PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire hires Lyons as new Def Coordinator!

Wildcat80
January 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Very happy to get such an experienced coach! UNH's defense should stay on top!

http://www.nhfootballreport.com/2011/01/lyons_added_to_unh_staff.html

ngineer
January 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Interesting move considering his past 5 years as some private academy? He certainly has significant background via Dartmouth, but the job movement route seems a little odd. I hope he needs some time to get his 'scheme' in order before your visit to Goodman in September!

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 22nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Interesting move considering his past 5 years as some private academy? He certainly has significant background via Dartmouth, but the job movement route seems a little odd. I hope he needs some time to get his 'scheme' in order before your visit to Goodman in September!

Have no doubt, John Lyons will have his schemes in order in plenty of time. Lyons is about the best DC that UNH could have hoped to hire. After leaving Dartmouth, he coached at KUA, but during that time, he continued to coach in NFL-Europe until the league folded, taking a leave of absence each spring.

The man can coach and he will get it done. xthumbsupx

Green26
January 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Nice hire. Lyons is a good guy. Played d-back at Penn in the mid-70's, I believe. Sorta got screwed at Dartmouth, due largely to a change in admissions policy (causing less football recruits to get admitted). This came shortly after he coached Dartmouth to an undefeated season. Eventually, the wheels came off, and it was probably impossible for him and his staff to get them back on.