on how well we perform against the rest of the SoCon. Two of our OOC games are non-factors (D2 & Bama). Our other OOC (Presbyterian) won't do anything to help us in the eyes of the selection committee either. So basically, we need to do no worse than 6-2 in the SoCon this year. We have App and Wofford on the road this year so those are going to be tough games. Chatt has proven over the past 2 years not to be the pushover they use to be. Hell, we haven't beaten Samford in the last several years either. There's more parody in the SoCon than there use to be so going 6-2 is nothing to sneeze at. Our easiest games will probably be Elon & Western. But outside of those two "gimmie" games, there's nothing to indicate that this is going to be an easy year...even with 20 of 22 starters returning.

asumike83
April 25th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Short answer...I don't know.

Long answer...I like our chances. It all hinges on how well we perform against the rest of the SoCon. Two of our OOC games are non-factors (D2 & Bama). Our other OOC (Presbyterian) won't do anything to help us in the eyes of the selection committee either. So basically, we need to do no worse than 6-2 in the SoCon this year. We have App and Wofford on the road this year so those are going to be tough games. Chatt has proven over the past 2 years not to be the pushover they use to be. Hell, we haven't beaten Samford in the last several years either. There's more parody in the SoCon than there use to be so going 6-2 is nothing to sneeze at. Our easiest games will probably be Elon & Western. But outside of those two "gimmie" games, there's nothing to indicate that this is going to be an easy year...even with 20 of 22 starters returning.

If GSU doesn't make the playoffs, I will be shocked. As much as I hate to admit it, I'd be a little disappointed as well.

Smitty
April 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
If the stars align in the sky causing random miracles and rainbows to fall on Cullowhee, then yes I believe WCU will go to the playoffs.

bleedblue
April 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I don't think it is a lock UD gets in because the QB position is so important. Although Trent Dilfer did play in and a super bowl. I think, think, UD gets in but it will have to be with a very good running game and a better than average defense. Frisco is a reach but keep hope alive.

StorminASU
April 26th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Someone better let the NCAA know the playoffs need to be expanded to 126 teams just in case all these predictions come true, haha.

clawman
April 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Someone better let the NCAA know the playoffs need to be expanded to 126 teams just in case all these predictions come true, haha.

Good point, and we haven't heard any bravado from any Big Sky teams...well I may as well start here.
My Eastern Eagles are a lock for a playoff spot, in fact I better make hotel reservations in Frisco!!

BEAR
April 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
UCA will make the playoffs because we're the freakin' home of tornadoes! LOL

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I'm not real sure yet. After seeing some of the scrimmage video I'm a little worried that it may be real easy for defenses to read what our best QB (at thsi point) is going to be throwing the ball.

I think our D will be real strong but I'm not too sure we won't be giving away the ball again this year at a pretty good clip if the looking at the hot receiver thing is not fixed. If the hot receiver isn't open then we tuck & run...which he does pretty well but still it really limits the offense.

jmufan999
April 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM
i'll say yes. we'll fly under the radar for a good portion of the season because we won't start out very high in the polls. fine with me.

we return nearly the entire defense (one of the best in the country) and our QB play couldn't possibly be any worse. even with bad QB play, we had a winning record last year. transfer QB from KSU SHOULD be better. i'd say we have a 60-65% chance of making it, but obviously it's very early.

Silenoz
April 27th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Probably. It took a perfect storm of fail to lose 3 of our 4 games last year. This year's schedule didn't do us any favors, but we should be the favorite in all FCS games other than (probably) the MSU game.

Sycamore51
April 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
For INST it all depends on the WKU game if we win that I put us at 7-8 wins and in. Lose I give us 7-6 wins and out. I say we get Butler, Youngstown, WIU, SIU, at home pick up SDSU and either ILL ST and/or MO ST on the road. WKU will put us at 7(8) with a 1-A (will never call them BCS) win. That coupled with the fact it would be a feel good story and ISU is in. If we beat Penn St they will put us in the title game automatically. :)

clawman
April 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Probably. It took a perfect storm of fail to lose 3 of our 4 games last year. This year's schedule didn't do us any favors, but we should be the favorite in all FCS games other than (probably) the MSU game.

