http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2011/4/18/FB_0418110329.aspx

Redbirdz
April 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Sun Belt, WAC or a new conference?

JSU02
April 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Sun Belt, WAC or a new conference?

Thats a good question.

"THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that it is the intent of the Jacksonville State University Board of Trustees to explore all opportunities to move the Gamecock Football Program to the Football Bowl Subdivision level."

Could the presentation the baseball and softball coaches discussed in the executive session with the trustees be about forming a new conference?

Cocky
April 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM
There will be opportunities for school wanted to move to FBS. Dont be surprised if CUSA is an option.

JSU02
April 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
There will be opportunities for school wanted to move to FBS. Dont be surprised if CUSA is an option.
I hope you are right.

Sly Fox
April 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Not sure I share your enthusiasm for opportunities ... especially the C-USA. But I certainly hope a viable option appears.

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Is Jacksonville State's facilities and support up to par with Troy, let alone any other Sun Belt institutions? Hope the fans come out of the woodworks with their checks and butts to fill seats...

Though - a league like the WAC may be desperate enough to add Jax State for football-only - which does not help them.

Redbirdz
April 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Football definitely is. Troy is building a new basketball arena and Jacksonville will have to do so too or do a major upgrade on its existing arena. Currently they both are under par.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Football definitely is. Troy is building a new basketball arena and Jacksonville will have to do so too or do a major upgrade on its existing arena. Currently they both are under par.

What about baseball? That'd be a big deal for the Sun Belt, which actually has good baseball...

And what was the avg attendance for Jax Staet football?

Cocky
April 20th, 2011, 06:41 AM
We avg around 17,000 last year.

Baseball field is nice but stadium is lacking. The baseball team would be near the top of the SB every year.

Cocky
April 20th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Not sure I share your enthusiasm for opportunities ... especially the C-USA. But I certainly hope a viable option appears.

Few BOT members anywhere that would go on record without any options. Ive read people say the same about App State but they will have opportunities too.