PDA

View Full Version : Showingblitz WR rankings

HPCAT
February 20th, 2006, 11:29 PM
SLC gets some love with 3 out of top 5.

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006topwrs.html

chrebet87
February 20th, 2006, 11:53 PM
good to see Colgate getting the 27th best. 6 foot 5, 200 pounds is a big boy.

grizband
February 21st, 2006, 12:09 AM
Nice to see a small town Montana boy on this list. Tony Kazmierczak from Thompson Falls, MT. Congratulations Tony.

umassfan
February 21st, 2006, 12:21 AM
WOW what a shock.... someone from Delaware near the top of the list...

On a side note... Harvard beat UMass out for that Michael Clarke...

aggie6thman
February 21st, 2006, 12:47 AM
Again, great to see Aggie recruits in the top 10 nationally. Hopefully this trend will continue and we can see more of this in the future.

Lionsrking
February 21st, 2006, 12:57 AM
SLC gets some love with 3 out of top 5.

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006topwrs.html

The Lions get two of the top 17, including No. 1, and three of the top 33. A good argument could be made for a fourth but that will all iron out in the wash when they take the field.

catbob
February 21st, 2006, 12:58 AM
Montana State is too cool for HS WRs. :(

blur2005
February 21st, 2006, 01:29 AM
I might disagree with Rockeed McCarter being only 10th, but at least he's top 10. JMU grabs two top-25 receivers, at least according to this list.

Pard94
February 21st, 2006, 07:53 AM
So far Lafayette has an honorable mention RB and an honarable mentione RB. No too shabby.

SunCoastBlueHen
February 21st, 2006, 08:05 AM

Why do you always feel a need to be an ass? Rob obviously puts a lot of effort into these rankings for our entertainment and, IMO, does a good job of being objective. If you look at last year's rankings, there are very few Hens on the list. Delaware just managed to recruit a few highly touted skill guys this year.

Ivytalk
February 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM
Harvard grabs 3 of the top 30!!:hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped:

saint0917
February 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM
Some BIG WR's, Thanks for the info Rob :nod:

1. Crawford Kilpatrick 6-5/205 Sugar Hill, GA (North Gwinnett) Southeastern Louisiana
2. Josh Johnson 6-3/190 Newland, NC (Avery County) Appalachian St.
3. Alex Darley 6-3/185 Corpus Christi, TX (Flour Bluff) Texas St.
7. Tommy Crosby 6-5/190 Hammonton, NJ (Hammonton) Delaware
9. Steve Pilconis 6-5/200 Pottsville, PA (Pottsville) Harvard*
10. Rockeed McCarter 6-4/200 Philadelphia, PA (Roman Catholic) James Madison
14. Ian Ferrell 6-5/205 Englewood, CO (Kent Denver) Dartmouth*
18. Jeremy Kelley 6-5/200 West Seneca, NY (West Seneca) Maine
21. Tim Jones 6-4/210 Townville, SC (Hargrave Mil. [VA]) Charleston Southern
25. Jermaine Malcolm 6-4/185 San Antonio, TX (Holmes) Illinois St.
27. Pat Simonds 6-5/200 Sidney, NY (Sideny Central) Colgate
28. Cedric Byrd 6-3/190 Burlington, NC (Williams) North Carolina A&T
30. Matt Luft 6-4/200 Thousand Oaks, CA (Thousand Oaks) Harvard*

Honorable Mention

HM Eric Atchley 6-3/175 Chattanooga, TN (Soddy Daisy) Furman
HM Tyrell Jones 6-3/215 Gaithersburg, MD (Good Counsel) Maine
HM Mark Mackey 6-4/210 Harrisburg, PA (Central Dauphin) Delaware

GeauxLions94
February 21st, 2006, 09:19 AM
The Lions get two of the top 17, including No. 1, and three of the top 33. A good argument could be made for a fourth but that will all iron out in the wash when they take the field.

Can't wait to see when the transfers are rated. RBs Jay Lucas (Texas A&M) and Kendrick Perry (Ole Miss) each ought to be in the top 20.

fuEMO
February 21st, 2006, 09:28 AM
Some BIG WR's, Thanks for the info Rob :nod:

1. Crawford Kilpatrick 6-5/205 Sugar Hill, GA (North Gwinnett) Southeastern Louisiana
2. Josh Johnson 6-3/190 Newland, NC (Avery County) Appalachian St.
3. Alex Darley 6-3/185 Corpus Christi, TX (Flour Bluff) Texas St.
7. Tommy Crosby 6-5/190 Hammonton, NJ (Hammonton) Delaware
9. Steve Pilconis 6-5/200 Pottsville, PA (Pottsville) Harvard*
10. Rockeed McCarter 6-4/200 Philadelphia, PA (Roman Catholic) James Madison
14. Ian Ferrell 6-5/205 Englewood, CO (Kent Denver) Dartmouth*
18. Jeremy Kelley 6-5/200 West Seneca, NY (West Seneca) Maine
21. Tim Jones 6-4/210 Townville, SC (Hargrave Mil. [VA]) Charleston Southern
25. Jermaine Malcolm 6-4/185 San Antonio, TX (Holmes) Illinois St.
27. Pat Simonds 6-5/200 Sidney, NY (Sideny Central) Colgate
28. Cedric Byrd 6-3/190 Burlington, NC (Williams) North Carolina A&T
30. Matt Luft 6-4/200 Thousand Oaks, CA (Thousand Oaks) Harvard*