What??? Are you kidding??? Maybe would be giving you the benefit of the doubt, no probably about it. When Hauck left so went the glory days, get used to it.
You went through 2 QB's last year and still could not win. So this year you have a QB roulette going on and your offense is still in flux. The only thing you have going is a couple of good LB's.
Your schedule is as cushy as ever other than the Tennessee game. You have Cal Poly and the Eagles coming in early, then Weber coming in late. The only difficult team you travel to is MSU.
"but we should be the favorite in all FCS games other than (probably) the MSU game". You have to travel there and if you only get beat by 2 TD it will be a good day.
And the Eagles will make you look like a practice squad!!
Get real

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM
The fact that we were on the road for all of those games you listed as the tough ones and still just barely missed should put your ideas of what is possible in some perspective. We do have a few things we don't know about yet as far as QB but that could go either way and even where it is at now I still see us at 50/50 in those bigger games.

Our offense is not in nearly as much flux as it was last year when we still gave all those teams everything they could handle on their home fields.

We will be favored in all those games in our house but that doesn't mean anything. You ain't as good as you seem to think you are. If anyone gets to looking like a practice squad it will be the Eagles.

You also don't appear to know history very well since you think it began and ends with Hauck.xlolx

In the Eagles history you guys have been as good as the Griz one time. We do that all the time.

I commend you on striving to be more like the Griz though. It's a very wide gap to close so good luck on all that.xlolx

AppAlum2003
April 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM

deja vu all over again

clawman
April 27th, 2011, 01:56 PM
LOL, LOL, LOL
Your first paragraph appears to refer to 2010. This is 2011.
The toughest games on your schedule are Cal Poly, Eastern, Weber, and MSU. FYI the first three of those games are in your house. The MSU game is your toughest road game.
All that another team can handle does not count. The only thing going for the Griz is the 20 game playoff schedule and you MAY be able to play the first round when ND or Cal Poly will play badminton with your team.

bojeta
April 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
We've certainly got some obstacles to overcome: 1. This is our last year in the Great West which does not receive an automatic bid. 2. We scheduled two very tough FBS opponents. 3. We were forced to schedule a DII team to fill the home schedule which doesn't count. Essentially, we MUST win seven of eight FCS games including: Eastern WA, Montana, South Alabama, South Dakota State and what I feel will be one of the strongest Great West schedules in years. All that being said, I say we make the playoffs! :)

Silenoz
April 27th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah... what Ursus said...

And your schedule is practically identical to ours lol

Silenoz
April 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM
LOL, LOL, LOL
The toughest games on your schedule are Cal Poly, Eastern, Weber, and MSU. FYI the first three of those games are in your house. The MSU game is your toughest road game.
All that another team can handle does not count. The only thing going for the Griz is the 20 game playoff schedule and you MAY be able to play the first round when ND or Cal Poly will play badminton with your team.
Would that be North Dakota? Notre Dame?

And I love how you point out that most of our tough games are at home. Hence the "we should the favorite in most of our games" comment. LOL LOL etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2011, 05:23 PM
LOL, LOL, LOL

Oh, that was 2010 & this is 2011? Got it.

2011 has yet to happen correct? You know so much about the future though...in spite of not having any grip whatsoever on history.

Nobody played badminton with us last year at their house and they won't be doing it this year at our house.

It was nice to see EWU finally get a win in their own house for you guys but it happens with such irregularity that it is unlikely that they'll pull one out at our place this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2011, 05:29 PM

And I love how you point out that most of our tough games are at home. Hence the "we should the favorite in most of our games" comment. LOL LOL etc.

