January 7th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Post your thoughts.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Post your thoughts.

EWU is in trouble...

Chemhen
January 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
UD looks strong, but they've left points on the field. EWU's had a couple of unlucky breaks so far.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Delaware is off to a good start, but the missed extra point still hurts. EWU is showing some flashes of brilliance, they are just having trouble stringing them together. Big missed PI call on Delaware's last drive, but at least the refs caught the offsides that nullified the interception/fumble recovery by EWU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 06:56 PM
EWU better come up with a stop. Their defense has to be getting tired.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Devlin is an NFL-quality QB here. Very impressive.

I-16Bandit
EWU is in trouble...

My thoughts exactly.

GSU Eagle
Delaware is dominating the game. EWU needs a turnover to turn momentum.

wapiti
January 7th, 2011, 07:03 PM
This thread seems pretty quiet for the championship game currently in play.
Anyone have a score for me??

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
This thread seems pretty quiet for the championship game currently in play.
Anyone have a score for me??

12-0 Delaware

Chemhen
January 7th, 2011, 07:05 PM
12-0 UD, 6 min to go in the 2nd. Delaware has scored on each possession so far, but EWU is starting to firm up against the run.

wapiti
January 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM
12-0 Delaware
I thought yahoo's game tracker was wrong. It told me 27-0 Delware with 14:55 left in the 4th.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I thought yahoo's game tracker was wrong. It told me 27-0 Delware with 14:55 left in the 4th.

Maybe a sign of things to come? ;-)

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Problem is - I've seen more fans at a typical Lafayette College game than I see here.

Chemhen
January 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Hopefully its just in the future. :)

Cocky
January 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
My prediction looks bad and the game needs to go back to Chattanooga.

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
EWU continues to struggle.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 07:13 PM
What is going on with Eastern Washington?? Or.. Not going on??

Franks Tanks
January 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Is Biden drunk?

GSU Eagle
Very few shots of the stands or crowds except closeups of very small segments. That pretty much tells me the crowd is not very good.

Go Lehigh TU owl
What is going on with Eastern Washington?? Or.. Not going on??

UD's defense is very, very good.

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think Biden just walked up to the booth from the local bar.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Big stop by EWU's D...but again their offense just can't get it going.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
UD's defense is very, very good.

It is looking like Eastern Washington is not very good on either side...

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
UD seems content to let the half run out.

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Where did Keeler's sunglasses go?

CaliHen
January 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM

my thoughts exactly. that was pretty classic. "boom, boom, boom, bang!".

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 07:29 PM

I think he's earned himself the right to tailgate a little before the game. He seems to be a good luck charm for the Hens.

doolittledog
January 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM
The sidelines look almost full to me, with the endzone with hardly anyone in them. Not a horrible crowd at all. That said, with a 21,193 capacity...maybe 15k - 17k actually there???

bulldog
January 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I don't think Biden was drunk. I think he's like that all the time. When asked by one of the sportscasters what the thought of the game, his reply, "This is a big f***ing deal," was classic. It's deja vu all over again.

DJOM
January 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Devlin looks very impressive. I am not impressed with Biden. He is the Vice-President of the United States. He just kept babbling during play on the field. Like we would be impressed by what he was talking about.

Chemhen
January 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I like Biden, but I tuned in to watch the game, not listen to him.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
looks like more hen fans in Frisco than at the UNH game

DJOM
Exactly. Well put, Chemhen. Nice helmet.

BlueHenSinfonian
I like Biden, but I tuned in to watch the game, not listen to him.

To his credit he tried to just stop talking and watch a few times, but the announcers kept pulling him back in trying to talk about his feelings on the FCS vs. BCS championship systems. I like the fact that Biden doesn't hide in luxury boxes during the games either, he sits right out there in the cold with the other fans. He's a true fan of the game and the Hens.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2011, 07:38 PM
To his credit he tried to just stop talking and watch a few times, but the announcers kept pulling him back in trying to talk about his feelings on the FCS vs. BCS championship systems. I like the fact that Biden doesn't hide in luxury boxes during the games either, he sits right out there in the cold with the other fans. He's a true fan of the game and the Hens.
Give Biden credit for promoting FCS. What other vice president has ever attended the Division I National Football Championship game?

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Is Biden drunk?

Hopefully, it's from old school Yuengling or PBR - on tap, of course.

