PDA

View Full Version : Conference Challenge Series

TexasTerror
February 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM
I saw that the Gulf South Conference and the Lonestar Conference at the Division II level have partnered for a series of games (http://www.gscsports.org/news/2011/1/27/FB_0127110004.aspx) between their two conferences.

Teams get two out of conference games - one home, one away - against a team from the other league. It rotates the following year, so that home game becomes an away game and vice-versa.

A novel idea that I would love to see at the Div I level!

With limited OOC opportunities for most conferences, perhaps you just limit it to one game. Have the SLC-Big Sky Challenge! Ohio Valley-Big South Challenge!

Whatever it may be, seems like it would be a good opportunity and if possible, have TV involved. Seems to work well for the GSC & LSC getting TV...

BlueHenSinfonian
February 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM
The NFL does something similar with each division playing each of the others on a rotating basis, I think this would be great for FCS, of course it would be a bear to schedule. Each CAA team could play a SoCon team one year, then the next each CAA teams plays a Big South team while each SoCon team moves on to a SWAC team, etc. It would be a great way to force some interconference play, but it would never happen on its own accord, too many schools wouldn't be willing to do it.