He doesn't appear to have the ability that some of the other EWU friends do. It's tough when you're new to the sport like that so we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt that he will improve.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 27th, 2011, 06:22 PM
deja vu all over again

Still one of my favorite GSU games puttin an "Eagle Crack" in The Rock in 2007 when you guys were flying high on your Michigan win and home winning streak. Hatcher pulled out the tricky with Foster and Freshman QB Billy Lowe (whose career ended with a back injury that season).:p

Of course 2009 is said to be the game that sealed Hatcher's fate.xoopsx

clawman
April 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM

Your quote does not even make sense. If fact who are you quoting? Since another of your Montana cohorts copied you, that must be an indication of how you talk in Montana. Care to share what you are really trying to say??

SumItUp
April 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Essentially, we MUST win seven of eight FCS games including: Eastern WA, Montana, South Alabama, South Dakota State and what I feel will be one of the strongest Great West schedules in years. All that being said, I say we make the playoffs! :)

Does a win against South Alabama qualify as a D-1 win in 2011?

GoAgs72
April 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Looking at the schedules, I suspect none of the California teams will make the playoffs. UC Davis, Sac State and Cal Poly will duke it out for 5-6, 6-5 or 7-4 records. However, Cal Poly and UC Davis have D2 matchups so 8-3 or more will be needed. I just don't see it happening. Sac State has the easiest path.

Bam
April 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yes, EKU is back! Veteran QB, OC just resigned xhurrayx & the D has one of the best DB's/KR's in the nation.

http://richmondregister.com/localsports/x58990287/EKU-FOOTBALL-Springston-steps-down

UD77
April 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hope we do as always but ... 11 game season. First game is against Navy (we could win but most likely a loss). Next game is West Chester D-2 - even if we win (win is not D-1) that leaves 9 games that we have to have max of only two losses. The teams that we play that are certainly have the ability to beat us this year. W&M, RI, Nova and Richmond. ODU is joining this year and they are an unknown. Could be the first time that playing West Chester keeps us from the play offs. I think we are going to have a good team but going through the CAA with one or two losses is pretty difficult. West Chester is off the schedule (I believe) 2013. Nice to see them go.

bojeta
April 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Does a win against South Alabama qualify as a D-1 win in 2011?

Yes, they are an FCS Independent, but are ineligible for post season.

Silenoz
April 28th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Your quote does not even make sense. If fact who are you quoting? Since another of your Montana cohorts copied you, that must be an indication of how you talk in Montana. Care to share what you are really trying to say??

Jesus dude...

And I love how you point out that most of our tough games are at home. Hence the "we should [be] the favorite in most of our games" comment. LOL LOL etc.

Next time I'll make sure that anytime I refer to something, I'm 100% crystal-clear to avoid (easily) confusing you

blueballs
May 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Will GSU be one of the top twenty tems in the country? Absolutely and should be among the elite.

Will they make the playoffs? With the schedule they have that's a big IF for the reasons SpiritCymbal accurately illustrated. Having a d2 (f-ing stupid) and a top 5 $EC team on the schedule means that they're basically playing a 9 game schedule of which they need 7 wins to make it.

Very little margin of error...

Hambone
May 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Nope...not eligible, but we will see what happens at the end of this season to see if we are on the right track to be playoff bound in 2012.

With the crap schedule, hopefully we'll have a sense on whether we're on track to be there or not :) I really think that the Sioux have some good young talent coming through, but I"m not too sure on the coaching yet. Losing 45-0 to Idaho and having the head coach say we went toe to toe with them doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, although I know he was just trying to be positive.....

SUUTbird
May 2nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I think my Thunderbirds have one of, if not the best chance to win the Great West this year and get an at large bid into the FCS playoffs. Under HC Ed Lamb we have done nothing but get better year after year and I dont see that changing in the near future. We did lose some weapons in the WR core but we have alot of returning talent in both our star Junior QB (Brad Sorensen) and our returning defense as a whole is one of the best in the Great West. Also unlike last season (which I feel was the primary reason we didnt get into the playoffs) we have a favorable schedule in terms of opponents even with the majority of our games on the road including a potential FBS upset @ UNLV. I think we could very well do this with our schedule but it will not be a cakewalk by any means:

-@ South Dakota State: Will be a very close and tough game with our old GW opponent, however I feel that we have a chance and upset the Jacks in their new stadium but will guve them the benefit of the doubt: L
-vs. Sac State: A mid level Big Sky team comes to Cedar City and @ home we play very well, after taking the NC EWU to the wire last year can see us taking this one: W
-vs. TXSA: Unsure as to wether or not this counts as a D1 game (hope it does) either way we will be able to handle a first year team @ home: W
-@ UNLV: A winnable game for us at Las Vegas, however Hauck is the coach and now he has two years of recruiting under his belt gonna say we lose in a close one, still hope we in though!: L
-vs North Dakota: Have had the Sioux's # now for the past few seasons and dont see that changing anytime soon: W
-@ South Dakota: Finally got the monkey off our backs of getting whopped by the Coyotes, we get to go up to SD this year which has not been friendly to us, but with Sorensen at the helm think we can win: W
-@ Cal Poly: Had the Mustangs in a similar situation last year with them coming off a series of away games, we shut down the Triple Option in Cedar and can do it again: W
-@ Weber State: Finally hoping the rivalry has been re-ignited, time for the T-Birds to go up to Ogden and beat some kitties!: W
-vs. UC-Davis: Beat the Ag's soundly last year at their house, see our last home game of the year for us much the same: W
-@ UNI: Tough road game for us especially since we have to face their QB. However our defense contained both the Yotes and Poly's similar scrambling QB rather well, will be close but travel favors panthers: L
-@ NAU: Have lost to the Jacks for 3 years in a row at the last second...will not happen for a 4th year: W

OVERALL: 8-3 with an @ Large invite to the Playoffs xnodx

clawman
May 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
SUUTbird;
Correct you guys gave the Eagles all they wanted last year. Your QB is a star and I would think will be that much better this year.
Good Luck!

professor8315
May 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
SCSU will be in the playoffs. Yes we've losses on OL and the entire LB core. We will be still playing in November because we have great coaches.

kalm
May 4th, 2011, 12:10 AM
OK, I'll be realistic. We lose at Washington, split with the Montana's and lose one more either to Sac or Poly on the road. Enter the playoffs as the third team out of the Big Sky and extremely dangerous like Nova last year. Minus significant injuries that is the worst case scenario.

But we're also just a few good bounces away from 10-1 and the number one sead. This team certainly has the talent and depth on both sides of the ball to do that with an experienced o-line, the best receiver, best DT, best safety, best center, and possibly the best QB in the conference. But repeating with a target on your back won't be easy.

clenz
May 4th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Yes...simply because we are UNI and have been in the playoffs 15 of the last 25 years...much like Montana and App State I would put money every year on us being in the playoffs.

Ok, for a real reason:

UNI returns 18 starters from last years MVFC conference championship team. That team last year only had 2 returning starters, and no returning offensive lineman with more than 2 games experience, and was breaking in a new QB. This year our only lost starter is a TE on offense. UNI had one of the top offenses in the nation with no experience, this years offense could be scary good.

On defense UNI returns 8 starters including every lineman and secondary starter, the linebackers we return saw considerable PT last year as well.

UNI loses 2, at most 3 games, before choking in the playoffs.

Poly's Brutality
May 4th, 2011, 02:00 AM
OK, I'll be realistic. We lose at Washington, split with the Montana's and lose one more either to Sac or Poly on the road. Enter the playoffs as the third team out of the Big Sky and extremely dangerous like Nova last year. Minus significant injuries that is the worst case scenario.

But we're also just a few good bounces away from 10-1 and the number one sead. This team certainly has the talent and depth on both sides of the ball to do that with an experienced o-line, the best receiver, best DT, best safety, best center, and possibly the best QB in the conference. But repeating with a target on your back won't be easy.

