PDA

View Full Version : How was Frisco?

Milktruck74
January 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM
How did the town embrace the game? Did it have a National Championship feel? I would love to hear from UD fans that went to Chatty and Frisco. The crowd on TV appeared larger than I expected, but was that editing?

DFW HOYA
January 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Better crowd than I expected--Delaware filled the stands between the 20s, EWU between the 30s. Fewer local folks, but the Cotton Bowl had something to do with that. Temperature in the low 50's by game time, but otherwise fine.

20 minutes straight down the Tollway back home--for someone who has to fly to nearly every I-AA game on his calendar...not bad.

Post game coverage minimal as ESPN has switched to all-Jim Harbaugh coverage for the next 12 hours.

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Attendance didn't look much different than I would expect in Chatty. EWU might have had more than they would have in TN.

Dallas Demon
January 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Great atmosphere, fans seemed to have a great time. Each side looked full except towards the ends and the one end zone was empty. Crowd got very loud especially in the 4th quarter. LSU/Texas A&M was the worst possible setup going head-to-head.

All of the Delaware fans I sampled indicated they liked the Frisco setup much better. I'm sure there are opposing views, but of those I sampled didn't indicate so.

PantherRob82
January 8th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Did Frisco have any sour grapes? It seems like Chatty has a ton. ;)

chrisattsu
January 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I agree with this sentiment. I walked around both sides to talk fans. Hey were having a good time.

Milktruck74
January 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Did Frisco have any sour grapes? It seems like Chatty has a ton. ;)

I think Chatty has a legit gripe. You forget that Chattanooga took that game when no one else wanted it. Chattanooga did everything the NCAA asked and built the game up to what it is and the NCAA ripped it away from them. It's not sour grapes, its the realization that LOYALTY is a one way street with the NCAA.

DFW HOYA
January 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure loyalty carries much weight with the NCAA, but aside from the Frisco bid, there probably were concerns raised from some schools and conferences that Dallas was a more centrally located opportunity than Chattanooga, particularly from those beyond driving means.

Redhawk2010
January 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I think Chatty has a legit gripe. You forget that Chattanooga took that game when no one else wanted it. Chattanooga did everything the NCAA asked and built the game up to what it is and the NCAA ripped it away from them. It's not sour grapes, its the realization that LOYALTY is a one way street with the NCAA.

World smallest violin playing for ya.. GET OVER IT

MplsBison
January 8th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Everyone is thankful for what Chatty did, but it's time to see if we can't grow this thing in the national perception a little bit. Chatty can't do that for the game.

McNeese72
January 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM

If Chattanooga wants it back, all they have to do is outbid Frisco and everyone else next time it comes open for bidding. Very simple.

Doc

bluehenbillk
January 8th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Frisco did an OK job IMO. The pregame and the Tailgate Town were very well done. The PA system needs to be cranked up a few decibles and the concessions were completely overwhelmed and unprepared for the crowds. But overall I was happy with Frisco and hey, they had a Chamber of Commerce weather day.

SoCon48
January 8th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Time to pack the FCS bags & move up.

Go right ahead if you can find a decent conference.

cmaxwellgsu
January 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Attendance didn't look much different than I would expect in Chatty. EWU might have had more than they would have in TN.

I disagree. It would be just as easy and probably cheaper to fly into Atlanta. From there it's only an hour more of driving.

Redhawk2010
January 9th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I disagree. It would be just as easy and probably cheaper to fly into Atlanta. From there it's only an hour more of driving.

Cheaper to fly into Atlanta than to fly into Fort Worth? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if they would fly through Fort Worth to get to Atlanta anyway..