PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Conference Realignment

TheValleyRaider
January 8th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Now that the 2010 season is finally over (xsmiley_wix), let's start talking about 2011

I just want to make sure I'm clear on the conference shifts going into effect for 2011. Right now I have:
Old Dominion to CAA
Lamar to Southland

Other moves I know for 2012 are:
UTSA and Texas State to WAC
Georgia State to CAA
UND, Cal Poly, UCD and Southern Utah to Big Sky
South Dakota to Missouri Valley

What's the deal with Savannah State? I know they are a provisional member of the MEAC, but at what point will they become a full member? Will they even become a full member?

I don't want this thread to be for speculation about future moves, just discussion about moves that are already signed off on

superman7515
January 8th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Savannah State becomes a full member of the MEAC on Sept. 1 if they meet the requirements for scholarships, budget, and staffing.

FargoBison
January 9th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Now that the 2010 season is finally over (xsmiley_wix), let's start talking about 2011

I just want to make sure I'm clear on the conference shifts going into effect for 2011. Right now I have:
Old Dominion to CAA
Lamar to Southland

Other moves I know for 2012 are:
UTSA and Texas State to WAC
Georgia State to CAA
UND, Cal Poly, UCD and Southern Utah to Big Sky
South Dakota to Missouri Valley

What's the deal with Savannah State? I know they are a provisional member of the MEAC, but at what point will they become a full member? Will they even become a full member?

I don't want this thread to be for speculation about future moves, just discussion about moves that are already signed off on

I don't think the Big Sky or MVFC are adding those teams until 2012.

superman7515
January 9th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Also North Carolina Central should be a full MEAC member next season, they were doing a provisional year this past season.

TexasTerror
January 9th, 2011, 08:18 AM
TXST is not a football member of the Southland Conference... essentially.

They will play a league schedule due to their late notification and the league's interests in protecting themselves from a late drop and doing a favor for TXST in light of this.

Games against TXST will not count towards league standings, though a win over TXST will count for a Div I win, of course.

TXST will be a league member in all other sports.

1andDone
January 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Technically USA is moving up from Uncalssified to FCS Transitional

MplsBison
January 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Savannah State becomes a full member of the MEAC on Sept. 1 if they meet the requirements for scholarships, budget, and staffing.

Is that likely to happen? Honest question.

From everything I've ever read on Savannah St athletics...it's about as bungled of a program as you can get.

busybee14
January 10th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I think URI is heading to the NEC

superman7515
January 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Is that likely to happen? Honest question.

From everything I've ever read on Savannah St athletics...it's about as bungled of a program as you can get.

From what I'm told it should be a go by this fall, the only thing that's currently holding them up is a plan to upgrade the football stadium. They've apparently got their budget & staffing issues fixed and increased football scholarships to 58.

TheValleyRaider
January 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I think URI is heading to the NEC

But that doesn't happen until 2012, I think

panama
January 11th, 2011, 06:09 PM
But that doesn't happen until 2012, I think