PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Semifinalists Bobcats Begin Spring Camp

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Big story is that senior DB Walter Musgrove has begun treatment for Hodgkin's disease. The prognosis according to the Bobcats web site is good, so that's what we all like to hear. Best of luck to Musgrove and his fellow Cats...

Bobcats Open Spring Camp
Musgrove begins treatment for Hodgkin's disease
Feb. 27, 2006

SAN MARCOS - Coming off the program's first Southland Conference championship and an appearance in the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs, Texas State went through the first of 15 days of spring practices Monday.

"Everyone came out here with a great attitude and work ethic," said Texas State coach David Bailiff, who begins his third season as the Bobcats' head coach. "They had a lot of pep in their step."
The Bobcats must replace 27 seniors off last year's championship team. With Monday's first practice, the number of reps rose for several returning players off last year's team.

http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022706aaa.html

blackfordpu
February 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Did you have to put the "semi-finalists" part in the title TT? Was it really needed? Because of that everyone knows who the bobkitties are now, no need for the title.

TexasTerror
February 28th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Did you have to put the "semi-finalists" part in the title TT? Was it really needed? Because of that everyone knows who the bobkitties are now, no need for the title.

Well, they are the I-AA semifinalists...

May as well give them their glory now, right? I don't think they'll come close to returning there next year, though their schedule (if they get some road SLC wins) would lead them to the SLC title, but that is what they are...

And I got to avoid opening a can of worms with the 'name issue'... :)