PDA

View Full Version : Montana to....Montana

bodoyle
February 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Didn't see this posted, sorry if I missed it already.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/notre-dame-qb-montana-to-transfer-tomontana.html

jimbo65
February 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Several years ago St Johns had a basketball player named Fordham. Strange to see the name Fordham on a jersey playing the Fordham Rams.

rumple
February 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
That will be a big jump in academic difficulty. xlolx

Silenoz
February 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Our probable starter at RB is named Jordan Canada too xlolx

How crazy would it be to have the sons of John Stockton, Jeff Fisher, and Joe Montana play for the same team in back-to-back-to-back years xhurrayx

The Eagle's Cliff
February 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
While it might be cool to be Joe Montana's QB son on one hand, can you imagine the pressure a kid might feel to perform like Joe Montana? Just Sayin'xtwocentsx

MplsBison
February 10th, 2011, 05:57 PM
That will be a big jump in academic difficulty. xlolx

I don't think Notre Dame is anything special academically. They're certainly not a major research university like a Northwestern or U of Chicago.

sikolec
February 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Nate Montana is not that great a football player (of course, living up to those expectations is ridiculous). Couldn't start at his high school (Cardinal Newman), so transfered to De La Salle where he split time in a veer option offense. Ended up doing fairly well at Pasadena City College and ended up at Notre Dame, where he got to play in a game or two due to injuries. Not impressive to say the least. Maybe he will be a late bloomer and do well at Montana (or wherever he ends up).

Joe Montana's other son, Nick Montana is a decent player. Went to Oaks Christian and was a 3 star recruit (QB) out of high school. He is now up at Washington fighting for playing time after I believe redshirting his first year.

darell1976
February 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
While it might be cool to be Joe Montana's QB son on one hand, can you imagine the pressure a kid might feel to perform like Joe Montana? Just Sayin'xtwocentsx

Kinda like being the son of Michael Jordan.

HailSzczur
February 11th, 2011, 05:22 PM
one of the CAA schools (not quite sure which, I want to say William and Mary) had what we deemed the presidential backfield a few years back with RBs and a QB named Washington, Jeffereson, and Kennedy

100%GRIZ
February 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM
So would this be a good move by The Montana Griz - The last two drop down QBs in my opinion have not panned out! I certainly have mixed emotions on this!

cmaxwellgsu
February 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM

I saw him play some for Notre Dame last year, so he'll probably have a lot less being away from Dad's alma mater.

GrizBowl
February 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM
So would this be a good move by The Montana Griz - The last two drop down QBs in my opinion have not panned out! I certainly have mixed emotions on this!

Yes, but every once in awhile you end up w/ a Craig Ochs...

100%GRIZ
February 12th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Yes, but every once in awhile you end up w/ a Craig Ochs...

Yea - I guess Drew Miller wasn't bad either!

sikolec
February 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
http://starcasm.net/archives/56758

Any word this is official or still a rumor? And what does the quarterback situation look like at Montana for 2011?

100%GRIZ
February 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Any word this is official or still a rumor? And what does the quarterback situation look like at Montana for 2011?

Well someone on egriz said Nate and Joe Montana were at the Missoula airport last night - Other QBs are Jordy Johnson, Kemp, Trent McKinney & now Montana.

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM
It looks like Nate has enrolled at Montana, and plans to walk on with the football team.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/update-former-notre-dame-qb-nate-montana-admitted-to-um-will-play-football-1.1979518

http://missoulian.com/college/griz/article_783ef2b4-38a5-11e0-8466-001cc4c002e0.html

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM

The quarterback spot is one of the bigger question marks for the Griz. Currently, true sophomore Jordy Johnson, junior Gerald Kemp and redshirt freshman Shay Smithwick-Hann appear to be battling for the starting spot. Jordy Johnson played a series or two in 4 or 5 games last season. Kemp was originally recruited as a quarterback by Hauck, was converted to running back last year where he got a few touches each game but has been moved back to quarterback. Smithwick-Hann was a redshirt last year. Three quarterbacks were in this years signing class. Nate Montana will most likely be given the chance to compete for playing time, although someone on egriz said he could be moved to safety, but who knows where that information came from or how valid it may be.

sikolec
February 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
The quarterback spot is one of the bigger question marks for the Griz. Currently, true sophomore Jordy Johnson, junior Gerald Kemp and redshirt freshman Shay Smithwick-Hann appear to be battling for the starting spot. Jordy Johnson played a series or two in 4 or 5 games last season. Kemp was originally recruited as a quarterback by Hauck, was converted to running back last year where he got a few touches each game but has been moved back to quarterback. Smithwick-Hann was a redshirt last year. Three quarterbacks were in this years signing class. Nate Montana will most likely be given the chance to compete for playing time, although someone on egriz said he could be moved to safety, but who knows where that information came from or how valid it may be.

Very interesting. Great insight on the QB situation. It would be very surprising to me to see Nate Montana switch to the safety position. I believe he transfered so he could play QB. Not sure why a kid would give up a scholarship at Notre Dame to walk on at Montana (no offense, but they are two very different schools). Best of luck with Montana, hope to see him get a chance and succeed (except on September 10th, 2011) xwhistlex

apaladin
February 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Furman currently has a LB named Rick Furman whose is from Greenville and related to the founder of the university

FormerPokeCenter
February 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I can see the confusion in the pressbox now.......

Q: "Who's at Quarterback?

A: Which one?

Q: The Montana Quarterback...

A: Oh...Montana...

Q: Yeah, who's the Quarterback for Montana?

A: Montana.

Q: Yeah, Montanta!

A: That's what I said!

Q: No, who's playing Quarterback for Montana?

A: Montana?

Q: Yeah, who?

A: Montana!

Q: Oh, never mind, I'll buy a program!

Uncle Rico's Clan
February 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
If anything, this has already brought some pretty good national publicity for the Griz. Petros and Money spent some time talking about this last night on fox sports radio. Today there was an article on ESPN.com, Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about it on PTI, Dan Patrick spent some time talking about it on his radio show this morning. Petros and Money went a little more in depth again today and they even talked about Pflugrad for a little bit. Hopefully Nate brings something positive onto the field as well.

GrizBowl
February 16th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I can see the confusion in the pressbox now.......

Q: "Who's at Quarterback?

A: Which one?

Q: The Montana Quarterback...

A: Oh...Montana...

Q: Yeah, who's the Quarterback for Montana?

A: Montana.

Q: Yeah, Montanta!

A: That's what I said!

Q: No, who's playing Quarterback for Montana?

A: Montana?

Q: Yeah, who?

A: Montana!

Q: Oh, never mind, I'll buy a program!

Hilarious Greatness xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

GrizBowl
February 16th, 2011, 12:17 AM
If anything, this has already brought some pretty good national publicity for the Griz. Petros and Money spent some time talking about this last night on fox sports radio. Today there was an article on ESPN.com, Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about it on PTI, Dan Patrick spent some time talking about it on his radio show this morning. Petros and Money went a little more in depth again today and they even talked about Pflugrad for a little bit. Hopefully Nate brings something positive onto the field as well.

Actually Kornheiser and Dan Lebatard