Maybe someone forgot to clean the cold box. Shame.

Tod
January 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM
As far as the game goes, Delaware is obviously very good, like we didn't know that. But, EWU is fortunate to be down by only 12 points at the half. It's still a game, let's see what halftime adjustments can do, if anything.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Blue Hens are just too strong. They're playing conservatively but I can see them breaking this wide open for a clean double-digit win.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:51 PM
EWU interception!

I-16Bandit
Intercepted.

EWU Ball. Hopefully they can do something with this...

Go Lehigh TU owl
Blue Hens are just too strong. They're playing conservatively but I can see them breaking this wide open for a clean double-digit win.

Bad break there. They're almost playing too conservative imo. I can't figure out why they don't take any shots downfield.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
And it goes the other way . . . .

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 07:53 PM
UD gets it right back. They need to put EWU out of their misery.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 07:54 PM
UD gets it right back. They need to put EWU out of their misery.

Unfortunaly, I agree.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 07:56 PM
East Coast Bias from a die-hard Patriot League fan here. So what else is new? Blue Hens will win this going away. Even LC could beat these guys.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM
East Coast Bias from a die-hard Patriot League fan here. So what else is new? Blue Hens will win this going away. Even LC could beat these guys.

Looks like the trend will continue, beat the PL rep in the playoffs and win the title.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Looks like the trend will continue, beat the PL rep in the playoffs and win the title.

It should be a requirement for the championship game.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Who are the Eastern Washington Rockets?

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'll go ahead and say Congrats Delaware. You were clearly the better team tonight.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'll go ahead and say Congrats Delaware. You were clearly the better team tonight.

Ugh..

And cue all of the "What if..." ideas in my head....now.

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
EWU finally puts a drive together. That looked easy enough -- 80 yards in about 5 plays.

SonuvaHenx2
Touchdown EWU.
Finally got something to work on offense.
UD's D seemed softer than usual on that drive.

I-16Bandit
TD EWU!

Going for 2...

Go Lehigh TU owl
Well EWU shows some fight at least. It's amazing what happens when you throw the ball downfield.

I'll be interested to see how UD approaches their next offensive possession.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'll be interested to see how UD approaches their next offensive possession.

They'll run it up the middle for good yardage just like they have all game.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Close up crowd shots are so embarrassing. No one is there.

FCS championship games ought to be played at the Yale Bowl from now on.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
EWU could benifit from a turnover.

Of course, they were given the chance before, but gave it right back.

Bogus Megapardus
January 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM
ESPN's BCS Bowl promos add insult to injury.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM

It looks like the stands are [student section] and other small groups of fans spread out all over the place.
No way this game has even 10k in attendance.

UNHFan
January 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Only come back here for UNH game but can some one hear explain the 2pt conversion??? Down 13... kick Extra point down 12.. (this has longer term meaning) what did possible 11 do for EW??? Please teach me

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Only come back here for UNH game but can some one hear explain the 2pt conversion??? Down 13... kick Extra point down 12.. (this has longer term meaning) what did possible 11 do for EW??? Please teach me

I think they thought they might still be desperate for more momentum. Getting two there would have been big for their offensive confidence in a comeback.
I also did a double-take when I saw them line up for 2.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Two touchdowns with 2 point conversions would have put them within a field goal. Two with extra points they still need another touchdown, even if they miss the conversion (Which they did) they could still take the lead with two more TDs with extra points.

hawkineer
January 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Here's my take: 8 + 8 (TD+2) + 3 (FG) = 19

UNHFan
January 7th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I get your point..I just deleted my post... Congrats to you guys I have argued time and time again your the class off FCS.. and you havent let me down..... But if Coach Mac had 1/2 a brain he would have put Decker in 2nd half.. and we would hav...... I KID I KID (Triumph insult comic dog) Congrats :)

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I gotta say, Delaware is very impressive. I figured the game would be close if Eastern could pressure with their front 4, but its not happening.

Ivytalk
January 7th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hens D needs to come up big.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Gotta tighten up and apply some more pressure...

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Makes you think, why didnt Eastern just throw the ball from the get go. Then again you would never go for those 4th downs early.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
This is suddenly a close game, Delaware came into the second half thinking they already won, we need to score again and build this lead back up.

