PDA

View Full Version : Asking Georgia Southern fans...

TTUEagles
April 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Looking for opinions on Adam Urbano...I just read where he transferred to Tennessee Tech from Georgia Southern and is eligible this fall after sitting out in 2010...Only real losses on TTU's 2010 team were at DT and 1 starting RB. Thanks in advance!

http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story/12591168/article-TTU-FOOTBALL--Urbano-glad-to-be-back-on-the-field?instance=main_article

GaSouthern
April 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Awesome running back, keep him away from your g/f :D

I'm really sad we lost him, he would have put up big numbers last year.

Eaglesrus
April 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
I remember him as being a really hard-nosed sort of RB and was sorry to see him go; hope he does well for y'all (and himself).

TTUEagles
April 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not trying to be "gossip-y," but, what was the reason for the t-fer, I wonder? I imagine "we" recruited him out of high school, too. Send me a personal message if it's too personal for the young man... Thanks for the replies! I hope he'll fit in well. The only "problem" TECH will have is how to share the ball, several good RB's, combo RB/WR's and WR's....

cmaxwellgsu
April 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm not trying to be "gossip-y," but, what was the reason for the t-fer, I wonder? I imagine "we" recruited him out of high school, too. Send me a personal message if it's too personal for the young man... Thanks for the replies! I hope he'll fit in well. The only "problem" TECH will have is how to share the ball, several good RB's, combo RB/WR's and WR's....

He was a Hatcher recruit, so he either was upset over the firing or the scheme change. He ran a lot of draws, and caught a lot of swing passes. The only real knock you'll get on him from us is that he announced his leaving before the new staff even held spring practice. He's a good kid from what I remember, and he is definitely a good pickup.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM

Far as I know there weren't any academic or disciplinary problems. I think he just didn't want to play in Jeff Monken's system.

He was practically the only weapon we had in '09 and he did a good job of running despite our OL doing a terrible job of run-blocking. A lot of GSU fans hated to see him go because we thought he'd be the starting fullback for sure. I think he'll be an asset to your team.

The Eagle's Cliff
April 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Far as I know there weren't any academic or disciplinary problems. I think he just didn't want to play in Jeff Monken's system.

He was practically the only weapon we had in '09 and he did a good job of running despite our OL doing a terrible job of run-blocking. A lot of GSU fans hated to see him go because we thought he'd be the starting fullback for sure. I think he'll be an asset to your team.

Ditto. Adam runs hard and plays hard. I also "heard" he was just upset with the circumstances of Hatcher's firing (many of us were/are). Hope he does well.

eagleruckus
April 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
he also had a disagreement with the best player on the gsu team over a girl, he is a decent runner though

seantaylor
April 3rd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Great player. Why he had loyalty to a bum coach like Chris Hatcher is beyond me. He would be an excellent aback if he was still with us and have a chance at a championship.

GATA
April 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Great player. Why he had loyalty to a bum coach like Chris Hatcher is beyond me. He would be an excellent aback if he was still with us and have a chance at a championship.

Are you assuming he left because of loyalty to Hatcher? I doubt it....probably just had no desire to play for Monken in our system. I heard urbano was gonna start the spring down on the depth chart anyway. Why not just transfer and get a fresh start somewhere else?

I thought so too. I think his still set would have made him a solid A-back. Probably would have started alongside JJ Wilcox as Darreion Robinson was coming along.

Don't know why people thought Urbano would have played Fullback for us. the kid isn't that big and he's not a great inside runner.

My take on Urbano: Good hands, good (not great) speed, tough kid.

I'm sure he'll be able to contribute this year.

seantaylor
April 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Are you assuming he left because of loyalty to Hatcher? I doubt it....probably just had no desire to play for Monken in our system. I heard urbano was gonna start the spring down on the depth chart anyway. Why not just transfer and get a fresh start somewhere else?

I thought so too. I think his still set would have made him a solid A-back. Probably would have started alongside JJ Wilcox as Darreion Robinson was coming along.

Don't know why people thought Urbano would have played Fullback for us. the kid isn't that big and he's not a great inside runner.