I also seem to remember a top-notch recruited class for EW from year ago or two, Mario Brown not the only one. Andre Williams (still there I hope?) for example is a real gamer, and there were others very very good. They saw what the playoffs are like, what it takes to get there, etc.; yet, to quote Coach Wooden: "Winning takes talent; to repeat takes character." So....

ncbears
May 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
No, because we simply don't have the talent. Plus a new coaching staff that's bringing in a gimmick offense.

clawman
May 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Poly;
Good observation. These Eagles are loaded with athletes all over the place. And they are deep enough at most positions they have the luxury of putting a kid in a position of need. I like Woodens quote and think it is very appropriate for the Eagles.
But...the game on our schedule that concerns me most is the second to the last game when we travel to your place.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 4th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I also seem to remember a top-notch recruited class for EW from year ago or two, Mario Brown not the only one. Andre Williams (still there I hope?) for example is a real gamer, and there were others very very good. They saw what the playoffs are like, what it takes to get there, etc.; yet, to quote Coach Wooden: "Winning takes talent; to repeat takes character." So....

Andre Williams quit the team... I guess he expected to start right away instead of putting in the time and work and earning it. Markeem Adams never made it to EWU... academic issues I believe. Sadly, LB Devin Topps will not be playing for EWU either... he was fatally shot by a couple thugs in Seattle last fall. http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ken/news/106413603.html

Mario is going to do real well this year; he's looked phenomenal throughout the spring. There are a couple props within the class (Isaiah Jenkins - DB, Cody Hecker - RB, and Zach Chapman - DE), but the rest should be competing for backup positions or have a chance at starting. LB John Goldwire has been impressive in spring ball, and should see considerable playing time this year, which will help ease the loss of Sherritt a little. Ryan Seto, TE, played as a true freshman last year, and should be one of our top TEs this year.

One thing about our guys though, is most of them have great character. They're a really hard-working blue collar bunch, and Baldwin does a great job at keeping them focused and humble. His whole mantra throughout last year was one game at a time.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM

I'll be the cautiously optimistic one then. We goin' 11-0! xnodx

Cleets
May 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM

Good god I've been dreading this day...
I knew (we all knew) it was coming but it just felt so far off so distant - too painful to completely acknowledge

Congratulations on the National Championship
And having a stud QB
and a kick *** defense

YES your team will waltz into the playoffs

HighCountry
May 5th, 2011, 01:33 AM
APP WILL be there. The only team (other than the obivious VT) that will give us trouble is GS. Chatty will be a good game but with Presley, Quick, Cadet and a stellar defence we will cruise through the regular season and into the playoffs.

Poly's Brutality
May 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Poly;
Good observation. These Eagles are loaded with athletes all over the place. And they are deep enough at most positions they have the luxury of putting a kid in a position of need. I like Woodens quote and think it is very appropriate for the Eagles.
But...the game on our schedule that concerns me most is the second to the last game when we travel to your place.

We should be good this year, hope you guys are still screamin' then so something will be on the line. Pretty sure you will be. Am very sad about Topps, hope they caught somebody but that should not be happening anywhere. Had not heard, so that's a tough one. ..... Williams was good player, if not there I wonder whether he's coming back, or maybe transferring.... but good players there for sure so if they want that taste of number one again let's see how they can respond. Should focus on how great to "repeat!", "back-to-back!", that kind of thing. But will be tough in conference, everybody will be up for you on away games for sure. Those Montana games early might tell a lot, but schedule not bad after the 3 away to start, with good teams you have at least at home! xnodx I like the "one game at a time" thing - can't let it get away from you just because you lose a close one you should have won, or whatever; I also believe there is something to the magic there, could not have come back to win it all without the idea that it COULD happen and maybe was "destiny." Was really fun watching the team's last few games, wow.

achrist70
May 6th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Yes...simply because we are UNI and have been in the playoffs 15 of the last 25 years...much like Montana and App State I would put money every year on us being in the playoffs.

Ok, for a real reason:

UNI returns 18 starters from last years MVFC conference championship team. That team last year only had 2 returning starters, and no returning offensive lineman with more than 2 games experience, and was breaking in a new QB. This year our only lost starter is a TE on offense. UNI had one of the top offenses in the nation with no experience, this years offense could be scary good.

