PDA

View Full Version : GA State (you guys happy?) and UT-Chattanooga agree to home and home in 2013/2014.

GA St. MBB Fan
March 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/mar/11/georgia-state-mocs-agree-2-game-deal/

I'm looking forward to it!

Chattanooga is an easy ride up I-75, and the town has a lot to do around the Aquarium, and riverfront.

glsjunior
March 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Could make for a great rivalry. Besides its a closer drive than Statesboro. And it smells a lot better.

Eaglesrus
March 11th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Could make for a great rivalry. Besides its a closer drive than Statesboro. And it smells a lot better.

I'd like to see the study that's based on. On the other hand, all you have to do is read the papers to know that Chattanooga is a whole lot safer than downtown Atlanta so it will be good for your team to go up there, even if it is for just one day.

Go Mocs!

GaSouthern
March 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Wow, could not have caught chatty at a worse time for Ga State, they are on a huge upswing and it will probably get ugly quick.

glsjunior
March 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah because it is easy to predict how both teams will look in 2013.

Tuscon
March 11th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Excited about how close this game is to us. Quick drive up and I can still make it home that night if I wanted to. Excellent scheduling. And as the GS fans say, the Mocs are on an upswing so it will be a great challenge.

cmaxwellgsu
March 12th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Coming from a school that is a homeless people's toilet.......

Blueandwhitefightfight
March 13th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Coming from a school that is a homeless people's toilet.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2heLZ77aw&NR=1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

ChooChoo
March 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I love how negative Southern fans have gotten. It speaks volumes on how Georgia State has gotten to them. xthumbsupx
Can't wait for the Chattanooga trip!

Blueandwhitefightfight
March 14th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I love how negative Southern fans have gotten. It speaks volumes on how Georgia State has gotten to them. xthumbsupx

Wait, so you are telling me that when a GA St. fan piggy backs on App. St.'s nickname for us (The Stink), and we fire back and laugh that we are being negative?

Geeze you people are delusional. Particularly you. Your name indicates that you are a Mocs fan yet you have all this Ga. St. junk everywhere.

Ga. St. hasn't gotten to us. Heck, they haven't even gotten to Lambuth yet.

We are pretty much a combination of amused/annoyed that you somehow think you are at our level when you clearly have no idea. We don't even hate App. St. as bad as Ga. St. at the moment because atleast App. St. can back up when they talk smack. All you guys have is "yea bro, we rent da Dome-we legit homey fo realz!".

I look forward to the day that Chatty makes your pathetic team cry all 2 hours back to ATL.

P.S.- If you go to Paulson Stadium you will actually find that it either smells like beer, pine trees, victory cigars, or tailgating grills. The thing that stinks in town is the wastewater treatment plant and in the 5 years that I have been in the Boro, the wind has never brought that stench to campus or the stadium.

BossEagle
March 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Haven't been around TOO long, have you?

panama
March 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Would just to like to see just ONE (and I am sure most on AGS would agree) thread not turn into this. To GS fans, I will ask one more time, why do you care so much? We get it, you hate Atlanta and all of its minorities and noise and jobs and commerce, etc. Really, we get it.

Eaglesrus
March 14th, 2011, 02:17 PM

Would just to like to see just ONE (and I am sure most on AGS would agree) thread not turn into this. To GS fans, I will ask one more time, why do you care so much? We get it, you hate Atlanta and all of its minorities and noise and jobs and commerce, etc. Really, we get it.

Then I would suggest that you ask your fellow GA State fans not to start it, as glsjunior did above. We get it, y'all are jealous and have an inferiority complex, but why do you have to bring us up in a thread about your game with Chattanooga?

GSUsTALON
March 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Hey Panama
glsjunior second post on this thread is located above before any GaSo fans chimed in. Both sides do a good job of inciting a responce from the other.xeyebrowx

glsjunior
March 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hey I wanted to head it off at the pass. It's not like y'all didn't start the smack on every other GA State related thread. Including the one below.

Blueandwhitefightfight
March 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Why do we care? B/c so many Ga. St. fans are acting like they are on our level. That would be like us acting like we are on UGA's level. If we did that, surely they would be pissed off and they should be. Also, you guys used to be a huge rival in basketball. That rivalry was renewed this year with our new head coach who played when GSU/Ga.St. were big time rivals.

Also, another reason we care is because you are an in-state Division I school. `

To give you even more reasons why we hate you:

1- Momma said y'all were the devil.
2- Your people always are setting low standards and goals, then fail to achieve them.
3- Pink Panther > Ga. St. Panther

I don't think any of us hate ATL. A lot of ATLians (and minorities) come to study at GSU. About 60% of GSU current students are from ATL Metro area. We just hate those blocks of the city that say "GEORGIA STATE" on them.