My take on Urbano: Good hands, good (not great) speed, tough kid.

I'm sure he'll be able to contribute this year.

Lee Banks as a smaller, less talented player put up over a 100 yards in a game for us at bback. He absolutely could have played that position. And he never fumbled. He's faster than Brown, not as big, but runs just as hard if not harder. Perfect scenario was to red shirt Brown last year.

ThompsonThe
April 5th, 2011, 04:00 AM

I always thought Chris Hatcher was one of your best coaches ever. Never saw a guy tell it like it is as well as Hatcher. Believe he would have added a lot to GaSo if he was there a few more years. I know the fans are happy about the result last year, but believe Hatcher would have really been a good coach in the long term.

PaladinFan
April 5th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I always thought Chris Hatcher was one of your best coaches ever. Never saw a guy tell it like it is as well as Hatcher. Believe he would have added a lot to GaSo if he was there a few more years. I know the fans are happy about the result last year, but believe Hatcher would have really been a good coach in the long term.

He is a good coach. Some guys, for whatever reason, just don't mesh.

straightshooter
April 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Hatcher was a really good coach. Certain posters here, one in particular who is banned from the GSU site, have a bone to pick with him for some reason. Hatcher has been successful everwhere he's been, and would have been successful at GSU given the chance.

PaladinFan
April 5th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hatcher was a really good coach. Certain posters here, one in particular who is banned from the GSU site, have a bone to pick with him for some reason. Hatcher has been successful everwhere he's been, and would have been successful at GSU given the chance.

GSU fans are not known for the patience with coaches.

SouthernMan
April 6th, 2011, 08:06 AM
And he never fumbled.

Guess you missed the UNC game two years ago when the ball got "took" from Urbano.....afraid that was a fumble.

Tough nose kid. Wish he would have stayed and contributed, but some off the field deals (nothing major, usual college crap) caused some rifts with team mates. Instead of staying and being a problem, the young man left. It had nothing to do with scheme.

TTUEagles
April 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Well, he's entering a crowded backfield...but, too many good RB's/Skill players is a good problem to have...I'm looking forward to seeing him play!

GSU Eagle
April 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Chris Hatcher was a class individual, but let's not forget he was 7-4, 6-5 and 5-6 in his 3 years in Statesboro. Could year 4 have been a move in the right direction? Possibly, but clearly in his 3 years the record was going in the wrong direction.

We moved back to GSU football with the option, and I am glad we did.

Bojangles
April 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM
He was our best player in '09 IMO

seantaylor
April 6th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Chris Hatcher was a class individual, but let's not forget he was 7-4, 6-5 and 5-6 in his 3 years in Statesboro. Could year 4 have been a move in the right direction? Possibly, but clearly in his 3 years the record was going in the wrong direction.

We moved back to GSU football with the option, and I am glad we did.

If Hatcher stayed we would have won 4 games max last year. Team got worse as Sewak's players filtered out and Hatcher's players filtered in. Not to mention the type of recruits he was bringing in had no chance of ever staying in school, thus massive attrition. Every single one of Monken's recruits from last year is still in school.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM

I was and still am a big fan of Coach Hatcher. Jayson Foster or not, no one can really look at what he was able to do in 2007 and say the man couldn't coach. The '07 win over App. is arguably our best regular-season win ever and Sewak and VanGooberhead would've never won that game with the personnel we had that year. Like Sewak though, he had a few fatal flaws that sunk him. His inability to retain players had us scrambling to get huge recruiting classes and playing with ridiculously young teams in '08 and '09. Also, his strength and conditioning program was dismal and for some reason he either couldn't see it or he could and didn't do anything about it. If he has resolved these two problems at Murray State then they will have as much success as they have had in a while.

seantaylor
April 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Not to mention Hatcher hired his entire family to coach. 4th cousins and all.

