PDA

View Full Version : New CSN Feature Begins: CSN Classic

CSN-info
January 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
College Sporting News has kicked off a new feature that takes a look back at FCS history by giving readers a look at columns from the past decade.

Our first offering, in the light of Auburn's recent BCS "championship," is a look at how the Tigers weren't so happy with the BCS system a few years earlier and how the Football Championship Subdivision system was and is better than the one offered by the big boys

There is also a look at the resignation, under pressure, of Tommy Tate as the coach at McNeese State and a middle-of-the-season preview of some key games around FCS in 2006.

Among them was the first trip back to Cedar Falls, Ia. for former UNI coach Terry Allen, who had become the coach at Missouri State after his firing from Kansas.

Frustrated Auburn coach wants I-A to make the switch

Oct. 6, 2006

By David Coulson
Executive Editor/Managing Partner
College Sporting News

I-AA football fans don't know how good they have it. When you're I-AA, you never have to listen to anyone squawk about how such foolishness as the Bowl Championship Series.

There may be debate every November about a team getting left out of the 16-team playoff field, but at least I-AA has a workable playoff system.

With the eminent change of names for I-A and I-AA football subdivisions to the Bowl Series and Championship Series subdivisions, a popular slogan that has been making the rounds is: "There is no BS in the CS."

Perhaps Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville might like to buy a t-shirt.

For the full column, click on the link below:
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?405-CSN-Classic-Why-The-Playoffs-Work