On defense UNI returns 8 starters including every lineman and secondary starter, the linebackers we return saw considerable PT last year as well.

UNI loses 2, at most 3 games, before choking in the playoffs.

Clenz we actually loose 1 starter on defense and 3 on offense.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 27th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Thought I'd bump this for a trip down memory lane from about this time last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 27th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Yes. We should be a better team than our Championship and playoff team of 2010. A lot of returning talent at the skill positions. Defensive front 7 have tremendous experience and the 'new' secondary is very athletic. OL undergoing some replacements, but from what I have seen in the spring they should be good enough to get the job done. Lum with a full year under his belt should improve in all facets at QB. One area with question marks is kicking as we will be breaking in a new punter, who looked good at spring game, but not game tested. Place kicking is okay from 35 yards, but no long range threat, unless the new freshman surprises. Lehigh should be the preseason favorite to repeat at Patriot League Champs and get the autobid.

As usual, Ngineer pretty much nailed it.

The kicking game/special teams still remains a huge question mark heading into this year.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Thought I'd bump this for a trip down memory lane from about this time last year.

Kalm was prophetic. Jinxing bastard. xsmhx

xlolx

Sam_Kats
April 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yes - because Alpha lets us in

ngineer
April 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yes. Lehigh three-peats to the PL crown.

darell1976
April 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Since we will finally be playoff eligible our chances doesn't look to bad to reach 7 wins. 5 home wins and 2 on the road and UND will be in. Of course easier said than done. This is going to be the most exciting year in UND football since at least 2007!!!

AmsterBison
April 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Since we will finally be playoff eligible our chances doesn't look to bad to reach 7 wins. 5 home wins and 2 on the road and UND will be in. Of course easier said than done. This is going to be the most exciting year in UND football since at least 2007!!!

Just so you know: 1) This is last year's thread. 2) 7 wins won't do it - D2 wins don't count.

darell1976
April 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Just so you know: 1) This is last year's thread. 2) 7 wins won't do it - D2 wins don't count. I am saying compared to last year we our chances are great.

AmsterBison
April 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I am saying compared to last year we our chances are great.

Yeah, you are definitely right about that. :)

That was a long five years for Bison fans. At least you guys still had hockey.

darell1976
April 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, you are definitely right about that. :)

That was a long five years for Bison fans. At least you guys still had hockey.

You guys set the bar after transition (NC in 4 seasons) now its our turn to try to get there.

Eaglesrus
April 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM
If GSU doesn't make the playoffs, I will be shocked. As much as I hate to admit it, I'd be a little disappointed as well.

Oh, come on, Mike, we know you love us.

blueballs
April 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM
From a talent standpoint GSU is getting back to where they were 10 years ago. However, talent alone doesn't win consistently. Execution does and GSU will be counting heavily on some relatively inexperienced players in key spots this coming year.

Breaking in a new QB, 3 new o-linemen, both CB's, and all the specialists is a HUGE cause for concern. I look at the team coming up this year and I see a little 2002 in them. Inexperienced but very talented. The 2002 group started 1-2 but went on to win 10 in a row from that point in dominating fashion before dropping a heartbreaker in the semis to WKU. It wouldn't surprise me to see history repeat itself.

mmiller_34
April 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hmm, didn't realize this thread was started last year.

For what its worth, here is what I see happening in 2012:

2012 South Dakota State Schedule:

L @ Kansas
W @ Southeastern Louisiana
W UC Davis [Cereal Bowl]
W @ Indiana State *
W Missouri State [Beef Bowl] *
W Western Illinois [Hall of Fame Game] *
L @ Northern Iowa *
W Youngstown State [Hobo Day] *
W @ Southern Illinois *
L @ North Dakota State *
W South Dakota *

8-3, A nice little rebound from last season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hmm, didn't realize this thread was started last year.