GaSouthern
April 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM
he also had a disagreement with the best player on the gsu team over a girl, he is a decent runner though

This is the only reason he left GSU. He was really excited to play for Monken. Good grades and kept his nose clean. Good pickup for TTU

GATA
April 7th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Lee Banks as a smaller, less talented player put up over a 100 yards in a game for us at bback. He absolutely could have played that position. And he never fumbled. He's faster than Brown, not as big, but runs just as hard if not harder. Perfect scenario was to red shirt Brown last year.

I remember some pretty horrendous fumbles against UNC and Chattanooga. Not as bad as Robert Brown though...but I don't think anybody's as bad a fumbler as Robert Brown.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Urbano's talent was MUCH overhyped. In 2006 he would have been 3rd string behind Lamar Lewis and Chris Covington...and those two weren't even that great. As a tailback he was "meh"...as a WR/RB hybrid or an A-back he had alot of potential. There is a reason that Samir Baker and Darrell Norman were playing the main running back spot ahead of Urbano in 2008. He was playing that "H" WR/RB position along with Leander Barney (another guy who was all hype). He was our main ball-carrier in 2009 because we were a terrible team and he's the best we had.

Baldy
April 8th, 2011, 05:32 AM
If Hatcher stayed we would have won 4 games max last year. Team got worse as Sewak's players filtered out and Hatcher's players filtered in. Not to mention the type of recruits he was bringing in had no chance of ever staying in school, thus massive attrition. Every single one of Monken's recruits from last year is still in school.
Thanks for clearing things up. I had no idea Russell, Tinsley, Wilcox, Darrieon Robinson, Eubanks, Rowe, etc, etc, etc. weren't Hatcher recruits, and Darries Robinson, Martez Eastland, and Aaron Fisher were not Monken recruits. xbangx

Please do us all a favor, find another team to cheer for, you're an embarrassment. xoopsx

seantaylor
April 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks for clearing things up. I had no idea Russell, Tinsley, Wilcox, Darrieon Robinson, Eubanks, Rowe, etc, etc, etc. weren't Hatcher recruits, and Darries Robinson, Martez Eastland, and Aaron Fisher were not Monken recruits. xbangx

Please do us all a favor, find another team to cheer for, you're an embarrassment. xoopsx

Coming from you, that is hilarious. Eastland is not off the team. Fisher quit of his own accord, and just happened yesterday. Good job, Sherlock.

Baldy
April 9th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Coming from you, that is hilarious. Eastland is not off the team. Fisher quit of his own accord, and just happened yesterday. Good job, Sherlock.

Eastland is suspended indefinitely...he won't be on the roster this fall and you can pretty much take that to the bank. It doesn't matter why or when Fisher quit or why or when Darries Robinson left the team, the point is they were Monken recruits who are no longer on the team. Besides, those are only 3 from off the top of my head, there are more. xnodx

tigonian02
April 10th, 2011, 04:15 AM
He left because UNC player Quan Sturdivant stripped him in 09 :). I kid. That's not the real reason he left.....he did get overpowered though on that play. It was nasty and embarrassing back then, but now looking back, it was kinda funny. Urbano was a good fairly fast back! He just needed to work on holding on to the ball a little better. Wouldn't have been a good B-back for us....too small. An A-back....maybe.....Either way, im glad he's still playing. Best of luck to you guys.

TN TECH
April 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Went to the scrimmage yesterday in Cookeville. Urbano went through pre-game stuff but didn't participate in the scrimmage. Heard he was a little banged up, but word is he is having a good spring and is fitting in well with TTU's offense. Looks like he will probably split time at one of the RB positions.

SouthernMan
April 11th, 2011, 08:10 AM
...he won't be on the roster this fall and you can pretty much take that to the bank.

Not taking sides, but I do not think this is true yet. As of last week, his status was "still on the table". I think the staff is waiting for more info of what happened and whether or not the young man wants to prove himself. At some point he must realize that he can:

A - straighten up, be a member of a team, stay in school, play ball, get a degree and a chance at a better job

B - keep being a thug, lose scholarship, quit school, go home, work at Timesaver or whatever spot that does not mandate drug test.

blueballs
April 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Urbano was a good player on what for GSU was substandard teams but he is undersized for the style of runner he is and therefore injury prone.

