PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TXST Schedule Features 12 Games, Incl. PVAMU, SLC Foes

TexasTerror
January 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
The first two weeks are going to be a bit rough for this squad, interested to see how they settle into things after that.

The AD said they are nearing completion of the 2012 schedule, which will probably generate TONS of excitement. I figure that '12 will be the WAC opponents, plus 1 or 2 FCS teams. Would surprise me if they have a full FBS slate. They are not bowl eligible until '13.

Sept. 3 at Texas Tech
Sept. 10 at Wyoming
Sept. 17 Tarleton State
Sept. 24 at Stephen F. Austin
Oct. 1 Nicholls
Oct. 8 at McNeese State
Oct. 15 Lamar
Oct. 22 at Southeastern Louisiana
Oct. 29 Northwestern State
Nov. 5 Prairie View A&M
Nov. 12 at Central Arkansas
Nov. 19 Sam Houston State

Redhawk2010
January 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Now I understand they are ineligible for Southland Conference Championship, right? Are they also ineligible for playoffs in 2011? How's that work? I would imagine so if they have 12 games this year, right?

JSU02
January 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I suspect they will be offering 74 schollies this year, so that makes them ineligible.

GeauxLions94
January 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Now I understand they are ineligible for Southland Conference Championship, right? Are they also ineligible for playoffs in 2011? How's that work? I would imagine so if they have 12 games this year, right?

I suspect they will be offering 74 schollies this year, so that makes them ineligible.

Yes on both ... Texas State adding 11 schollies (up to 74) for 2011 and another 11 for 2012 ... All other sports are eligible for conference championships, NCAA's, etc. before heading to the WAC.

Panther88
January 30th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I've known that this was in the works since 09/2010 and now it's official. :) TxSt is paying PVAMU FBS $$$$ to come whip up on them. CHAAAAA-CHING!!!!! lol

Good job PV.

TexasTerror
January 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I've known that this was in the works since 09/2010 and now it's official. :) TxSt is paying PVAMU FBS $$$$ to come whip up on them. CHAAAAA-CHING!!!!! lol

What's the $$$ amount that PV is bringing in from this one? Can't imagine TXST is paying out more than $125 or $150k.

Cat79
January 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
The first two weeks are going to be a bit rough for this squad, interested to see how they settle into things after that.

The AD said they are nearing completion of the 2012 schedule, which will probably generate TONS of excitement. I figure that '12 will be the WAC opponents, plus 1 or 2 FCS teams. Would surprise me if they have a full FBS slate. They are not bowl eligible until '13.

Sept. 3 at Texas Tech
Sept. 10 at Wyoming
Sept. 17 Tarleton State
Sept. 24 at Stephen F. Austin
Oct. 1 Nicholls
Oct. 8 at McNeese State
Oct. 15 Lamar
Oct. 22 at Southeastern Louisiana
Oct. 29 Northwestern State
Nov. 5 Prairie View A&M
Nov. 12 at Central Arkansas
Nov. 19 Sam Houston State

I am hearing Texas State has Texas Tech as an opening game in our newly upgraded stadium in 2012. We have University of Houston @ Houston in 2012. Our AD had conversation with SMDR and in catscradle mentions having scheduling conversations with 20 FBS teams in Conference USA, Mountain West and Sunbelt. The 2012 schedule will have almost an entire FBS schedule with maybe one FCS team.

TexasTerror
January 30th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I am hearing Texas State has Texas Tech as an opening game in our newly upgraded stadium in 2012. We have University of Houston @ Houston in 2012. Our AD had conversation with SMDR and in catscradle mentions having scheduling conversations with 20 FBS teams in Conference USA, Mountain West and Sunbelt. The 2012 schedule will have almost an entire FBS schedule with maybe one FCS team.

Have Texas Tech fans or media said anything about a game in San Marcos in 2012?

That would be a VERY significant 'get' for the Bobcat program and show that there is interest by major FBS programs to play in San Marcos, something that the school in San Antonio has already proven with Baylor, Kansas State, Arizona, Arizona State and Virginia.

If I am a Sun Belt school - particularly the ones in Louisiana and Arkansas State - I am scheduling TXST as quick as I can. Get into Texas on an annual basis besides the trip to NT. Cheap trip. I think the folks in Denton have too much to lose from a recruiting standpoint to play the Bobcats.

Panther88
January 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
What's the $$$ amount that PV is bringing in from this one? Can't imagine TXST is paying out more than $125 or $150k.

LD w/e 2010, the figure I was told was contract for 225K$. Currently, I don't know what those people are doing on PV's campus w/ regards to athletics.