PDA

View Full Version : Congrats EWU

cowboy91
January 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Just got back into town, just wanted to congratulate EWU for winning the national title. Didn't think they had much of a chance but I am not at all shocked that they won the ball game.

Thanks for the 3 weeks of talk, EWU fans, it was fun. No shame in losing to a team that proved that they were obviously better.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you. xsmileyclapx

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the post. Appreciate the props. It's not often fans can take the loss of their team with class. You ruffled some feathers, but stuck true to your word you'd give credit if it was due. Hope we have the opportunity to banter about the same thing next year. (Maybe then, even Taiwan Jones can earn your respect;)).

cowboy91
January 8th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I only said that to get you guys fired up, I'm sure Jones is a great back.

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cowboy, I should have never doubted that you would show up to "take your medicine' like a man

nice job xnodx

Hammerhead
January 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Congrats! The Eagles are a great team down the stretch at the end of the game.

F'N Hawks
January 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Congratulations to Eastern Washington, they were truly a team of destiny! xhurrayx

See you in two years!

THE HERD
January 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Congrats to EWU! If we had to lose at least we lost to the best team in the country. Nobody was giving you much of a chance, way to prove em wrong and knock the mighty CAA down a notch. Maybe we won't hear how utterly superior they are for awhile now.

UNH72Plus
January 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Great game, congrats EWU. That kid Kaufman is a player. A couple of his catches reminded me of David Ball from a few years ago. How many starters will be back next year?

Walkon79
January 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Just got back into town, just wanted to congratulate EWU for winning the national title. Didn't think they had much of a chance but I am not at all shocked that they won the ball game.

Thanks for the 3 weeks of talk, EWU fans, it was fun. No shame in losing to a team that proved that they were obviously better.

My opinion of you changed a little with just these few sentences, Cowboy! But is this just a temporary lull in Big Sky bashing?

Only time will tell.

srgrizizen
January 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I didn't think we'd see you back here, Cowboy. Glad to admit I was wrong about that one. So, you are not as big a jerk as you liked to pretend in order to rile people up, but I don't see why you'd go so far out of your way to leave that impression. I guess I should make a gracious admission, too: We in the BSC only play defense in the fourth quarter -- or whenever it's absolutely necessary in order to win.

dudeitsaid
January 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Great game, congrats EWU. That kid Kaufman is a player. A couple of his catches reminded me of David Ball from a few years ago. How many starters will be back next year?

My understanding is 18. It could be another great year, especially since most of our big playmakers are coming back next year. Hopefully next year, we can play a few more games where the outcome isn't in question with under 2 minutes left. Of course, that will be tough with Montana State's rise, and Montana's undoubted recovery. Plus, Weber, NAU, Sac State, and even Northern Colorado are improving every year and making the Big Sky a very challenging place to play. Contrary to the belief of some, it really isn't a conference of cupcakes. Unless things change at Portland St and Idaho St, those are the only two games that should be relatively "easy".

Screamin_Eagle174
January 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
My understanding is 18. It could be another great year, especially since most of our big playmakers are coming back next year. Hopefully next year, we can play a few more games where the outcome isn't in question with under 2 minutes left. Of course, that will be tough with Montana State's rise, and Montana's undoubted recovery. Plus, Weber, NAU, Sac State, and even Northern Colorado are improving every year and making the Big Sky a very challenging place to play. Contrary to the belief of some, it really isn't a conference of cupcakes. Unless things change at Portland St and Idaho St, those are the only two games that should be relatively "easy".

16. We lose TE Matt Martin and OL Nikolai Meyers on offense, CB Jesse Hoffman, CB Dante Calcote, DT Tyler Jolley, and the biggest loss, LB J.C. Sherritt on defense.

dudeitsaid
January 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I knew we had six seniors at the championship game, but swore I saw a quote from a coach that 18 would be back. I thought maybe they were including the punter (who is a senior) and one of our two field goal kickers. But upon looking at the roster, neither were seniors. So I prolly saw the number wrong. Either way, it's going to be a heck of a team next year as long as everyone stays healthy. It hurts to lose a player like Sherritt, but it just seems someone steps up on the team and becomes a standout when needed. As cool as next year will be, I am still just geeked out about the NC. Can't wait for the DVD's to come out. Just ordered mine today.

clawman
January 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM

Looking at the 2 deep chart we loose 9 seniors of the 44 players on offense and defense. There are 11 juniors on the O and D 2 deep chart collectively.