tarmac
March 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205108335

Bam
March 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Get to work fellas. xcoolx

asumike83
March 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Excellent. A lot of App fans are up in arms about losing the black end zones, but I actually like the new turf. The alternating grass every 5 yards should look great and I love the Block A at the 50, now if we could just rip that damn track up!

The Moody1
March 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Here is a direct link to the web cam.

http://www1.appstate.edu/~seiftsze/stadium/

cannonballgsu
March 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
What did they do with "A"?

Smitty
March 28th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Probably threw it out. When WCU replaced their turf they just hauled it off to the junkyard/dump. Of course not before I got a few pieces of it.

WUTNDITWAA
March 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM
The two "A"s on the 25s were saved, to be auctioned off at a later date, along with other parts of the turf.

tarmac
March 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Probably threw it out. When WCU replaced their turf they just hauled it off to the junkyard/dump. Of course not before I got a few pieces of it.

Yours was junk, ours has value.

cannonballgsu
March 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
The two "A"s on the 25s were saved, to be auctioned off at a later date, along with other parts of the turf.

I figured they were doing something with them since they were cutting them out and rolling them up. Would be one hell of a conversation starter in someone's man cave.

whoanellie
March 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM
no wonder they cannot get grass to grow up there!!! a steam shovel to get into the ground just to sow the seeds is like no wonder they call that place the rock. I think a Rebel II seed might work as a turf type. xeyebrowx
btw nice track!!!

SoCon48
March 28th, 2011, 04:31 PM
no wonder they cannot get grass to grow up there!!! a steam shovel to get into the ground just to sow the seeds is like no wonder they call that place the rock. I think a Rebel II seed might work as a turf type. xeyebrowxbtw nice track!!!

We don't have to plant seed to keep ours looking great 365 days a year. At least we have a superior (in fact dominating) track program which uses the track. Maybe Eloan should try it.

Tuscon
March 28th, 2011, 06:38 PM
So do you guys really like sitting around watching turf getting installed? Is there nothing better to do in Boone?

Saint3333
March 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Georgia State fans talking about something related to football, how cute. Run along now.

whoanellie
March 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
probably are letting Armani Edwards practice his lawn mowing skills on the old fake stuff... imho...he should be practicing fielding punts ;-)

appsfan
March 28th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, he had to practice protecting his knees against you guys...

cannonballgsu
March 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
So do you guys really like sitting around watching turf getting installed? Is there nothing better to do in Boone?

At least they will own their turf.

asumike83
March 29th, 2011, 08:51 AM
no wonder they cannot get grass to grow up there!!! a steam shovel to get into the ground just to sow the seeds is like no wonder they call that place the rock. I think a Rebel II seed might work as a turf type. xeyebrowx
btw nice track!!!

An Elon fan bashing ASU's football facilities? That is comedy. I don't like the track either and I expect it will be gone in the next couple of years but when you factor seating capacity, vendors, practice facilities and luxury suites at Kidd Brewer Stadium, the facilities at Elon do not even come close. However, when you haven't beaten a team since 1964 and have lost every head-to-head since you joined the conference, I guess you need something to cling on to.

Tuscon
March 29th, 2011, 09:57 AM
At least they will own their turf.

It's a renters market. Who owns things anymore? And why would you own your own field with an NFL stadium 3 blocks from campus that is available?

Skjellyfetti
March 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
It's a renters market. Who owns things anymore? And why would you own your own field with an NFL stadium 3 blocks from campus that is available?

Wow. It's 3 blocks from campus and you could still only get a handful of students to make the trip over for games?

cannonballgsu
March 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM

So you would rather rent a Ferrari than own a Porsche?

49RFootballNow
March 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM

I'd go with neither, that insurance premium has to be outrageous!

SoCon48
March 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
probably are letting Armani Edwards practice his lawn mowing skills on the old fake stuff... imho...he should be practicing fielding punts ;-)

Riddle shoul be practicing his spiking the ball. He's good at that as he showed in the App game. That and slapping linemen up side the head. Of course he won't need those skills as his chances in the pros as a slow QB are nil.

SoCon48
March 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM

What do you guys do in the off season besides post in ASU threads.

T-Dog
March 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM

All major programs have webcams for stadium work. Out of all the stuff to make fun of us about, this isn't even close.

Tuscon
March 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Yes.

Tuscon
March 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
What do you guys do in the off season besides post in ASU threads.

All major programs have webcams for stadium work. Out of all the stuff to make fun of us about, this isn't even close.

Alright alright. I was just having some fun. It's cool you guys are getting that work done.

Serious question though. When you guys posted that pic of the plans for it, was that font on the sidelines really what's going down? It looked kind of like a kid wrote it. If it is, is there some sort of significance?

T-Dog
March 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Considering the design was all Jerry Moore's idea, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to make that terrible jpeg.

whoanellie
March 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
no We took him out clean but hard...could not handle the accumalated hits. A whole 4 seasons of him in that zone offense certainly took it's toll from everyone trying to stop him. He was a champion and played no doubt hurt. But it was not deliberate. Show me film or shut up!!!
Unfortunately, he had to practice protecting his knees against you guys...

whoanellie
March 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
We play on a natural grass surface!!! stay on topic.... 'nuff said.
An Elon fan bashing ASU's football facilities? That is comedy. I don't like the track either and I expect it will be gone in the next couple of years but when you factor seating capacity, vendors, practice facilities and luxury suites at Kidd Brewer Stadium, the facilities at Elon do not even come close. However, when you haven't beaten a team since 1964 and have lost every head-to-head since you joined the conference, I guess you need something to cling on to.

asumike83
March 29th, 2011, 01:16 PM
We play on a natural grass surface!!! stay on topic.... 'nuff said.

If we're only allowed to talk about the playing surface, I don't see how my comments about our superior overall facilities were any more off topic than your comment about our track. It hasn't been used in any ASU football game I've ever seen. Talking about our utter domination of Elon was just for fun though, my bad.

Saint3333
March 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Alright alright. I was just having some fun. It's cool you guys are getting that work done.

Serious question though. When you guys posted that pic of the plans for it, was that font on the sidelines really what's going down? It looked kind of like a kid wrote it. If it is, is there some sort of significance?

Check out T-Dog's avatar, it is the same script that is in the Block A.

Tuscon
March 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM
It's not nearly as bad as that jpeg from a while back, but is there a reason you guys picked a font that looks like handwriting?

Apphole
March 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
The mountaineers in the block A is Jerry Moore's handwriting. The script in the field jpeg is a rough indication of that, not an excact picture or blueprint. That design is handed to a company that professionaly produces it.

App-a-latch-un
March 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Elon doesn't have to win, they just make up championships.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/7dk2royg2i9cxsjus28.jpg