PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls Adds LA Tech to 2006 Schedule

TexasTerror
February 23rd, 2006, 04:58 PM
The Shreveport Times is reporting that Louisiana Tech will play Nicholls State on September 16th in Ruston, LA. This means the Colonels are up to nine announced games with two "money games", one in Lincoln, NE to play the Cornhuskers and the aforementioned game against the Techsters, who have 13 games (due to a road trip to Hawaii)...

Nicholls St
Sept 9th....@Nebraska
Sept 16th...@ Louisiana Tech
Sept 23rd...SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct 7th...SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Oct 14th...@ Sam Houston State
Oct 21st...NORTHWESTERN STATE
Nov 4th....@ Texas State - San Marcos
Nov 11th...STEPHEN F AUSTIN
Nov 18th...@ McNeese

mikebigg
February 24th, 2006, 12:37 AM
The Shreveport Times is reporting that Louisiana Tech will play Nicholls State on September 16th in Ruston, LA. This means the Colonels are up to nine announced games with two "money games", one in Lincoln, NE to play the Cornhuskers and the aforementioned game against the Techsters, who have 13 games (due to a road trip to Hawaii)...

Nicholls St
Sept 9th....@Nebraska
Sept 16th...@ Louisiana Tech
Sept 23rd...SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Oct 7th...SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
Oct 14th...@ Sam Houston State
Oct 21st...NORTHWESTERN STATE
Nov 4th....@ Texas State - San Marcos
Nov 11th...STEPHEN F AUSTIN
Nov 18th...@ McNeese

That's an impressive and highly competitive schedule. Don't sleep on the Colonels...they run that ground game and really get after it. I really hate that Grambling dropped them. I didn't make the Nichols game because of a prior commitment. I was pissed when we opted out of the return game.

I'm really hoping that the SWAC will release one of the mandated games so that Grambling can add a "Classic" game against a rotating La. team.