PDA

View Full Version : Interesting transfer recruit

nms1987
January 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
USC receiver Brice Butler has announced he will transfer from USC. He was a redshirt sophomore there last year, so I would assume he will try to transfer to the FCS (where he will have two years left) rather than the FBS (where he would have just one).

He is the son of a former Atlanta Falcons DB and was a 4-star recruit out of Norcross HS in suburban Atlanta. He picked USC over UGA, LSU, Florida, FSU, ect.
He caught 20 balls for almost 300 yards as a redshirt freshman but had only 9 catches for 112 yards as a sophomore, apparently he didn't fit Kiffin's offense as well as he fit Carroll's.

I'd love to see App pick him up. He is a tall, athletic receiver who has had some success against elite competition.
I could also imagine him winding up at Georgia State, Chattanooga or any school that will throw the ball around.

Tuscon
January 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
USC receiver Brice Butler has announced he will transfer from USC. He was a redshirt sophomore there last year, so I would assume he will try to transfer to the FCS (where he will have two years left) rather than the FBS (where he would have just one).

He is the son of a former Atlanta Falcons DB and was a 4-star recruit out of Norcross HS in suburban Atlanta. He picked USC over UGA, LSU, Florida, FSU, ect.
He caught 20 balls for almost 300 yards as a redshirt freshman but had only 9 catches for 112 yards as a sophomore, apparently he didn't fit Kiffin's offense as well as he fit Carroll's.

I'd love to see App pick him up. He is a tall, athletic receiver who has had some success against elite competition.
I could also imagine him winding up at Georgia State, Chattanooga or any school that will throw the ball around.

We've been talking about him over on our message boards all day and have pretty much come to the same conclusions. It makes a lot of sense for him to go FCS. We are very hopeful he wants to stay home and comes to GSU.

Cocky
January 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
He has been in touch with JSUs staff.

JSU02
January 28th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I heard he is favoring Jax State.

slostang
January 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I am hearing Cal Poly.

Fordham
January 29th, 2011, 07:29 AM
His brother is a senior captain of our hoops team.

bleedblue
February 5th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Latest on options from BB's Twitter page.

.@ArizStFanatic42 lookin at UD, jack st, richmond, liberty, P state, etc
12:49 AM Jan 29th via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to ArizStFanatic42

Not sure who P state is?

BJWerth
February 5th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Portland State = P State

bleedblue
February 5th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks.

Cocky
February 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Lets hope he wants to get back close to home.

Sly Fox
February 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Wow, didn't expect to see the Flames listed. Thanks for the heads up.