PDA

View Full Version : 2010 App State recap video

Apphole
March 29th, 2011, 10:16 AM
http://vimeo.com/21614626

Something for you other programs to strive for. This program is beyond FBS ready.

cannonballgsu
March 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Nice video - Very professional. I believe that App is ready for the FBS, I just hate to see a rival leave.

With that said, I enjoyed the part starting at about 8:10 in.

Skjellyfetti
March 29th, 2011, 11:23 AM
That Presley play to take the lead against Chatty gives me big time goosebumps.

Apphole
March 29th, 2011, 11:43 AM
With that said, I enjoyed the part starting at about 8:10 in.

As you learned from the video, that loss motivated us to win the conference championship the following week. Glad you like it though. I'm sure we will schedule GS very often for an OOC game after we make the move. Same goes for Furman and Western.

cannonballgsu
March 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
As you learned from the video, that loss motivated us to win the conference championship the following week. Glad you like it though. I'm sure we will schedule GS very often for an OOC game after we make the move. Same goes for Furman and Western.

I guess it was a pretty meaningful game to us both - motivated you all to win the conference, and pushed us into the playoffs (had we lost there, our playoff hopes were gone).

T-Dog
March 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I hated that GSU game since I was there. As I asked the Red Flag bunch after the game "How did you lose four games?"

Apphole
March 29th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I guess it was a pretty meaningful game to us both - motivated you all to win the conference, and pushed us into the playoffs (had we lost there, our playoff hopes were gone).

October 29th, 2011. 34k+. All wearing black. The two best programs in the SoCon and perhaps the entire FCS. The two that will most likely be un-defeated in conference play. App is going for 7 in a row, which will set the record of most consecutive conference championships, held by GS. The year following an OT loss, one that ended one of the longest conference winning streaks in history. Two teams trying to prove themselves on the eve of FBS birth. This might be the biggest SoCon game of all time. I predict it gets moved to Friday and ESPN 2 picks it up. See you there. AAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

SpeedkingATL
March 29th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Nice video. Hope to see 2011 video include 7th SoCon in a row and NC #4.

Truefan
March 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Nice video

App-a-latch-un
March 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I think that is just a preview of the video to come, it's titled "trailer." I imagine it's end product will be like the hour long video from last year-->http://vimeo.com/11849687 Sometimes I cry at the end.

AppStateBall
March 30th, 2011, 01:56 AM
AppState 2010 trailer. Great stuff....
http://vimeo.com/21614626

GaSouthern
March 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM
As I asked the Red Flag bunch after the game "How did you lose four games?"

I can answer that, new coaches, new system, lost the leading passer, rusher, and reciever from the previous season.

The new team finally came together against and after the App State game.

eaglesrthe1
March 31st, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not complaining or anything, but I would think that the TD at the 5:47 mark would have certainly been called back for taunting. Can an App fan confirm or deny?

StorminASU
April 1st, 2011, 08:40 AM
The touchdown didn't come back that I remember. It seems to me like there was something else to this play, but it definitely looks like taunting as a stand alone. Oh well, might as well taunt Elon while he can before they start diving at his knees.

boonedocks
April 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
I think it was a penalty. I don't think it was called back, but it was assessed on the kickoff. At least I thought taunting was assessed on the kickoff?

biggie
April 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
It is not until this year when a TD can be called back for taunting that started before crossing into the endzone. That one was a 15 yd penalty accessed on the kickoff.

Skjellyfetti
April 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
I think it was a penalty. I don't think it was called back, but it was assessed on the kickoff. At least I thought taunting was assessed on the kickoff?

They changed the rule last year and it goes into effect this season..

If you commit a personal foul during the play, it's not accessed after the kickoff anymore. It's accessed from the spot of the foul. So that play by DeAndre and all those flips into the endzone penalties we've had the last few years would take away the touchdown and be a 15 yard penalty marked off from the 1 or 2 yardline. HUGE penalty.

I almost guarantee we get a touchdown called back because of this at some point this year. Hopefully against Savannah State or NC A&T... so players make sure they realize it before we get into conference play.

Following up on the Statement on Sportsmanship adopted last year, the committee approved by unanimous vote the following rule change which will take effect in 2011:

A live-ball foul for unsportsmanlike conduct will be treated as any other live-ball foul, rather than being administered as a dead-ball foul. When in question it is a dead-ball foul. Currently and for 2010 such fouls are treated as dead-ball fouls.

Example 1: A ball carrier is in the open field racing for the goal line. At the opponent’s 10-yard line he turns, makes a taunting gesture to his opponents pursuing him and then scores an apparent touchdown.

RULING IN 2011: Live-ball foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. Fifteen-yard penalty from the spot of the foul and the score is negated. First and 10 at the 25-yard line. (Under current rules the touchdown counts and the penalty is enforced on the try or the kickoff.)

Example 2: Third and seven at the defensive team’s 35-yard line. A defensive player is lined up in the neutral zone at the snap. The quarterback completes a pass to the tight end who races toward the end zone. At the 10-yard line he turns and taunts the players pursuing him and then crosses the goal line.

RULING IN 2011. Offside against the defense and unsportsmanlike conduct by the offense. The fouls offset and the down is repeated. No score. Third and seven at the 35-yard line. (Under current rules the offside penalty is declined by rule, the touchdown counts, and the penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct is enforced on the try or the kickoff.)

Example 3: After scoring a touchdown the ball carrier punts the ball into the stands. RULING: Dead-ball foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. The touchdown counts. The 15-yard penalty is enforced on either the try or on the succeeding kickoff, at the option of the defensive team. (No change from the current rule)

Apphole
April 2nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I know there was alot of talk about GS losing homefield advantage because their AD dropped the ball or something. Isn't there a rule that they couldn't host a playoff game since they rushed the field when they beat us? Just wondering.

WUTNDITWAA
April 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
They hosted a first round game, though. If that were true, they'd probably not have gotten to host their game against SC State.

Wildcat80
April 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Terrific! Hope we get to see some ASU vs UNH highlights next year---From Texas!