October 7th @ South Dakota State
October 14th @ UC Davis
October 21st @ Sam Houston St.
November 4th SOUTHERN ARKANSAS(HC) 6 pm
November 11 AUGUSTANA COLLEGE 6 pm
November 18th @ Georgia Southern

JoshUCA
February 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
LOL...looks like we posted it at the exact same time!

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
so what do you think of this schedule overall. We have four D2 schools in the mix. Besides that a solid group of 1-AA in our first time out.

JoshUCA
February 22nd, 2006, 01:17 PM
I agree. I really like the looks of this schedule, especially since it is our first hear as a provisional member of I-AA! Although Oct. 7-21 is going to be one heck of a journey for our Bears!

grizband
February 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1206

2006 UCA Football Schedule

August 31st HENDERSON ST. (Little Rock) 7 pm
September 9th @ Illinois State 6:30 pm
September 16th MISSOURI STATE 6 pm
September 23 @ Stephen F. Austin 6 pm
September 30 UNIV. SOUTH DAKOTA 1 pm
October 14th @ UC Davis
Not too bad for the I-AA teams. GSU is always a tough matchup, and SDSU shouldn't be a slouch this season either. The 3 D-II teams shouldn't pose a problem, since UCA isn't eligble for the playoffs this season anyways. What conference will UCA be playing in as a member of I-AA?

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Southland Conference. That is why I'm glad Sam Houston St. and Stephen F. Austin stepped up to the plate and played us this year.

grizband
February 22nd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Southland Conference. That is why I'm glad Sam Houston St. and Stephen F. Austin stepped up to the plate and played us this year.
So is UCA still a division II team this season? I thought you were starting 2006 as a I-AA.

JoshUCA
February 22nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
My understanding is that we for sure are no long D-II, but we are a provisional member of the Southland Conference for the next few years (i.e. we won't be eligible for postseason play for several years) and will be come a full-fledged member of the Southland when the probationary period is up...I forget when that will be...

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
well technically we are going to be 1-AA I thought. But this will be designated as our transitional year where everyone we play will have to count our game as a D2 opponent. And someone also mentioned all of our stats might go to D2 as well. But I can't remember if I heard that right, and that really wouldn't make any sense either. BUt like I said, I haev no clue on that.

SU Jag
February 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
I was very inpressed with UCA this past season! I watched them play North Alabama twice and their team, fans, and their stadium were all inpressive!:nod: You guys should do very well in the Southland.

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
thanks JAG, man those were 2 classics with UNA this year. Both very enjoyable and entertaining football games, no matter what level.

I believe we will be eligible for a Southland Conference championship beginning in the 2009 season. Someone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that though.

SU Jag
February 22nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
So what about player elgibility? The rules from d-2 to 1-aa are different. How is that going to effect players?

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
We have lost a couple of players already, and will likely lose one or two more over the summer if they don't their academics in shape. Our starting RB from last year, Willie Hopson, was one of those who fell under those guidelines and got help transferring out.

SU Jag
February 22nd, 2006, 02:01 PM
We have lost a couple of players already, and will likely lose one or two more over the summer if they don't their academics in shape. Our starting RB from last year, Willie Hopson, was one of those who fell under those guidelines and got help transferring out.

How are the guidelines different? I know that they are because I know a few "older" guys who play at UNA and they graduated high school around the same time I did! I checked the roster and they're listed as freshman.

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
as far as what the difference are, I haven't got aclue. So I hope others on here who know them would fill you and me both in. All I know is that the requirements are more strict in 1-AA than in D2 level as far as how you are progressing toward your degree.

SU Jag
February 22nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Where is Ralph when you need him?:confused:

Go...gate
February 22nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Looks like a nice schedule - how about a home-and home with a team from the Northeast?

Bear Fan 101
February 22nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
well if you are asking me, I don't have a problem with it at all. Even though for some reason it looks as if we are trying to make sure we schedule every team in South Dakota before we move on to another geographic region xlolx

Cap'n Cat
February 22nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Pretty solid skeddy.

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
UCA did one helluva job with their schedule this year. It's always tough considering the landscape of Div I scheduling (both I-A and I-AA) and considering they count as a Div II and got those games, incredible...

