PDA

View Full Version : Smart regional scheduling by UNH

Brad82
April 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2011/04/unh_will_renew_rivalry_with_da.html#more

Dartmouth,HC,Lehigh and URI-on board.
Rhody will give them a game,the other three will be mercy rule outcomes.
Save $$ on airfare and hotels,use for recruiting and facilities.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2011/04/unh_will_renew_rivalry_with_da.html#more

Dartmouth,HC,Lehigh and URI-on board.

From your lips to Lehigh's bulletin board xlolx

Brad82
April 13th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Lehigh Nation-program is better than most,but what is their record vs. CAA in last 10 games?

bluehenbillk
April 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
That UNH-Lehigh game the second week of the season will dictate if the rest of the country can just ignore the Patsy again this year. Win or make it really competitive & maybe the PL is relevant.

Franks Tanks
April 13th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Not very many teams beat UNH period. It pains me to say, but Lehigh had a quality team last year and won a 1st round playoff game against "mighty" UNI.

Lehigh may not win, but to say it will be a mercy rule game is just stupid.

bluehenbillk
April 13th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Agreed that Lehigh had a good team last year, I was impressed by their passing game. The only thing I was saying is the PL has really nose-dived in the past couple seasons, probably being matched at the same level now as the NEC, or close to it. The PL has had some good teams in years past, but again it's been since the early 00's. I'd think Lehigh would be one of, if not the PL preseason favorite & they have a chance to make some noise at home Sept 10 against UNH. Lehigh played 3 CAA teams last year (UNH, VU, UD), all 3 were playoff teams and all 3 weren't close. Honestly, there may not be a powerhouse in the CAA this year so LU can grab some regional & national respect back fro the PL by beating or playing close vs UNH.

Brad82
April 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I apologize,their record is not that bad against CAA (checked).
Anything less than 2 td difference will be good job against UNH.

WrenFGun
April 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I would be very surprised, personally, if the Lehigh game isn't close ... they beat UNI, hung a bit with UD and hung in the first half with UNH on what I believe was their home opener coming off an 0-2 start?

I don't think UNH has an easy game on the schedule this year (CAA + Holy Cross, Lehigh and Toledo)..FAR better than a DII, though, so no arguments from me.

RichH2
April 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
No question that Lehigh was able to hang with CAA teams last year for a while, but the outcome was the same a series of routs. Not quite as athletic , or deep , or fast or big.

I think we will be improved overall this coming season. Secondary and OL developement will tell the tale. We may not yet be quite ready to consistently beat CAA top teams but we will score lots of points this coming season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Dartmouth,HC, Lehigh and URI-on board.

The UNH announcement is about an upcoming series with Colgate not Lehigh. And aren't you a Rhody/Bryant fan? In 2013 URI will be at 40 scholarships, why do you think they'll be significantly more competitive than Colgate, Holy Cross and Dartmouth?

Wildcat80
April 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I too expect a slugfest with lehigh! Should be fun!

Go...gate
April 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Regional scheduling not just going on at FCS level - I saw this afternoon that FBS Notre Dame and Northwestern are renewing their local "Chicagoland" rivalry. Economics will dictate this kind of scheduling more and more.

Wildcat80
April 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
BEST move was Colonial Clash at Gillette!!!! Hope this continues every year!!!