PDA

View Full Version : $$ for playoffs/championships??

EWashEagle
January 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Do any of you know if the NCAA provides a monetary benefit for playoff and championship FCS teams?

McNeese72
January 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Nope. All they do is pay for some of the traveling expenses for the visiting teams.

Doc

GAD
January 9th, 2011, 06:47 AM
No but enrollment, season tickets, and merchandise sales usually increase

Proud Griz Man
January 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
No payment, I think just token expense reimbursement.

As stated in other threads, the playoffs are expensive and the expansion to 20 teams will increase the losses. xtwocentsx

MplsBison
January 9th, 2011, 02:22 PM
No payment, I think just token expense reimbursement.

As stated in other threads, the playoffs are expensive and the expansion to 20 teams will increase the losses. xtwocentsx

Unless more of the top attendance schools can host more games. The thanksgiving weekend is a terrible weekend for FCS football, though. But not really anything they can do about it.

mikebigg
January 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Unless more of the top attendance schools can host more games. The thanksgiving weekend is a terrible weekend for FCS football, though. But not really anything they can do about it.

Interesting... I wonder why they don't delay the start one week until the students come back?

TexasTerror
January 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Interesting... I wonder why they don't delay the start one week until the students come back?

Due to the financial ramifications.

Instead of 20 teams sticking around for Thanksgiving, you could potentially expand that base by another 10-12 teams who think they have a chance at playoff eligibility. FCS is "cost contained" Division I football or at least, is supposed to be.

A school like Jacksonville would've kept their kids around and still practicing, thinking they had a chance at a playoff berth. More financially and competitively feasible to start the playoffs the week after the season ends.