Honorable Mention

HM Eric Atchley 6-3/175 Chattanooga, TN (Soddy Daisy) Furman
HM Tyrell Jones 6-3/215 Gaithersburg, MD (Good Counsel) Maine
HM Mark Mackey 6-4/210 Harrisburg, PA (Central Dauphin) Delaware

Excellent point! Furman went with alot of size at wide receiver and tight end last year. 6-3 RJ Webb and 6-1 Keiron Williams, 6-4 Chris Truss and 6-5 Larry Hedden. This class BL has signed with quick, speed players like Brown and Mims. I will be curious to see how Furman uses these guys. So it looks like Furman has the smallest players at RB and WR in the top 25.

DTSpider
February 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Clearly Rob likes size at WR. Keep up the work Rob, we definitely appreciate it and hope that you can get through ball sides of the ball this year.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM
JMU getting 2 in the top 25 for a team that is well-known for smashmouth, run-first type offense. It's impressive to me and a testament to our improved recuiting efforts over the past few years. Of course, the NC didn't hurt things either...

Also, proud to say that #24 on the list, Griff Yancey, is coming out of my high school. UR recruited him heavily and he changed his mind somewhat last minute to JMU from what I gathered in the press.

While it's fun, these ratings mean nothing until they produce on the field.

OT: Love the avatar Catbob!

Blur2005 - NOW I understand the name blur, it's what you see when you look at your favorite political party! ;)

GannonFan
February 21st, 2006, 10:27 AM

Obviously the assessment that umassfan can't judge anything remotely related to UD is still strongly applicable. :nod:

youwouldno
February 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
Furman's Adam Mims lacks size (5'9) but is probably the most explosive WR in this I-AA class. At Auburn's senior camp he ran a (legit) 4.41 dash, 4.13 shuttle, and had a 35 inch vertical.

Pilconis should be #2. Josh Johnson is overrated... he's not very fast and still needs to add bulk. McCarter probably should be higher.

fuEMO
February 21st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Furman's Adam Mims lacks size (5'9) but is probably the most explosive WR in this I-AA class. At Auburn's senior camp he ran a (legit) 4.41 dash, 4.13 shuttle, and had a 35 inch vertical.

Pilconis should be #2. Josh Johnson is overrated... he's not very fast and still needs to add bulk. McCarter probably should be higher.

On film Mims looks alot like Bratton, maybe more elusive. The guy was terror on the screen pass at a pretty darn good Alabama high school team.

Lionsrking
February 21st, 2006, 12:32 PM

I would give that honor to Bernardo Henry who signed with McNeese. He's got borderline world class track speed and has been clocked in the 4.2's. He's got a little ways to go as WR but is extremely explosive and will make an immediate impact on returns at the very least.

And one of our recruits, the No. 17 guy on the list, Luis Sobalvarro (6-3, 190), has been electronically timed at 4.43 by Tom Shaw (works with NFL players) and can jump out of the stadium. He flew under radar due to Hurricane Katrina but is every bit as talented as the No. 1, Crawford Kilpatrick, whom we also signed.

fuEMO
February 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM
I would give that honor to Bernardo Henry who signed with McNeese. He's got borderline world class track speed and has been clocked in the 4.2's. He's got a little ways to go as WR but is extremely explosive and will make an immediate impact on returns at the very least.

And one of our recruits, the No. 17 guy on the list, Luis Sobalvarro (6-3, 190), has been electronically timed at 4.43 by Tom Shaw (works with NFL players) and can jump out of the stadium. He flew under radar due to Hurricane Katrina but is every bit as talented as the No. 1, Crawford Kilpatrick, whom we also signed.

What Im hearing about Mims is explosive track speed, which alot of IAA schools have at wide receiver. But guys that are elusive and can run after the catch make guys special, little guys come to mind like Bratton and Fowlkes.

carney2
February 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM
So far Lafayette has an honorable mention RB and an honarable mentione RB. No too shabby.

I think you meant to say QB and WR, but my proofreading skills aint what they used to was.

blur2005
February 22nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Blur2005 - NOW I understand the name blur, it's what you see when you look at your favorite political party! ;)

Hmm...clever, but no, the reason I used blur originally, which had nothing to do with AGS, was because of "Song 2" by Blur. I used it in my email address and my high school graduation year, 2005. I have then used it for nearly everything else just because it was easy to remember and consistency keeps you from forgetting usernames for a thousand websites.

Anyway, let's keep politics to the Lounge.

On that note, if the Democrats are "blurry," does that make the Republicans "full of *****?"

That was too coarse. I apologize.

GrizFamily
February 22nd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Yes please, let's keep it in the lounge. Interesting how politics divides even those who agree so fervently on one thing and then tear each other apart on another.

Did I mention that I love football?