PDA

View Full Version : NDSU QB in trouble or is he?

darell1976
February 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/307491/

Brock Jensen, the starting quarterback for North Dakota State’s football team, will be disciplined after being charged last month with minor in possession or consumption of alcohol.

“Brock will go through the same discipline as other players we’ve had go through this,” said Bison head coach Craig Bohl, who doesn’t expect Jensen will miss any games because of the infraction. “That would be very inconsistent on our part. We are certainly disappointed and we are going to handle it.”

Way to set an example Craig. I got a feeling this won't be the first Bison to have a run in with the law.

JSUBison
February 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
What do you mean? The punishment is in line with other MIP's in the past. Check out bisonmediablog. If he gets in trouble again, I bet he will miss multiple games. And believe me, we will all know if he gets in trouble again, if you know what I mean.

darell1976
February 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
What do you mean? The punishment is in line with other MIP's in the past. Check out bisonmediablog. If he gets in trouble again, I bet he will miss multiple games. And believe me, we will all know if he gets in trouble again, if you know what I mean.

He won't miss any games that is inconsistant on our part. HUH???

JSUBison
February 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM
He won't miss any games that is inconsistant on our part. HUH???

It would be inconsistent to suspend Brock over a 1st time MIP. Bohl hasn't done that in the past on first time violations. I don't know what Bohl has for punishment, some coaches in other programs take part of the scholly away for example. If I was Bohl, Brock would miss the first game, but that's just my opinion.

Reign of Terrier
February 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
stuff like this happens all the time, just don't get caught sheesh (not that I endorse the activity)

Bogus Megapardus
February 4th, 2011, 06:25 PM
He should be suspended for game 1. xpopcornx

cmaxwellgsu
February 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I imagine a majority of college graduates have gotten an MIP. I think most coaching staffs can dish out a stern punishment without the need to suspend.

JBB
February 5th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Top Hockey star at UND Danny "Cold Toes" Kristo 2 alcohol infractions in the past 12 months no known disciplinary action. Not a mention of it in any paper until he was found frozen in a snow bank with all details unexplained and the coach saying no rules broken.

NDSU QB Brock Jensen 1 alcohol infraction in the past 12 months. Coaches take standard disciplinary action.

The winner is: UND for sweeping details under the rug and tolerating unacceptable behavior in their sports program.

What was the disciplinary action for cold toes: frozen feet? His plight rests with his coaches who looked the other way.

Way to set an example Craig. I got a feeling this won't be the first Bison to have a run in with the law.
Mods shut this guy down how much longer are you going to let him go on like this?

nms1987
February 5th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Come on. Do you really think an 18, 19 or 20 year old drinking a beer is really on offense that deserves a game suspension?
I get that you want your players to respect the law, but he will be punished and it sounds like the punishment will be sufficient for the offense. If I know coaches at all it will probably be MORE than sufficient for the offense (getting up at 5am to do all sorts of brutal runs, that kind of thing).

If the kid is otherwise well-behaved, gets decent grades, obeys coaches, ect let it go. Who on earth could possibly care that he got in trouble for having a drink? In most of the rest of the civilized world a guy his age is perfectly legal to drink and, even in the US, it is illegal but hardly inappropriate because people understand 21 as a drinking age is ridiculous and unrealistic. How many of us did not have a drink before 21? The minority for sure.
Its silly to think that a 18-21 year old is actually doing something wrong by having a drink.

Frankly, I'd rather have my QB arrested for drinking a beer than get a speeding ticket. While I don't think speeding, in general (say, going 70 down a highway listed at 55), is dangerous it certainly has to be more likely to cause harm to yourself or others than downing a beer on your couch.

FargoBison
February 5th, 2011, 02:57 AM
How is he not trouble....

The biggest newspaper in the state had this story front and center on their website and there is an article in today's paper about it.

He has to deal with Coach Bohl's punishment, which won't be fun.

He has to deal with the courts and the school.

Twentysix
February 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/307491/

Aww, If he were a butthockey player then no punishment would of been applied, as standard policy. Unfortunately the football types have to abide by the rules a bit more.