As long as he stays healthy and holds onto the ball (the two big knocks against him) he should do fine at TTU.

ElonPride
April 14th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Urbano was a good player on what for GSU was substandard teams but he is undersized for the style of runner he is and therefore injury prone.

As long as he stays healthy and holds onto the ball (the two big knocks against him) he should do fine at TTU.

Best user name on the board there man!!!! xthumbsupx

TTUEagles
April 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM
From ttusports.com regarding Tennessee Tech's Spring "game." I thought some Georgia Southern fans might find this remotely interesting:
"The ground game generated 328 yards in 42 attempts, reaching the end zone three times including twice by newcomer Adam Urbano.

Zack Ziegler was the top ground gainer with 61 yards in just three tries. Dontey Gay had six rushed for 58 yards and Urbano finished with 56 yards and two scores in six tries. Tilghman was next with 40 yards in five carries, while Cody Forbes added 31 yards on four totes, including a touchdown."

The Eagle's Cliff
April 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
From ttusports.com regarding Tennessee Tech's Spring "game." I thought some Georgia Southern fans might find this remotely interesting:
"The ground game generated 328 yards in 42 attempts, reaching the end zone three times including twice by newcomer Adam Urbano.

Zack Ziegler was the top ground gainer with 61 yards in just three tries. Dontey Gay had six rushed for 58 yards and Urbano finished with 56 yards and two scores in six tries. Tilghman was next with 40 yards in five carries, while Cody Forbes added 31 yards on four totes, including a touchdown."

Good for Adam and TTU. Hope the success continues in the fall.

seantaylor
April 17th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Urbano is a player. Coached by a total rube, but he would thrive in our system now. Shame he didn't want to put in the work.

eaglewraith
April 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Zack Ziegler....that's a name just full of win.

TTUEagles
April 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Zack Ziegler....that's a name just full of win.

His Dad was a captain for Tennessee's '85 Sugar Bowl-winning team...

TN TECH
April 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
From watching the last scrimmage Urbano, Ziegler, and Gay will be solid players in this offense along with Benford. A nice group of offensive skill players. Sorry things didn't work out at GSU, but we are glad to have Urbano with us.

ThompsonThe
April 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Ditto. Adam runs hard and plays hard. I also "heard" he was just upset with the circumstances of Hatcher's firing (many of us were/are). Hope he does well.

Wasn't Hatcher fired for his comments? Always thought Hatcher was someone you could be proud of. Seemed to always speak his mind, whether you agreed with it or not.

Baldy
April 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Wasn't Hatcher fired for his comments? Always thought Hatcher was someone you could be proud of. Seemed to always speak his mind, whether you agreed with it or not.
Yes. He made a comment at a luncheon or a banquet and it hit the press. Grube's feelings were hurt and on his way out of town stuck a dagger in Hatcher's back. I'm glad to have the option back, but the way his firing was handled is still embarrassing.

bjtheflamesfan
April 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Alright you two...you can disagree without being disagreeable...tone it down

seantaylor
April 24th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Ether. Baldy will try to figure what that means, but the guy only sees hate, so we will see.

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 24th, 2011, 05:19 PM
He left because UNC player Quan Sturdivant stripped him in 09 :). I kid. That's not the real reason he left.....he did get overpowered though on that play. It was nasty and embarrassing back then, but now looking back, it was kinda funny. Urbano was a good fairly fast back! He just needed to work on holding on to the ball a little better. Wouldn't have been a good B-back for us....too small. An A-back....maybe.....Either way, im glad he's still playing. Best of luck to you guys.

He had the ball stripped from him because the UNC defenders knew exactly what was coming. That's what can happen when your only plays are RB dives and bubble and swing passes.

GATA
April 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
He had the ball stripped from him because the UNC defenders knew exactly what was coming. That's what can happen when your only plays are RB dives and bubble and swing passes.

