PDA

View Full Version : Latest MEAC Commish Remarks: Expansion, Playoffs

TexasTerror
March 5th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Not too much said here, but read the second question about going "straight Division I". Does such a thing exist? Thought it was Div I-A and I-AA in football :eyebrow:

Q: Do do you expect to add new members to the conference?

A: I'm not able to comment on that. We have not made a decision yet. Winston Salem has applied. So has Savannah State University, and N.C. Central has expressed written interest.

Q: There is talk about the MEAC leaving Division I-AA football and going straight Division I. Can you comment on that?

A: That's not true. That originated from comments made for a Q&A I had with a local newspaper here [in Virginia]. What I indicated is we are investigating all of our options, and if there was enough financial resources on the table, then we would have to consider it.

http://www.newsobserver.com/122/story/414364.html

Ronbo
March 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
they're talking I-A.

March 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I hope to have Commish Thomas on I-AA WAVES this week.

Sly Fox
March 5th, 2006, 05:50 PM
That should generate some traffic, Ralph.

TexasTerror
March 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I hope to have Commish Thomas on I-AA WAVES this week.

Ralph landing one big-time interview after another...keep it up, Ralph!

You should try to get the Commish of the SLC in to talk about the addition of UCA and the recent success of the SLC in the I-AA playoffs (atleast, getting to the semifinals!)...

GeauxLions94
March 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ralph landing one big-time interview after another...keep it up, Ralph!

You should try to get the Commish of the SLC in to talk about the addition of UCA and the recent success of the SLC in the I-AA playoffs (atleast, getting to the semifinals!)...

While also grilling him (though it's up to the schools) on when can we see Lamar, UTSA, UTA get programs :twocents:

And also, how close is Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to 10,000 students? Didn't they say they would address football when they reached that figure :rolleyes:

TexasTerror
March 6th, 2006, 09:30 PM
While also grilling him (though it's up to the schools) on when can we see Lamar, UTSA, UTA get programs :twocents:

And also, how close is Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to 10,000 students? Didn't they say they would address football when they reached that figure :rolleyes:

UTSA is doing another study...

Lamar is having a subpar run in basketball. If basketball was consistent, than they could do football. They got to put that $$$ into basketball, right?

UTA, been there, done that. Long shot...

A&M-CC is more likely, but we'll wait and see with them. New AD means "new direction", possibly. Viola stepped down after doing the #1 job of getting conference affiliation...