PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington Eagles schedule

clawman
February 23rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
How about this for a brutal schedule, but a National Champ can handle it!!

Sep. 3 at Washington TBA
Sep. 10 at South Dakota Time Tentative 2:05 PM
Sep. 17 at Montana * TBA
Sep. 24 Montana St. * Time Tentative 4:05 PM
Oct. 1 Weber St. * Time Tentative 1:05 PM
Oct. 8 at Northern Ariz. * 3:05 PM
Oct. 15 Northern Colo. * Time Tentative 4:05 PM
Oct. 22 at Sacramento St. * TBA
Oct. 29 Portland St. * Time Tentative 1:05 PM
Nov. 12 at Cal Poly TBA
Nov. 19 at Idaho St. *

DJKyR0
February 24th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Only three games on the red turf (is the one still being played in Seattle?), maybe you can handle it but if I'm an EWU fan I'm pretty PO'd at the AD.

Keeper
February 24th, 2011, 05:48 AM
No, they have four home games all in conference.

If YOU were out of conference, would YOU travel to play on the Inferno at this time?

wapiti
February 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
There is nothing less than a Div 1. I like that.

Professor Chaos
February 24th, 2011, 09:41 AM
No, they have four home games all in conference.

If YOU were out of conference, would YOU travel to play on the Inferno at this time?
Teams will go wherever they're paid to go to play. EWU doesn't draw well enough to pay teams enough for one guarantee game so they have to go the home and home or 2 for 1 route. Thus you end up with some years like this where all 3 OOC games are away. There's a lot more to it than just the big bad red turf.

Big Al
February 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Not to mention EWU football doesn't get great financial support from the state, so they have to chase the money.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad schedule at all, considering the constraints. They should get good fan support for the UW game, which I think they have a reasonable shot at winning.

clawman
February 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Not to mention EWU football doesn't get great financial support from the state, so they have to chase the money.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad schedule at all, considering the constraints. They should get good fan support for the UW game, which I think they have a reasonable shot at winning.

Depends if your glass is half empty or half full. If the Eagles win travel games against reasonable to good FCS opponents out of conference, and win the conference, they should be a high seed in the playoffs, which we all know is key to a long run.
Go Eags!!