PDA

View Full Version : MEAC Votes to Stay in FCS Playoffs

superman7515
March 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
MEAC to Retain NCAA FCS Automatic Qualifying Bid (http://www.meacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20800&ATCLID=205118493)

The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference's Council of Chief Executive Officers (CCEOs) reaffirmed its position to compete in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) postseason championships and retain the conference's automatic qualification for the MEAC football champion. The presidents and chancellors expressed their views that the caliber of talent among the student-athletes and coaches in the MEAC football program were among the best in the NCAA football championship subdivision and, therefore, would allow them to compete with anybody in the nation.

The Council stated that the MEAC football champion will not compete in any post season football bowl game and can and will continue to compete at the FCS highest level.

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Congratulations to the MEAC for doing what is in the best competitive interests of the leagues and its member institutions...

My sympathies to the SWAC, which continues to struggle financially, on the field of play across all sports (based on RPI) and will not have the benefit of a Legacy Bowl to bolster their coffers...

GOODY26
March 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM
xsmileyclapxxhurrayx

henfan
March 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
That's good news for the MEAC and FCS playoffs.xthumbsupx

GannonFan
March 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
And of course, good news for whomever gets paired up with the MEAC rep in the first round of the playoffs as well. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Could this be the start of a conference split - those that want to compete with the SWAC in post-season bowls, and those that don't?

If there is a split, how would it be done?

WestCoastAggie
March 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM
And of course, good news for whomever gets paired up with the MEAC rep in the first round of the playoffs as well. xlolx

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5hEl5VGVtBBBCjXRLPjetrS9IkNd4I CkYvW2As3kFZdAXjtKrfg&t=1

superman7515
March 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Could this be the start of a conference split - those that want to compete with the SWAC in post-season bowls, and those that don't?

If there is a split, how would it be done?

The way I understand it... More schools voted for the Legacy Bowl (7) than voted against it (5), however, there were more no votes than the MEAC by-laws allow (4) for a motion to pass. If the conference were to split, the 5 that didn't vote for the LB would not have enough schools to stay an automatic qualifier, so that would either have to expand with another school or go their seperate ways and seek conference affiliation elsewhere.

bluehenbillk
March 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

Go...gate
March 18th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Good work by the MEAC. xthumbsupx

MsippiRattler
March 18th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Be careful what you ask for? xthumbsdownx

blaw0203
March 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Be careful what you ask for? xthumbsdownx

YES! Definitely be careful what you ask for! FAMUs record in the playoffs isnt too shabby.

superman7515
March 20th, 2011, 09:46 AM
YES! Definitely be careful what you ask for! FAMUs record in the playoffs isnt too shabby.

3-6 in the last 30 years. It is shabby.

blaw0203
March 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
3-6 in the last 30 years. It is shabby.

1978 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

More recently
1998 in the quarter-finals
1999 in the semi-finals

Our efforts to move up to fbs took our focus off of fcs hence us not appearing in the playoffs since. We returned to fcs in 2005, had a bad coach between then and also suffered sanctions due to self-reporting many ncaa violations but those dark times ended at the end of 08. 2009 we hired a new coach and won the conference in 2010. We will see you in the playoffs once again in 2011. Be Ready!

And don't get too arrogant, Deleware only has 1 National Championship under its belt as well! "Snickering"

superman7515
March 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM
1978 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

More recently
1998 in the quarter-finals
1999 in the semi-finals

Our efforts to move up to fbs took our focus off of fcs hence us not appearing in the playoffs since. We returned to fcs in 2005, had a bad coach between then and also suffered sanctions due to self-reporting many ncaa violations but those dark times ended at the end of 08. 2009 we hired a new coach and won the conference in 2010. We will see you in the playoffs once again in 2011. Be Ready!

And don't get too arrogant, Deleware only has 1 National Championship under its belt as well! "Snickering"

What does UD's National Championships have to do with FAMU's overall lack of success in the playoffs for over 3 decades? Even factoring in the NC 33 years ago, the playoff record becomes 6-6. FAMU never left FCS/1AA, they attempted to but never did, and were considered a 1AA Independent for 2004. FAMU was tied for the conference championship with South Carolina State & Bethune-Cookman, they didn't win it, otherwise they would have been in the playoffs this past season. C'mon man! :)

blaw0203
March 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
What does UD's National Championships have to do with FAMU's overall lack of success in the playoffs for over 3 decades? Even factoring in the NC 33 years ago, the playoff record becomes 6-6. FAMU never left FCS/1AA, they attempted to but never did, and were considered a 1AA Independent for 2004. FAMU was tied for the conference championship with South Carolina State & Bethune-Cookman, they didn't win it, otherwise they would have been in the playoffs this past season. C'mon man! :)

Last time I checked winning a National Championship and advancing to the quarter and semi finals is successful. And I believe you are a UD supporter and last time I checked, you all only have 1 national championship as well. I could understand your position if you were from Appalachian State or Georgia Southern who has multiple championships, but you're not! And at the end of the day, you have only 1 National Championship like us. Get some more weight under your belt before you go parading on a non-existent high horse. LMAO!!!