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
This is suddenly a close game, Delaware came into the second half thinking they already won, we need to score again and build this lead back up.

Probably some of that and some of Eastern just picking up the intensity.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
HUGE 3rd down here. UD blitzing the past few plays seems to have worked decently.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Well that was a generous spot...

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM
xbangxxbangxxbangx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM
It looked like he had to get inside the 22, not to the 22 for the first down.

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Bull****.

You cannot measure after the chains have been moved. It's completely inaccurate.

Stupid *** referees

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Bull****.

You cannot measure after the chains have been moved. It's completely inaccurate.

Stupid *** referees

Now both teams feel like they got screwed.

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
EWU TOUCHDOWN!!

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Wheres that Delaware secondary I heard so much about, looks like a typical big sky secondary, Eagles should have just thrown it all game.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Well that's absolute bull****.
Congrats EWU, the refs just handed you the lead.

GtFllsGriz
January 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Imagine if the Eags would have played for four quarters instead on one.

CaliHen
January 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
this is unreal. someone dropped a few ambiens in UD's drinking water at halftime.

eaglewraith
Now both teams feel like they got screwed.

There was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

You also couldn't tell at what exact point he was down to figure out the exact spot. The spot of the ball is the least overturned review there is, it's just impossible to get enough evidence to change the position of the ball. And you definitely can't justify a respot and a remeasure after everything has already been moved downfield.

I-16Bandit
this is unreal. someone dropped a few ambiens in UD's drinking water at halftime.

Bring on the excuses. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wheres that Delaware secondary I heard so much about, looks like a typical big sky secondary, Eagles should have just thrown it all game.

UD secondary can be had. I would say it's definitely their weakness. I don't understand why they got so conservative on offense. They have a great QB like Devlin but they never throw the ball down field. They could have went for the kill shot but never did.

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM
And that measurement just shows how innacurate the yellow line is. EWU wasn't handed anything.

parr90
January 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
That great coach of yours (del) should have kept running the damn ball instead of throwing it when he didnt need to . Had you kept running the ball, and yall were having your way doing it, you wouldnt be in this position right now. By the way where are his shades? Dont think Ive ever seen him without the shades. Hahahaha.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Game over EWU wins!!

Keeler lost this game for UD imo.

SonuvaHenx2
Congratulations, SoCon referees, you just gave away the national championship game.

eaglewraith
GO EAGLES

superman7515
Congrats Eastern Washington

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Yup looked like a typical Big Fluffy finish, Delaware is a great team though, Devlin will shine in the NFL.

MSU_77
January 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Great game.

parr90
January 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Congratulations, SoCon referees, you just gave away the national championship game.

Give it a rest man. Blame it on something else at least.

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM

Nope.

The last measurement during UD's last drive showed how inaccurate the yellow line was on the field. If you were using that as your basis then it was way off. The right call was made, it's impossible to correctly overturn that kind of call, they shouldn't have even tried.

And if you want to blame someone, blame your team for not manning up in the second half...instead of worrying about one call you should be worried about the other 29:59 in the second half.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Nope.

The last measurement during UD's last drive showed how inaccurate the yellow line was on the field. If you were using that as your basis then it was way off. The right call was made, it's impossible to correctly overturn that kind of call, they shouldn't have even tried.

And if you want to blame someone, blame your team for not manning up in the second half...instead of worrying about one call you should be worried about the other 29:59 in the second half.

I agree that the yellow line isn't accurate.
But the bad spot on 4th down giving EWU 1st down led to their last touchdown instead of giving Delaware the ball. Big difference in the outcome of the game there.

GrizzlyEdd
January 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
EWU Eagles NATIONAL CHAMPS... Big Sky Conference...... YA BABY..... IN YO FACE CAA.....

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Congrats to EWU - you made it work in that second half. For us, wow, what a disappointing end to what started out as a great game.

bulldog
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Delaware is an embarrassment to the CAA.

fball27

Bull*****. That call was good. Conrats EWU. Great Game. Bo Mitchell came through for you.

boonegoon
January 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Sour grapes

GtFllsGriz
If EWU showed up to play the whole game it wouldn't have been close. Congrats EWU! You made that weak Big Fluffy look ......ok. Nothing like the CAA of course, but you did alright.

BlueHenSinfonian
Bull*****. That call was good. Conrats EWU. Great Game. Bo Mitchell came through for you.