Gil Dobie
February 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
We don't know that Eddie Balfour had any offenses in Grand Forks, but he has had several drinking offenses since leaving. ;)

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I like how you Bison fans are following the rumors that Kristo was drunk and passed out in a snowbank...what if he passed out from a diabetic shock? What if he was dehydrated and passed out from that. Say what you want about Kristo and UND sweeping this under the rug..your star QB get a MIP and a free pass..by the way are NDSU players allowed back in Best Buy?

Gil Dobie
February 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I like how you Bison fans are following the rumors that Kristo was drunk and passed out in a snowbank...what if he passed out from a diabetic shock? What if he was dehydrated and passed out from that. Say what you want about Kristo and UND sweeping this under the rug..your star QB get a MIP and a free pass..by the way are NDSU players allowed back in Best Buy?

What ever happened with the hockey players and the fake ID stuff, or the guy that writing NSF checks. I can tell you names and places, but I won't on a public forum.

MplsBison
February 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Legal drinking age should be 18. That's just all there is to it.

NDB
February 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Kristo was either temporarily drunk or a permanent dumba*&.

The windchill was 30 below for heaven's sake.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Where has coach Bohl said he gets a "free pass?" In the past, a minor in possession has not constituted a game suspension.

Do you know what kind of punishment Bohl has instituted with Brock?
Are you in the know with the NDSU FB program?

I give Bohl more credit than your hockey coach.....as you just said....Hakstol swept his problem "under the rug".

darell1976
February 5th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Where has coach Bohl said he gets a "free pass?" In the past, a minor in possession has not constituted a game suspension.

Do you know what kind of punishment Bohl has instituted with Brock?
Are you in the know with the NDSU FB program?

I give Bohl more credit than your hockey coach.....as you just said....Hakstol swept his problem "under the rug".

When did I say Hakstol swept his problem under the rug? Thats right you are a Bison fan let me help you when you read other people's posts (Bison fan posts) they said UND, the paper, etc. are sweeping this under the rug so what I said was " Say what you want about Kristo and UND sweeping this under the rug". Got it...almost well lets move on. No I am not in the know with NDSU football unlike all the Bison fans in the know about UND hockey which is just astounding. I am sure the punishment with Brock will come out in the papers...or will it. Also if he gets another MIP will Bohl suspend him like Hakstol did with Kristo in 2010 for his second MIP? Its a long offseason and I am sure Jensen is dying for a drink!!! He doesn't turn 21 until Sept. 9th!

BlueHenSinfonian
February 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Legal drinking age should be 18. That's just all there is to it.

I agree. How many people here never had a drink before turning 21 while at college? While I was at UD I was at a couple parties that were 'busted', at one the cops just told everyone to go home and left it at that, and at the other they said that they just got another call but would be back in ten minutes to check everyone's IDs (wink wink nudge nudge).

The travesty is that he has become a news spectacle for doing what 90% of the other students are doing. Let the kid pay his fine and move on with the whole thing.

mgbison
February 6th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hey Darrell get a fricken life.

If you want to bring up football players getting into trouble, UND has several examples of its own. Why do you even bring up the Best Buy deal when you've had a couple of linebackers arrested for beating the snot out of RA's and I believe a guy with the last name Stroup had an incident that doesn't even need to be brought up.

Or how about your stud running back getting kicked off the team for violation of team rules for the 2nd time. I wonder what the details are of that situation, but its the GF media and violation of team rules is a good enough answer. UND can sweep its problems under the rug because the GF media looks the other way. Given your hockey team has only 20 players on it, they don't mind getting into trouble.

Every school is going to deal with issues, its what happens when you bring in 18 year old kids and they live like rockstars (minus the $). Bohl has done a great job making sure things don't get out of control, and a game suspension for a minor would be crazy. If it happens again I'm sure Brock will be in hot water.

I can guarantee you in the next 3 years that more kids will get MIP's from both schools. The difference is the FM media will look through court records to find this info out and put it on the front page of the paper, whereas at UND it won't make the paper and noone will ask any questions.

I hope Bison fans have enough class not to start treads ripping on other schools for incidents that occur off the field.

darell1976
February 6th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Hey Darrell get a fricken life.