Ivytalk
March 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
And there was much rejoicing!xnodx

Big Dawg
March 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM

You can copy and paste this comment and save it...FAMU will break the MEAC's dry spell in 2011...I'm calling it right now.

GannonFan
March 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
You can copy and paste this comment and save it...FAMU will break the MEAC's dry spell in 2011...I'm calling it right now.

Well, as unlikely as I think it is for the MEAC to get two teams into the playoffs, I'm pretty sure there's a rule preventing two teams from the same conference meeting in the first round of the playoffs. Just saying.

blaw0203
March 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Well, as unlikely as I think it is for the MEAC to get two teams into the playoffs, I'm pretty sure there's a rule preventing two teams from the same conference meeting in the first round of the playoffs. Just saying.

There's Deleware on that non-existent high horse again LMAO!xlolx

Big Dawg
March 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM

Yeah...OK...just wait...it's only March

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM

Didn't the MEAC get two teams into the playoffs just last year? xeyebrowx

GannonFan
March 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
There's Deleware on that non-existent high horse again LMAO!xlolx

Non-existent? Really? Show me a current FCS program other than Appy, Montana, and GSU that has a better profile over the lifetime of FCS/I-AA football than Delaware does. So that puts UD at about 4th of a current 120 or so FCS programs. I know you might be new to the whole FCS/I-AA thing so it'll probably be a good learning tool for you.

GannonFan
March 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Didn't the MEAC get two teams into the playoffs just last year? xeyebrowx

See, it came and went so quickly that even I didn't notice. xlolx

GannonFan
March 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah...OK...just wait...it's only March

You could bookmark that post and just repaste it every March - it might be quicker that way.

Big Dawg
March 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
See, it came and went so quickly that even I didn't notice. xlolx

Actually we caught your first joke...it just wasn't funny...and poorly executed xwhistlex

GannonFan
March 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Actually we caught your first joke...it just wasn't funny...and poorly executed xwhistlex

People for whom the joke is on never seem to think the joke is funny. I guess that makes it clear where you stand in that regard. xsmileyclapx

blaw0203
March 22nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Non-existent? Really? Show me a current FCS program other than Appy, Montana, and GSU that has a better profile over the lifetime of FCS/I-AA football than Delaware does. So that puts UD at about 4th of a current 120 or so FCS programs. I know you might be new to the whole FCS/I-AA thing so it'll probably be a good learning tool for you.

New? FAMU has been kicking butt on the field much longer and better than Delaware EVER has. If you want to talk about history - Delaware cant even COMPARE to FAMU! Open up your history book and learn. But 1 thing about history, it only remembers winners of championships, and like FAMU, in FCS Delaware only has 1. So until you obtain multiple national championships like other successful FCS programs, dont go parading around on a "non-existent high horse" because it only makes you look like a fool.xcoolx

Big Dawg
March 22nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
People for whom the joke is on never seem to think the joke is funny. I guess that makes it clear where you stand in that regard. xsmileyclapx

Was that another joke...I'm not sure...

GannonFan
March 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Last time I checked winning a National Championship and advancing to the quarter and semi finals is successful.

But 1 thing about history, it only remembers winners of championships, and like FAMU, in FCS Delaware only has 1.

Uh, so which one are you going with. Your Day 1 version of success or your Day 2 version of success? Or since this is a new day, do you have a new theory of success? We'll call it Day 3.

And really, history only remembers championships? Then why is that I can pull up, with no real difficulty, every bracket including every game of every I-AA/FCS playoff http://www.fcspreview.com/history.html and also be able to pull up every result of every team ever http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/? If you think history only remembers the one who won the title, it may just be because you aren't terribly good at navigating the internet. They offer classes on that you know. xlolx

GannonFan
March 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Was that another joke...I'm not sure...

Well, unfortunately, you weren't looking upwards. You'd be amazed at what was going over your head. xlolx

phoenix3
March 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
And there was much rejoicing!xnodx

yay

Humble Steward
March 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well, B-CU is certainly happy about the decision. We have some unfinished business from last seasonxnodx. Let's just say, we plan on being healthy when the playoffs start. Good luck everyone, we plan on winning the MEAC again and bringing a more seasoned team into the playoffs.xthumbsupx

Panther88
March 23rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
You could bookmark that post and just repaste it every March - it might be quicker that way.

Damn Gannon. I thought I could be a lil' harsh and cruel over the web @ times. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Good work. lol