It was a very questionable call, but Delaware stopped playing at the half. With the lead we came in with, we should have never let it get as close as it did where that call mattered. Perry is gone after this year, right?

Tuscon
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Delaware is an embarrassment to the CAA.

I wouldn't call them an embarrassment. They made it that far, they just let the game go in the second half. EWU finally showed up, and UD dipped out.

semobison
January 7th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Congrats Eagles, National champs on another great comeback! I thought you guys were done for...again!

soccerguy315
January 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
congrats are due to EWU!

impressive collapse by Delaware.

jmufan
January 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Congrats to EWU, after watching you after beating 'Nova, I knew you guys had the tools to win it all. With that said I did want a CAA win, at the same time, after the whining of Keeler and some of the UD fans being extremely annoying (after the JMU game where Delvin got his bell rung), it really is poetic justice. ahhhhh.....the chickens join the ranks of VT of Chokies....Enjoy the win because this will do wonders for your football program.

zymergy
January 7th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Extra point means overtime. UD just didn't play 2nd half as well as first.

Congrats to EWU.

Go Cats
grats to the eagles that was a fun game to watch!

eaglewraith
I agree that the yellow line isn't accurate.
But the bad spot on 4th down giving EWU 1st down led to their last touchdown instead of giving Delaware the ball. Big difference in the outcome of the game there.

How was it a bad spot? It was pretty close. There's a guy on our board who is an official himself and said he thought it might have been off by half a football, but there's no way to prove it. Bad spots happen.

You should be worried about your team not accomplishing anything in the rest of the 2nd half. That's what lost you the game. Not that one call.

dwtime
Congrats EWU, nice comeback. Great to see a new team win the FCS National Championship,

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
impressive collapse by Delaware.

Immpressive comeback by the Eagles.

Congrats to Eastern Washington on winning the National Chamionship!

jmufan
January 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
How was it a bad spot? It was pretty close. There's a guy on our board who is an official himself and said he thought it might have been off by half a football, but there's no way to prove it. Bad spots happen.

You should be worried about your team not accomplishing anything in the rest of the 2nd half. That's what lost you the game. Not that one call.

This is true, the refs gave EWU a great spot. The player looked short to me. But what is done is done.

SpidersSportsEditor
January 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Delaware coaches are to blame for this loss. For some reason they went slow and soft in the second half. They could have put EWU away if they stayed aggressive, but they were content to run clock and rely on the defense. Credit EWU for executing on offense, but if Delaware doesn't call off the dogs and tries to score 40 instead of running extra clock, I doubt that comeback is ever possible.

Bet Keeler leaves within days. Must have had his mind on other things...

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM
It's ok Delaware. You can blame Georgia Southern for "the refs costing you" the game.

If we hadn't of fumbled all day against you, then you wouldn't have been playing tonight to worry about the refs. :)

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM

It seemed like an entirely different team after the half. I wonder if Keeler might have told them team he plans on leaving... Either way, I guess I won't be too sorry to see him go now.

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Delaware coaches are to blame for this loss. For some reason they went slow and soft in the second half. They could have put EWU away if they stayed aggressive, but they were content to run clock and rely on the defense. Credit EWU for executing on offense, but if Delaware doesn't call off the dogs and tries to score 40 instead of running extra clock, I doubt that comeback is ever possible.

Couldn't have said it better. KC just broke CAA hearts everywhere with that 2nd half "mal-adjustment". xchinscratchx

Where is he bound, do you think?

eaglewraith
January 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM
It seemed like an entirely different team after the half. I wonder if Keeler might have told them team he plans on leaving... Either way, I guess I won't be too sorry to see him go now.

Wow that didn't take long.

ur2k
January 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Agree. But hell of a comeback by EWU. Congrats on the win.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Wow that didn't take long.

Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow, but that was just an awful ending to this game.

forumcrew
January 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Crap, EWU was given the last 3 games. Neither team was physical at all, Bison win it all if they weren't screwed at EWU.

forumcrew
January 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow, but that was just an awful ending to this game.

You guys got screwed

parr90
January 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Crap, EWU was given the last 3 games. Neither team was physical at all, Bison win it all if they weren't screwed at EWU.

No they wouldnt Georgia Southern would have had they not given Del all those fumbles, there option O would have run wild on the EWU defense.