For what its worth, here is what I see happening in 2012:

2012 South Dakota State Schedule:

L @ Kansas
W @ Southeastern Louisiana
W UC Davis [Cereal Bowl]
W @ Indiana State *
W Missouri State [Beef Bowl] *
W Western Illinois [Hall of Fame Game] *
L @ Northern Iowa *
W Youngstown State [Hobo Day] *
W @ Southern Illinois *
L @ North Dakota State *
W South Dakota *

8-3, A nice little rebound from last season.

If SDSU gets its defense in order than this definitely could happen. Sumner is good but needs a consistent running game also. SDSU will definitely be improved in '12.

katstrapper
April 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Even though a tough schedule this year, I see the Kats chasing a playoff seed again. 19 of 22 starters return from a 14-1 National Finalist. Second best defense in the FCS will be even stronger this year and its hard to imagine that they could get any better. With the addition of more of an aerial attack to go along with the running game, the offense could put up some crazy numbers this year.

seantaylor
April 29th, 2012, 01:06 AM
From a talent standpoint GSU is getting back to where they were 10 years ago. However, talent alone doesn't win consistently. Execution does and GSU will be counting heavily on some relatively inexperienced players in key spots this coming year.

Breaking in a new QB, 3 new o-linemen, both CB's, and all the specialists is a HUGE cause for concern. I look at the team coming up this year and I see a little 2002 in them. Inexperienced but very talented. The 2002 group started 1-2 but went on to win 10 in a row from that point in dominating fashion before dropping a heartbreaker in the semis to WKU. It wouldn't surprise me to see history repeat itself.

Why do people keep saying 3 new Olineman? Mann lost his job halfway through the year to a freshman and he thoroughly outplayed him.

MSUDuo
April 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hell yeah we do!

Why?

Because it's been 21 years and we're due!

blueballs
April 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Even though a tough schedule this year, I see the Kats chasing a playoff seed again. 19 of 22 starters return from a 14-1 National Finalist. Second best defense in the FCS will be even stronger this year and its hard to imagine that they could get any better. With the addition of more of an aerial attack to go along with the running game, the offense could put up some crazy numbers this year.

IMO the only thing that could slow down SHSU is injuries, which nobody can really control. IMO they should be ranked #1 heading into 2012.

blueballs
April 29th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Why do people keep saying 3 new Olineman? Mann lost his job halfway through the year to a freshman and he thoroughly outplayed him.

Because to be an effective option offense you need to rotate linemen because of the downfield blocking aspect of the offense and the number of plays ran if it is clicking. GSU has to replace 3 senior o-linemen who all played key roles on back to back semi-final teams, one of whom was an all american and one of whom was all conference. That won't be easy, it never is.

FWIW that is only about #4 on areas of concern IMO, after QB, secondary, and specialists.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hell yeah we do!

Why?

Wow!! xnodxxnodx

Road games at Kansas State, Louisville, SDSU, Ind State, Ill State and UNI. NDSU and SIU at home.

Playoffs?

Highly unlikely!!

katstrapper
April 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
IMO the only thing that could slow down SHSU is injuries, which nobody can really control. IMO they should be ranked #1 heading into 2012.

Yep, injuries will be key. The Kats were VERY fortunate last year to not lose anyone to major injury last year. I think that the BIGGEST reason why they ended up where they were. Of course it didnt hurt that everyone returned last year. Coach Fritz limited some players in the Spring Game . Flanders was one of those that saw limited action.

Seawolf97
April 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I say StonyBrook has another good shot at winning the Big South and advancing in the playoffs. We bring a playtoff veteran team back along with some outstanding new faces like Adrian Coxson WR, Marcus Coker RB and Leston Simpson DE all FBS transfers.

DJnva
April 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Yes because I believe 4 CAA teams will make the playoffs (again). IMO, UD, UNH, and W&M will compete for the CAA title.

EDIT: Oh man, didn't have any idea this was a bumped thread.

seantaylor
April 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Because to be an effective option offense you need to rotate linemen because of the downfield blocking aspect of the offense and the number of plays ran if it is clicking. GSU has to replace 3 senior o-linemen who all played key roles on back to back semi-final teams, one of whom was an all american and one of whom was all conference. That won't be easy, it never is.