What!? He had the ball stripped from him because the other team knew what was coming?...How does that even make sense? How are you more likely to strip the ball if you know a running play is coming? I'm not seeing the logical connection here...guys go for the strip on running and passing plays ALL THE TIME. It's not like you need to try to guess if a running play is coming to pull it loose. Urbano just didn't hold onto the damn ball.

Plus, Urbano was in the middle of a 12-15 yard run when he got stripped...They must have been caught on their heels at least a little bit.

Now when they picked off that WR screen...THAT'S because they saw it coming. I remember skins called it right before they did it. Then again, Skins had been calling for a WR screen to be picked off for the entire three years Hatcher was at GSU. It took 2 years and about 5 games for somebody to finally grab one. In comparison...Robert Brown fumbles the ball about every 10 times he touches it...yet nobody is calling for us to stop running the fullback dive.

seantaylor
April 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
What!? He had the ball stripped from him because the other team knew what was coming?...How does that even make sense? How are you more likely to strip the ball if you know a running play is coming? I'm not seeing the logical connection here...guys go for the strip on running and passing plays ALL THE TIME. It's not like you need to try to guess if a running play is coming to pull it loose. Urbano just didn't hold onto the damn ball.

Plus, Urbano was in the middle of a 12-15 yard run when he got stripped...They must have been caught on their heels at least a little bit.

Now when they picked off that WR screen...THAT'S because they saw it coming. I remember skins called it right before they did it. Then again, Skins had been calling for a WR screen to be picked off for the entire three years Hatcher was at GSU. It took 2 years and about 5 games for somebody to finally grab one. In comparison...Robert Brown fumbles the ball about every 10 times he touches it...yet nobody is calling for us to stop running the fullback dive.

Might not have picked it because that is virtually impossible unless you are going on the snap. But, a preschooler could call the plays Hatcher did. Thank Allah that we don't have to deal with that no mo'.

Baldy
April 25th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Ether. Baldy will try to figure what that means, but the guy only sees hate, so we will see.

Exactly...I am so blinded by my hate for Chris Hatcher, Sam Baker, Rodney Hennon, the South, and everything else that doesn't fit in my tunnel visioned myopic world.

I am eagleskins... xnutsx

xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
April 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Now look...I already warned you two...if you cant disagree without being disagreeable Im going to have to flag both of you...now back off or will I have to do it for you

seantaylor
April 26th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Exactly...I am so blinded by my hate for Chris Hatcher, Sam Baker, Rodney Hennon, the South, and everything else that doesn't fit in my tunnel visioned myopic world.

I am eagleskins... xnutsx

xlolx

A white man is talking here. Silencio.

eaglewraith
April 26th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Now look...I already warned you two...if you cant disagree without being disagreeable Im going to have to flag both of you...now back off or will I have to do it for you

I have to say it would be pretty hilarious if he gets banned on here too.

Baldy
April 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I have to say it would be pretty hilarious if he gets banned on here too.
Don't believe it would be the first time, either.

blueballs
May 1st, 2011, 08:15 AM
There is no question bruce grube (my refusal to capitalize his name is indicative of the total lack of respect I have for him) completely mishandled the Hatcher firing. I don't see how that is even a subject of debate.

You don't fire the guy on Senior Day in a hastily called press conference minutes after the game (which GSU won) and without giving the coach a chance to address his team. That's just classless. It says more about grube than anything any of us could ever write and was the final- and fitting given everything else he did to destroy the athletic program- f-you to all the GSU faithful.

Was the firing justified? Based on the team's performance, yes. Was it handled in a proper way? No, and that is all grube.

Blueandwhitefightfight
May 1st, 2011, 05:46 PM
Might not have picked it because that is virtually impossible unless you are going on the snap. But, a preschooler could call the plays Hatcher did. Thank Allah that we don't have to deal with that no mo'.

Yea it wasn't too hard to call 1. Shotgun trips right- bubble screen. 2. Shotgun - HB draw. 3. Shotgun - Incomplete pass. 4. Punt.

