PDA

View Full Version : CCU Adds Clemson in 2014

TexasTerror
March 4th, 2006, 06:57 AM
This game is nearly nine years away. Shouldn't CCU make more in this game if it's that far down the road? That'll probably be pennies compared to what payouts are going to be, regardless of how close CCU is to Clemson...
------
CCU football has Clemson on tap in '14

Mark your calendars, Coastal Carolina Uni-versity football fans, if you can find one thick enough.

The Chanticleers are scheduled to play Clemson at Death Valley on Sept. 6, 2014. Yes, that's 2014, as in eight years, six months and two days from now.

CCU football coach David Bennett, who served as a graduate assistant at Clemson in 1986, received the contract in the mail Thursday and couldn't wait to sign it and mail it back.

"It's huge for our program," said Bennett, who estimated the Division I-AA Chants would earn $275,000 for facing the Division I-A Tigers. "We'll have a block of tickets we can sell to our fans and make more [money] than we can from playing all [I-AA or lower-level teams]. Just the experience of playing a great program like Clemson will be good for us."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/14016117.htm

Coastal89
March 4th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Coastal's Alumni Association held a 'Meet the Coaches" event last week where they said they are negotiating with Penn St. for '08 and NC State for '09 games. No mention of what those payouts would be though.

catamount man
March 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I'll give CCU credit, they are adopting an anybody and anywhere mentality. Honestly, I see them going I-A someday, unless we all wind back up in one division. Good going chants, but the tigers will roll. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TexasTerror
March 4th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I think the first priority for CCU is to do something about getting an auto-bid for the playoffs whether it's switching conferences or getting some more teams into the Big South...

CCU has all the potential to be a power year-in and year-out if they play their cards right. Even from down here in Louisiana, I've been following CCU and see what potential they have in the future...

rokamortis
March 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

It is tough for us as we have it opposite of everyone else. Our biggest games are at the beginning of the season and we still have to win 9+ games to even be considered. Hopefully the Big South as a whole will step up and improve the overall strength of the conference.

Ronbo
March 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM
The Mayan calander ends in 2012 so there is a chance this game will never be played.:smiley_wi

rokamortis
March 4th, 2006, 10:39 AM
damn mayans.

MarkCCU
March 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
WOW! Clemson.. I am as impressed with our past progress and the upbeat, positive energy and thoughts about our present potential as y'all are. I cannot wait 9 years for this game.lol

bosshogg
March 5th, 2006, 08:29 AM
god luck in this game coastal!!

The Gadfly
March 5th, 2006, 08:41 AM
:nod: And good luck to you guys against those Cocks. :nod:

SoCon48
March 5th, 2006, 01:00 PM
:nod: And good luck to you guys against those Cocks. :nod:

Libertarian? You mean the POP? (Party of Pot?)

grizband
March 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM
WOW! Clemson.. I am as impressed with our past progress and the upbeat, positive energy and thoughts about our present potential as y'all are. I cannot wait 9 years for this game.lol
You won't have to...cuz it's in 8:smiley_wi

March 5th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys...The football team members cutting practice to go to the basketball game is a bigger story. xlolx

MarkCCU
March 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
8 years...let me rethink my math
2014-2006 carry the 1 equals 8.....what ya know MY BAD thankslol

rokamortis
March 6th, 2006, 03:00 AM
The football team members cutting practice to go to the basketball game is a bigger story. xlolx

Playing Clemson is definitely the bigger story. The only problem is that it is nearly a decade away.

It was cool of Bennett to let the guys go though - he's a team player!

March 6th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Playing Clemson is definitely the bigger story. The only problem is that it is nearly a decade away.
It was cool of Bennett to let the guys go though - he's a team player!I should have said BETTER story. :) Playing a I-A :boring: xlolx

MarkCCU
March 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Libertarian? You mean the POP? (Party of Pot?)

POP more accuratly describes the Green Party. Libertarian would be more like, As long as it doesn't hurt me, do what you want