I-16Bandit

xviolinx

BlueHenSinfonian
You guys got screwed

Nah, we just stopped playing at the half, I won't take anything away from EWU's great comeback. Now I know how Montana fans must feel.

dwtime
January 7th, 2011, 09:47 PM
You guys got screwed

Insightful post Skippy, now time to get back to playing your Xbox......xeyebrowx

Go Cats
January 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Nah, we just stopped playing at the half, I won't take anything away from EWU's great comeback. Now I know how Montana fans must feel.

class act!

mtbigdog
January 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM
xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

semobison
January 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
EWU took this game from Delaware just like they did to us in the quarters! Thats why they are national champs!

Tod
January 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Juuuuuuusssst...Congrats to EWU!!!!!!!!! Screaming and high-fiving as if it were the Griz!

mtbigdog
January 7th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Big Sky Fluffy rolls over two CAA teams in a row! Oh I forgot you let them win. Congrats EWU!

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM

+1 respect. Class act indeed.

LehighGuy
January 7th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I wish I was at this game to see all the obnoxious Delaware fans walking out with their heads down and their BIG MOUTHS SHUT! Grown 55 year-old men, hammered off PBR, crying and regretting spending an entire month's paycheck to go watch that Sunglasshole BLOW the National Championship!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Screamin_Eagle174
January 7th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Juuuuuuusssst...Congrats to EWU!!!!!!!!! Screaming and high-fiving as if it were the Griz!

:D WOOOO!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
January 7th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Big Sky Fluffy rolls over two CAA teams in a row! Oh I forgot you let them win. Congrats EWU!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
xviolinx

+1

Griz0383
January 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Crew, EWU had 5 or 6 Turn overs against NDSU and still beat the bison! How can a official make any difference with those negative numbers in a championship series game? I will predict that NDSU will win a NC in the near future! NDSU is a great team! EWU has totally redeemed the BSC by beating 2 CAA teams! WELL DONE EGALES! National Champs!

b_f_c_99
January 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Exactly..............

Keeper
January 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxh urrayxxhurrayx

WAY TO GO EAGLES

Best in Washington state by far.

It seems so surreal, EWU National Champs xcoolx

bulldog
January 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't call them an embarrassment.

Sorry, I just couldn't come up with a more fitting name. "Steaming Pile?"

By the way, the "c" comes before the "s" In Tucson. I can only assume your name refers to the city in Arizona.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxh urrayxxhurrayx

WAY TO GO EAGLES

Best in Washington state by far.

It seems so surreal, EWU National Champs xcoolx

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!

bulldog
January 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM

Ya' think?

ASUSMC
January 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hairplugs Biden is very upset at this moment!

Both teams had prolonged bursts of greatness during the game, but EWU captured the lightning at the pivotal time. Delaware looked like a formidable FBS team in the first half. A conservative approach can be a killer down the stretch. I can't understand for the life of me why they would not run the ball more. They were killing EWU with the run! Keeler is a good coach but he really made poor decisions tonight in the 2nd half.

Congrats to EWU on a stunning and great win. I was pulling for you guys. Bo Levi Mitchell is a LEADER!

pbr1893
January 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I wish I was at this game to see all the obnoxious Delaware fans walking out with their heads down and their BIG MOUTHS SHUT! Grown 55 year-old men, hammered off PBR, crying and regretting spending an entire month's paycheck to go watch that Sunglasshole BLOW the National Championship!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

hey!!! you can knock the hens...just keep my beloved PBR outta the conversation! it's not the beer, but the guys mouth attached to the end of the beer that causes the problem!xsmiley_wix

clawman
January 8th, 2011, 06:23 AM

It's all a matter of perspective

clawman
January 8th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Ahemm, you were saying??

clawman
January 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Two touchdowns with 2 point conversions would have put them within a field goal. Two with extra points they still need another touchdown, even if they miss the conversion (Which they did) they could still take the lead with two more TDs with extra points.

which they DID!!!

clawman
January 8th, 2011, 06:38 AM

Don t know how it looked on TV but it is an AWESOME place to attend a game.
There was a really good crowd. I was surprised how many locals at this game.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2011, 08:29 AM

cant fault you to much as many Hen fans were celebrating about this time

Tuscon
January 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I just couldn't come up with a more fitting name. "Steaming Pile?"