My girlfriend at the time (who was a non-football savy sorority girl) started calling the play before the snap during one of the games. I made a bet with her. I told her that if she could call half of the plays on the current drive right, I would cook her dinner and bring a bottle of wine over. She won the bet and was right way more than half of the time. Of course she didn't know the technical name of the play so it was more like "Umm... we are gonna do that stupid pass thing to the right where the guy just stands there and catches the ball that never works and we stay at the same spot." or "ummm... the quarterback is gonna get the ball and try to fake out the other team, then hand the ball to the 'running guy' who will then go straight forward and get tackled. that play is so dumb, nobody is fooled by it. not even me." Needless to say all of the guys in our group were sick to their stomach that Miss Ditzy-McGee had no clue wtf she was talking about, but was correct because she had an elementary ability to recognize patterns.

But it was ok in the end. I didn't know at the time that cooking dinner and a bottle of wine has awesome results for you later that night xsmiley_wix . Glad I figured that one out early on in my manhood.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
Yea it wasn't too hard to call 1. Shotgun trips right- bubble screen. 2. Shotgun - HB draw. 3. Shotgun - Incomplete pass. 4. Punt.

My girlfriend at the time (who was a non-football savy sorority girl) started calling the play before the snap during one of the games. I made a bet with her. I told her that if she could call half of the plays on the current drive right, I would cook her dinner and bring a bottle of wine over. She won the bet and was right way more than half of the time. Of course she didn't know the technical name of the play so it was more like "Umm... we are gonna do that stupid pass thing to the right where the guy just stands there and catches the ball that never works and we stay at the same spot." or "ummm... the quarterback is gonna get the ball and try to fake out the other team, then hand the ball to the 'running guy' who will then go straight forward and get tackled. that play is so dumb, nobody is fooled by it. not even me." Needless to say all of the guys in our group were sick to their stomach that Miss Ditzy-McGee had no clue wtf she was talking about, but was correct because she had an elementary ability to recognize patterns.

I don't disagree with your assessment here. In fact, it's dead-on. It's also true, however that Hatcher was successful at Valdosta St. and produced the 5th total offense in the nation his first year at Murray St. He's not a bad coach. I'm just glad we have Dr. Brooks Keel and Coach Jeff Monken to help us forget 2006-2009 and look toward a bright future.

TTUEagles
September 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
This thread was started after I learned about Adam Urbano transferring to TTU from Georgia Southern. I thought Georgia Southern fans might find it interesting that Urbano got the start for TTU against Iowa this weekend. First play from scrimmage he gained 17 yards, looking like he was shot out of a cannon...then, sprained his ankle during the tackle. Only got in a handful of plays after that. He looked great, even if for only 1 stinking play. He may miss 3-4 weeks...

Hoofbeats
September 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Asking Georgia Southern fans... any idea why Georgia Southern backed out of the home and home series trip to Fargo after NDSU traveled to you four years ago?

eaglemachine
September 6th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Asking Georgia Southern fans... any idea why Georgia Southern backed out of the home and home series trip to Fargo after NDSU traveled to you four years ago?

too far to travel, fans wanted another home game, new coaches did not like the idea....

eaglewraith
September 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM

We should have never agreed to a home and home with a transitional team in the first place.

That and North Dakota is ****ing far.

seantaylor
September 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Urbano is a good RB. Would have been a really good bback. No idea why he transferred.

blueballs
September 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
This thread was started after I learned about Adam Urbano transferring to TTU from Georgia Southern. I thought Georgia Southern fans might find it interesting that Urbano got the start for TTU against Iowa this weekend. First play from scrimmage he gained 17 yards, looking like he was shot out of a cannon...then, sprained his ankle during the tackle. Only got in a handful of plays after that. He looked great, even if for only 1 stinking play. He may miss 3-4 weeks...

This is exactly what happened to Urbano at GSU. Flashes of great talent followed by the inevitable injury that hinders him or takes him out altogether. He is too slight for is style of running.

As for Urbano being a prototypical B-Back in the GSU triple option... pleeeeeeeeeez... he doesn't have the durability to be an every down back in that system and has demonstrated that over and over in his career with a myriad of injuries. Slotback would have been a better fit for him.