FWIW that is only about #4 on areas of concern IMO, after QB, secondary, and specialists.

I understand that. But why would anyone think our O line would be weaker? Just about everyone that will play this season will have both been recruited for the option and have a red shirt year. We were also missing Byrd, our second best Olineman regardless of the hype Moore received, for the last 5 games last year. the secondary is my only concern going into this season.

coover
April 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Playoffs 2012? Yes, sir. Cal Poly will have a very good team and the weakest league schedule in the Big Sky. We do not have to play any teams frfom the state of Montana. The best two teams in the league are from Montana. Poly will probably go 7-1 in league and that will get them there. Oh yes, they also have games with Wyoming, San Diego and a non-conference with a conference foe, Eastern Washington. They'll end up 9-2 or 8-3, all DI games.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I understand that. But why would anyone think our O line would be weaker? Just about everyone that will play this season will have both been recruited for the option and have a red shirt year. We were also missing Byrd, our second best Olineman regardless of the hype Moore received, for the last 5 games last year. the secondary is my only concern going into this season.

The secondary is my biggest concern also, but the kicking game is right up there as well. Don't see how it could not be, having lost the starter at every position.

MSUDuo
April 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Wow!! xnodxxnodx

Road games at Kansas State, Louisville, SDSU, Ind State, Ill State and UNI. NDSU and SIU at home.

Playoffs?

Highly unlikely!!

You're one smart cookie!

clenz
April 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hell yeah we do!

Why?

I'll try real hard to refrain from comment on the bears this year. I'm right every single year, and you tell me I'm wrong every single year....I don't want to go through that anymore.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
You're one smart cookie!

Is this Allen's last year?

UNI Pike
April 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Over/under should be 3.5 wins. He should be released; that said, I don't know if it will change anything

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 30th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Over/under should be 3.5 wins. He should be released; that said, I don't know if it will change anything

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You would think Missouri State could be one of the best programs in FCS..could be. Springfield is in a great area with St. Louis and Kansas City real close for recruiting. 3-4 wins...could be tough to come by this year.

clenz
April 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
You would think Missouri State could be one of the best programs in FCS..could be. Springfield is in a great area with St. Louis and Kansas City real close for recruiting. 3-4 wins...could be tough to come by this year.

MSU has never been good...which is odd given what they have to work this,

Only 8 titles of any kind in their program history

1928 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1940 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1948 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1951 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1963 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1966 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1978 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1989 Gateway Football Conference Champions

46 seasons .500 or worse in program history....only 39 winning seasons....only 2 10 win or more seasons...1940 and 1989.

under .500 all time as a program.

2 playoff appearances since 1985....1989 and 1990

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM
MSU has never been good...which is odd given what they have to work this,

Only 8 titles of any kind in their program history

1928 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1940 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1948 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1951 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Co-Champions
1963 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1966 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1978 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
1989 Gateway Football Conference Champions

46 seasons .500 or worse in program history....only 39 winning seasons....only 2 10 win or more seasons...1940 and 1989.

under .500 all time as a program.

2 playoff appearances since 1985....1989 and 1990

Interesting......they have a large student body, you would think they could get more alum support. Actually their offense might be decent this year. They ran a few trick plays on the Bison and scored 21 points. Their defense is another story....

clenz
April 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM
They have everything you'd need for an overall greath athletic department....for some reason the only sports they've sustained success are womens

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BisonFan02
April 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
They have everything you'd need for an overall greath athletic department....for some reason the only sports they've sustained success are womens

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I think if they were some how able to string a few good years together in football, that could snowball in recruiting and turn the program around. I don't necessarily see that happening, but the potential is there to support it.

MSUDuo
May 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
I'll try real hard to refrain from comment on the bears this year. I'm right every single year, and you tell me I'm wrong every single year....I don't want to go through that anymore.

Right

MSUDuo
May 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM

Sadly, no.

He can't get out of here soon enough but they won't buy him out