Tod
February 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
UCA did one helluva job with their schedule this year. It's always tough considering the landscape of Div I scheduling (both I-A and I-AA) and considering they count as a Div II and got those games, incredible...

And balls the size of cantaloupes!

Excellent schedule.

blackfordpu
February 22nd, 2006, 08:15 PM

2006 UCA Football Schedule

August 31st HENDERSON ST. (Little Rock) 7 pm
September 9th @ Illinois State 6:30 pm
September 16th MISSOURI STATE 6 pm
September 23 @ Stephen F. Austin 6 pm
September 30 UNIV. SOUTH DAKOTA 1 pm
October 14th @ UC Davis

Any of you UCA fans that come to Huntsville on Oct 21 be sure to swing by the tailgate and say hi!

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Man! My office is closed the week before for various reasons...

Maybe I can come back in for Homecoming and have to miss the UCA/SHSU game in Huntsville...

Would love to meet some of you UCA Bears. May have to hold off til you guys come to Hammond or Thibodaux...

February 22nd, 2006, 11:48 PM
2005-06 Exploratory (can still turn back)
2006-07 Provisional (on your way)
2007-08 Provisional
2008-09 Provisional
2009-10 Provisional
2010-11 Full D-I

NoCoDanny
February 23rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
If I understand correctly the exploratory year is a year where you make you intention to move up but continue to play the full D-II schedule. Then the first transitional year you play a mixed schedule of I-AA and II. This is followed by three years of full I-AA. I think for UCA it is:

05 - Exploratory year
06 - Transitional year one
07 - Transitional year two
08 - Transitional year three
09 - Transitional year four
10 - Play off eligible

For UNC it went:

02 - Exploratory year, played a full D-II schedule
03 - Played a mixed I-AA and D-II schedule
04 - Full I-AA schedule, not playoff eligible
05 - Full I-AA schedule, not playoff eligible
06 - Full I-AA schedule, not playoff eligible
07 - Playoff eligible

MaxBaer
February 23rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall!

89rabbit
February 23rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
well if you are asking me, I don't have a problem with it at all. Even though for some reason it looks as if we are trying to make sure we schedule every team in South Dakota before we move on to another geographic region xlolx

You just can't get enough of the Mt. Rushmore state, who can blame you? ;)

http://www.visitortips.com/images/gallery/destinations/usa/south_dakota/fullsize/mtrushmore.jpg

UCABEARS75
February 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Any of you UCA fans that come to Huntsville on Oct 21 be sure to swing by the tailgate and say hi!

I will be there with my little band of traveling Bears!

RabidRabbit
February 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Too bad only gets the wonderful Big Sioux valley farmlands to enjoy!

http://www.siouxfalls.org/Information/Photos.aspx

blackfordpu
February 24th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I will be there with my little band of traveling Bears!

Be sure to swing by katfans.com and meet all of the die hard Kat fans before the game. I am sure Kats89 and Kats86 would like you to come by the tailgate and say hi.

Pantherpower
February 24th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Nice schedule, UCA. Visited your campus last fall. Loved it! Lots of historical similarities to UNI, including football. Best of luck to you. Who knows?? Maybe pantherpower will be working for UCA one day....

Purple Pride
March 2nd, 2006, 07:50 AM
Hey ya'll, I've got a good one for you. UCA won the Gulf South Conference last season. The comissioner Nate Salant, Esquire, is so upset about UCA leaving the GSC that he wouldn't even show up to present the trophy. The University got it about 2 weeks ago...in the mail.

Bear Fan 101
March 2nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Nice schedule, UCA. Visited your campus last fall. Loved it! Lots of historical similarities to UNI, including football. Best of luck to you. Who knows?? Maybe pantherpower will be working for UCA one day....

Thanks for the kind words! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that you would come to work at UCA?

kats89
March 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Hey ya'll, I've got a good one for you. UCA won the Gulf South Conference last season. The comissioner Nate Salant, Esquire, is so upset about UCA leaving the GSC that he wouldn't even show up to present the trophy. The University got it about 2 weeks ago...in the mail.

Even a better reason to be leaving. Sounds like that dude needs take some classes in professionalism.

MaxBaer
March 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
so what do you think of this schedule overall?

I think 6 - 5 (or could be 8 - 3 with wins over usd and sds)