If you want to bring up football players getting into trouble, UND has several examples of its own. Why do you even bring up the Best Buy deal when you've had a couple of linebackers arrested for beating the snot out of RA's and I believe a guy with the last name Stroup had an incident that doesn't even need to be brought up.

Or how about your stud running back getting kicked off the team for violation of team rules for the 2nd time. I wonder what the details are of that situation, but its the GF media and violation of team rules is a good enough answer. UND can sweep its problems under the rug because the GF media looks the other way. Given your hockey team has only 20 players on it, they don't mind getting into trouble.

Every school is going to deal with issues, its what happens when you bring in 18 year old kids and they live like rockstars (minus the $). Bohl has done a great job making sure things don't get out of control, and a game suspension for a minor would be crazy. If it happens again I'm sure Brock will be in hot water.

I can guarantee you in the next 3 years that more kids will get MIP's from both schools. The difference is the FM media will look through court records to find this info out and put it on the front page of the paper, whereas at UND it won't make the paper and noone will ask any questions.

I hope Bison fans have enough class not to start treads ripping on other schools for incidents that occur off the field.

Then check the time of JBB's thread of the UND football player getting booted off the team...it came before this one, which is why I decided to start this thread. But I guess he has no class does he.

JBB
February 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mods enough of the darell guy and his personal insults. This darell guy started this thread as an excuse to trash Brock Jensen, the NDSU Head Coach and NDSU football. Look at the editorial comment by him while reporting on troubles at NDSU:

Thats not class, thats not reporting the story, thats pure smack or worse.

This darell guys ongoing personal attacks aimed at me are outrageous and for some reason passed over by the mods around here. Here is his latest:

Then check the time of JBB's thread of the UND football player getting booted off the team...it came before this one, which is why I decided to start this thread. But I guess he has no class does he.

Darell, in the thread I started I reported the facts on a UND running back that was dismissed from the team. No comment, no snide remarks and no personal attacks on anyone. Nothing but class.

You did the opposite. The UND football program is a shambles. Try and control your frustrations with that. Try and control your emotions darell, you are showing signs of wear and tear. A timeout for a few weeks would do you good. But most of all darell try and figure out that the state of the UND football program is not my fault. Neither are the internal problems the UND athletic program is struggling with.

darell1976
February 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Mods enough of the darell guy and his personal insults. This darell guy started this thread as an excuse to trash Brock Jensen, the NDSU Head Coach and NDSU football. Look at the editorial comment by him while reporting on troubles at NDSU:

Thats not class, thats not reporting the story, thats pure smack or worse.

This darell guys ongoing personal attacks aimed at me are outrageous and for some reason passed over by the mods around here. Here is his latest:

Darell, in the thread I started I reported the facts on a UND running back that was dismissed from the team. No comment, no snide remarks and no personal attacks on anyone. Nothing but class.

You did the opposite. The UND football program is a shambles. Try and control your frustrations with that. Try and control your emotions darell, you are showing signs of wear and tear. A timeout for a few weeks would do you good. But most of all darell try and figure out that the state of the UND football program is not my fault. Neither are the internal problems the UND athletic program is struggling with.

Have you read your smack about Murray and Danny Kristo?? Calling Kristo "cold toes" on a guy that could have very well have lost his toes from severe frostbite. And as for my quote about you..read the post above mine..Mgbison wrote "I hope Bison fans have enough class not to start treads ripping on other schools for incidents that occur off the field." so to him only classless Bison fans would start a thread ripping on other schools for offfield incidents, so I replied to him sarcasticly "But I guess he has no class does he." I love how you turn everything around JBB to make you look so innocent.

DJKyR0
February 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
From what I can tell Jensen was indeed punished, not sure where the idea Bohl is letting players off the hook is coming from.

bjtheflamesfan
February 7th, 2011, 03:49 PM
ALright...last warning...one more UND vs NDSU bickering session and whoever starts the thread as well as anyone who decides to pile in is getting a week's trip to the showers...I mean I know you guys are rivals and all from DII but you argue like children over everything...no more

No_Skill
February 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Sad, just sad.

Neg rep all around. xoopsx