PDA

View Full Version : Tate Forcier

WIU02
January 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Anyone know if/where this kid is on his way to? After the Dick-Rod fiasco, and his lack of playing time, I'm guessing he's out the door.

appstate38
January 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM
How about Delaware.... They seem to like the FBS castoffs and helping them become successful.

superman7515
January 4th, 2011, 02:46 PM
That would give us, what, 8 rumored FBS transfer QB's. Haha

cowboy91
January 4th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Good, we need secondary help in 2011.

Uncle Rico's Clan
January 4th, 2011, 04:26 PM
There has been a rumor that he may end up at Montana, i don't know how realistic that is, but the rumor has received a lot of attention on Egriz. The thread is up to 7 pages, but in true Egriz fasion it quickly turns into a flame war.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48142

Someone even set up a Facebook page on the subject.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info#!/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info

PaladinFan
January 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Can't say I wouldn't mind seeing Tate Forcier throwing to his brother Chris at Furman. That'd be a tough combo to defend.

Touchdown Yosef
January 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Now that Rich Rod is out an even better question is is where does Denard Robinson end up. You know Michigan is going to go back to pro style and that leaves Robinson without a home. Does he drop to FCS or give up the year to stay FBS? Auburn if Cam Newton leaves or one of the many spread option teams in FCS? Let the rumors begin.

Franks Tanks
January 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Now that Rich Rod is out an even better question is is where does Denard Robinson end up. You know Michigan is going to go back to pro style and that leaves Robinson without a home. Does he drop to FCS or give up the year to stay FBS? Auburn if Cam Newton leaves or one of the many spread option teams in FCS? Let the rumors begin.

Well Robinson does have the correct haircut to play for App State, he would fit right in. I think he will wait and see who the coach is, but he may transfer if a pro style offense is brought in. The issue would be however that Michigan has no pro-style QB's on the roster so I dont know who will play QB for them.

boonegoon
January 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM

You know, it's a shame how the system works. As much as I would love to see that guy at App, you'd hate for that to be his only option to play next year. (Drop down, I mean). Having possibly the most electrifying player at the FBS level having to sit out a year to continue to play at that level is crazy. While coaches can leave at the drop of a hat.

HenZoneNation
January 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
If he leaves he'll go to the FBS...he was a Heismen candidate at the start of the year not a guy with a ton of talent standing on the sidelines not getting a shot to play.

Professor Chaos
January 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Tate Forcier Mulls Next Move (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6057873)

Former Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier said Tuesday that Miami, Washington, Baylor, San Diego State, Middle Tennessee State and New Mexico are among the FBS schools he is considering transferring to.

Forcier said he is also considering lower-division schools such as Montana, South Carolina State and Florida A&M.

PaladinFan
January 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Robinson and Forcier may really change the landscape of FCS football in 2011 if they transfer. We've seen time and again that a dynamic player at QB in FCS football can give your program instant success.

Reign of Terrier
January 25th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Not to sound "ignorant" but 2 HBCUs?

TSUalum05
January 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Why not? At least he's not shallow minded and he's considering places where he can play - HBCUs are here to educate and employ any qualified individuals.

Reign of Terrier
January 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Why not? At least he's not shallow minded and he's considering places where he can play - HBCUs are here to educate and employ any qualified individuals.

I'm not knocking HBCUs by any stretch, it just seems a little out of the ordinary for a white QB transfer to consider more than 1 HBCUs when transferring, if any at all

BlueHenSinfonian
January 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not knocking HBCUs by any stretch, it just seems a little out of the ordinary for a white QB transfer to consider more than 1 HBCUs when transferring, if any at all

Apparently his departure from Michigan was at least partially due to academic issues. Perhaps he's hoping for a reverse affirmative action bump from one of the HBCUs for admittance.

Big Dawg
January 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Actually, quite a few white QB's transfer to HBCU's...FAMU had two really solid guys in the mid 2000's in Ben Dougherty(very talented) and Josh Driscoll. Our current starting QB is white. NSU has a white transfer QB as well who starts(one of my teammates when I was a kid). I'm pretty sure there are other examples on the FCS and Div. II levels. Players go where they feel comfortable.

DSUrocks07
January 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Plus I would say that the MEAC's ESPN contract might be a contributing factor as well. xwhistlex

Pitbull
January 26th, 2011, 09:27 AM

You didn't accomplish your goal....You do sound ignorant....xnodx

Big Al
January 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM

You're right -- it is out of the ordinary. Shouldn't be, though. Kids should feel free to go wherever they feel they have the best chance to play and still achieve academically.

GoGuins
January 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I haven't posted on here in a long time, but do still read on occasion. I'm a Michigan booster and follow their program very close. Regarding Tate Forcier, he has a lot of work to do in the classroom. I've read from Michigan insiders that he failed all but one of his classes last semester. His dad came out in the papers and said he received 2 incompletes and the professors wouldn't let him make the work up. My question is, if he did fail most of his classes, what was the academic advisor doing? Whatever the case may be, Tate has a lot of work to do off the field. When he came into summer practices for the 2010 season, Rodriguez stripped the wings off his helmet because he didn't participate in summer workouts while Denard Robinson did (and improved dramitically) and took the job away from him. He did earn them back, but was seen pouting on the bench with a towel on his head after true freshman Devin Gardner went in for injured Denard Robinson instead of Tate (opener vs UConn). Tate did eventually move up to the #2 QB spot and had a few great games in relief of Robinson, who often got hurt in the second half of games. Michigan does not beat Illinois without Tate coming in that game (wild 67-65 3 OT). No doubt Forcier is a talented QB and a true competitor. He's not very big, but tough. I wish him luck wherever he ends up. I just hope he matures and understands his behavior off the field and in the classroom is far more imoportant than his play on the field. He is the second Forcier to transfer out of Michigan. His brother Jason left when he realized he wouldn't play behind Chad Henne & Ryan Mallett

BTW, those wondering if Denard Robinson is transferring, he's not. He was the new coaches 1st recruit/committment when they came on board. They know he's one they couldn't afford to lose & will build their offense around his skills