PDA

View Full Version : Southern University fires LaFleur

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Southern University fires LaFleur

By SHELDON MICKLES
Advocate sportswriter
Published: Apr 6, 2011 - UPDATED: 9:10 p.m.
Comments (0) Southern University Athletic Director Greg LaFleur was fired Wednesday following his arrest Sunday night on a misdemeanor prostitution count in downtown Houston.

SU Chancellor Kofi Lomotey announced LaFleur’s dismissal in a university news release Wednesday night, a little more than 72 hours after the 52-year-old LaFleur was arrested during a reverse prostitution sting.

Lomotey said in the email he will recommend to the university’s Board of Supervisors that Southern women’s basketball coach Sandy Pugh become the interim athletic director.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/Southern-University-fires-LaFleur.html

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 6th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Lafleur will go down as the worst AD in the history of SU. None of our fans liked him and he has done alot of stuff that alienated alot of folks. Me and the rest of the Jaguar Nation are so glad he is gone. Folks were literally celebrating when word of this situation hit the wire.

eaglewraith
April 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Lafleur will go down as the worst AD in the history of SU. None of our fans liked him and he has done alot of stuff that alienated alot of folks. Me and the rest of the Jaguar Nation are so glad he is gone. Folks were literally celebrating when word of this situation hit the wire.

So Georgia Southern should take notes here...."How to Quickly Get Rid of an Athletic Director"

GAD
April 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM

I hate to see anyone lose there job but he just did not do the job, I wish we could get F. Kerr back