For now, you are the scum between our toes. You make us want to vomit.

SpeedkingATL
March 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Looks like good scheduling for both GaSt and UTC. Do me a favor and schedule the UTC game against GaSt at The Dome on a Thursday Nite or sometime other than Saturday where it won't interfere with App football as that is a game myself and many of the ATL area Apps would attend. xcoolx

panama
March 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hey Panama
glsjunior second post on this thread is located above before any GaSo fans chimed in. Both sides do a good job of inciting a responce from the other.xeyebrowx

YOU Sir are the height of hilarity. The architect of smack between us feigning innocence. TalonTalk has more than TEN active GSU Smack threads. I would categorize that as an unhealthy obsession.

Why do we care? B/c so many Ga. St. fans are acting like they are on our level. That would be like us acting like we are on UGA's level. If we did that, surely they would be pissed off and they should be. Also, you guys used to be a huge rival in basketball. That rivalry was renewed this year with our new head coach who played when GSU/Ga.St. were big time rivals.

Also, another reason we care is because you are an in-state Division I school. `

To give you even more reasons why we hate you:

1- Momma said y'all were the devil.
2- Your people always are setting low standards and goals, then fail to achieve them.
3- Pink Panther > Ga. St. Panther

I don't think any of us hate ATL. A lot of ATLians (and minorities) come to study at GSU. About 60% of GSU current students are from ATL Metro area. We just hate those blocks of the city that say "GEORGIA STATE" on them.

For now, you are the scum between our toes. You make us want to vomit.
More hilarity. At least 6 of the aforementioned threads mention GSU being in the ghetto. Your fans thoughts are pretty clear and have been for a while. Dont go PC on us now. Own your intolerance. As for thinking we're on your level, for most GSU connected people you dont enter the conversation. Most people do not know we lost to you this year in basketball or know we beat you last year. The problem with GS folks is that they always frame any conversation with 6 National Titles which obscures the fact that youre the 5th largest university in the state and that youre not categorized at the Board of Regents top level.You keep trying to jump in on our conversations as if most of our alumni care. Yes those of us who are online have grown to hate you over the last two years but the average GSU alumnus is not thinking of GS at all. Sorry.

Looks like good scheduling for both GaSt and UTC. Do me a favor and schedule the UTC game against GaSt at The Dome on a Thursday Nite or sometime other than Saturday where it won't interfere with App football as that is a game myself and many of the ATL area Apps would attend. xcoolx

We'll make a note of that to schedule our games with App State alumni in mind...lol!

ChooChoo
March 14th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Wait, so you are telling me that when a GA St. fan piggy backs on App. St.'s nickname for us (The Stink), and we fire back and laugh that we are being negative?

Geeze you people are delusional. Particularly you. Your name indicates that you are a Mocs fan yet you have all this Ga. St. junk everywhere.

Ga. St. hasn't gotten to us. Heck, they haven't even gotten to Lambuth yet.

We are pretty much a combination of amused/annoyed that you somehow think you are at our level when you clearly have no idea. We don't even hate App. St. as bad as Ga. St. at the moment because atleast App. St. can back up when they talk smack. All you guys have is "yea bro, we rent da Dome-we legit homey fo realz!".

I look forward to the day that Chatty makes your pathetic team cry all 2 hours back to ATL.

P.S.- If you go to Paulson Stadium you will actually find that it either smells like beer, pine trees, victory cigars, or tailgating grills. The thing that stinks in town is the wastewater treatment plant and in the 5 years that I have been in the Boro, the wind has never brought that stench to campus or the stadium.

For the record, my "name" was a nickname given some 20 years ago. No connection to UTC. Not that it matters. You cast all the rocks you want. I'm a south Ga guy by birth and moved back just a year ago. I was just blessed with the opportunity to spend a couple of decades being educated and getting to work in Atlanta. So trust me, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from with the Ghetto State remarks. I've seen people hide behind that kind of rhetoric my whole life.
And by the way...its THAT kind of mentality and attitude that will hamper the growth and perception for student athletes looking towards Statesboro and help Georgia State to excel.
Also for the record, I find the cow tippin, inbred humor just as tasteless as the witty ebonics on these threads.

chattanoogamocs
March 15th, 2011, 03:10 AM
I am excited about the game. I think Chattanooga will bring a good crowd to Atlanta and vice versa.

Always nice to get to play schools within a 2-3 hour drive.

panama
March 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am excited about the game. I think Chattanooga will bring a good crowd to Atlanta and vice versa.

Always nice to get to play schools within a 2-3 hour drive.

And nice to play schools in actual cities with attractions. It will be hard to talk people in West Alabama this year. 4 hour trip to nowhere.