By the way, the "c" comes before the "s" In Tucson. I can only assume your name refers to the city in Arizona.

I'm aware of how to spell Tucson, AZ. It's a nickname and it's misspelled on purpose.

LEHIGH61
January 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Congratulations EWU. The refs almost took it away from YOU before making the right call. And, by the way, the crybaby Delaware fans always blame the refs. At hiome games, they boo EVERY SINGLE REFEREE CALL AGAINST THEM. Every single call, whether obviously correct, or not. Keeler said he had never experienced a loss like it. Well, join the crowd, frontrunner!

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Congratulations EWU. The refs almost took it away from YOU before making the right call. And, by the way, the crybaby Delaware fans always blame the refs. At hiome games, they boo EVERY SINGLE REFEREE CALL AGAINST THEM. Every single call, whether obviously correct, or not. Keeler said he had never experienced a loss like it. Well, join the crowd, frontrunner!

Well, they are only 30 minutes from Philly....nothing wrong with passionate fans

bulldog
January 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm aware of how to spell Tucson, AZ. It's a nickname and it's misspelled on purpose.

Cool by me. I'm not trying to be the grammar cop. Just trying to be helpful in case the spelling wasn't intentional.

I was playing pool once with a guy in a pool hall and noticed the tattoo on his wrist. I asked him what a "Wild Angle" was and he said, "it's pronounced "Angel." I just smiled and said, "Oh."

Sooooooo..... again, I wasn't trying to be hateful, just helpful.

UMass922
January 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Extra point means overtime.

Not true. If UD had made the XP in the first quarter, then EWU wouldn't have gone for two on their first TD (so it would have been 20-7 at that point rather than 19-6). The announcers were wrong in saying that the blocked XP came back to haunt UD; really the only difference it ended up making is that EWU won 20-19 instead of 21-20.

Speaking of EWU's 2-pt attempt: did anyone else think it was a poor decision for them to use a timeout there? I had no problem with them going for two there (being down by 11 instead of 12 means you only need 8+3 instead of two TDs, and even if you miss, being down 13 still lets you take the lead with two TDs anyway). But why on earth would you burn a precious timeout that you might very well need at the end of the game at that point? A 2-pt conversion to cut the lead to 11 in the third quarter is not a dire enough situation to warrant burning a timeout, IMHO. They should've just taken the delay of game penalty and either gone for two from there or kicked the XP. (Obviously EWU didn't end up needing that timeout at the end of the game, so in retrospect it didn't matter, but it seemed to me like a questionable decision at the time, and the announcers didn't say anything about it, and no one here brought it up either, so I just wanted to throw that out there.)

Anyway, congrats again to EWU! That was an amazing comeback and a championship win for the ages. An instant classic, and a great showcase of FCS football. xthumbsupx

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM

What I think is hilarious is that UD probably thought the same thing. Guess they didn't study the entire film of any EWU game. You, just like so many others made the cardinal mistake of thinking the Eagles would EVER think the game was over. It didn't happen once this season, no matter how dire the situation appeared. Thanks for speaking too soon. It only makes their comeback victory more sweet. UD dominated the first half and played like champs. EWU put them in their place in last 17 minutes. Yep, I'm sure LC could beat these guys.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 03:25 PM
What I think is hilarious is that UD probably thought the same thing. Guess they didn't study the entire film of any EWU game. You, just like so many others made the cardinal mistake of thinking the Eagles would EVER think the game was over. It didn't happen once this season, no matter how dire the situation appeared. Thanks for speaking too soon. It only makes their comeback victory more sweet. UD dominated the first half and played like champs. EWU put them in their place in last 17 minutes. Yep, I'm sure LC could beat these guys.

THIS. EASTERN WASHINGTON EAGLES REPRESENT!!!

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM

Agreed. No offense, but if Delaware had gotten the ball back, IMO, they would've been stopped just like the rest of the 4th qtr. And EWU would've still gotten the ball back and scored the game winning TD and XP, but just with not time left for Delaware to answer. It's just their way. The win was never in doubt to the players, just to the observers.

fball27
January 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM

LC couldn't beat Lehigh, that says it all. As far as UD goes, when the pressure was on, they choked. They totally underestimated EWU. Their big mistake was not respecting their opponent. Hats off to EWU's players, they rose to the occassion.