PDA

View Full Version : Ijalana hurt?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/02/25/ol-prospects-putting-small-schools-on-nfl-map

Of this year's small-school guys, the best prospect probably is Villanova OG Ben Ijalana. A bilateral sports hernia will keep him from working out at the Combine, but he had an impressive college career and has used his wrestling background to help him maul Colonial Athletic Association opponents the past four years.

"Wrestling is probably the hardest physical activity I've ever been involved in," Ijalana said. "It's intense. It's insane. You're moving around. A match is six minutes. It's about movement and staying up. It's a matter of what you do after you get tired.

"Because you're going to get tired. You're going to get exhausted. And you still have to move and fight through it.

First I've heard of this. Could this affect his draft rankings? I had Ijalana as the top FCS guy in the draft.

1standgoal
February 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/02/25/ol-prospects-putting-small-schools-on-nfl-map

First I've heard of this. Could this affect his draft rankings? I had Ijalana as the top FCS guy in the draft.
He did have surgery.....probably won't affect his draft status though....projected 2nd or 3rd round.....if he was a 1st round guy.maybe...but he is good. Also I did see him at the combine in Indy so not sure if he is working out or not.

HenZoneNation
February 25th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Mayock was talking about him had him going as early as the second round...he'll be just fine.

HailSzczur
February 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM
yeah, this has been public for about a month when it came out he would miss the senior bowl because of it. One of the draft projections i say had him going 1st round to the steelers

Anovafan
March 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Ben played with the hernia during the season and waited to have surgery until after the playoffs. He had very good interest at the combine despite not participating. His wingspan gave lots of oohs and ahhs from the scouts, 6' 11", despite only being a shade under 6' 4". This puts him solidly into the tackle projection. I think he will go in the 2nd round and whoever gets him will get a steal. One team had him as their #1 rated tackle.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Ben played with the hernia during the season and waited to have surgery until after the playoffs. He had very good interest at the combine despite not participating. His wingspan gave lots of oohs and ahhs from the scouts, 6' 11", despite only being a shade under 6' 4". This puts him solidly into the tackle projection. I think he will go in the 2nd round and whoever gets him will get a steal. One team had him as their #1 rated tackle.

Thanks. Good to see that injury has not affected anything. I think Ijalana's a second rounder, and might be the first FCS player taken. In comparison, Lehigh OL Will Rackley is projected 3rd rounder/2nd day pick.

That's interesting that he's now projecting as a tackle. I read he was going to project as a guard in the pros.