PDA

View Full Version : Everson Walls Named Div I Title Game Ambassador

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Latest pub from NCAA, FCS for the Jan. 7 title game...

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - Everson Walls, former Grambling State University student-athlete and former Dallas Cowboy, was named by the NCAA as the FCS Ambassador for the 2011 NCAA Division I Football Championship game.

Walls, a 13-year NFL veteran, is the second former student-athlete to serve as the ambassador of the football championship. Wayne Chrebet served as the inaugural ambassador for the 2009 football championship game.

"Everson Walls symbolizes the character and determination of the student-athletes that comprise the FCS," said Damani Leech, NCAA director for football and baseball. "His success at the FCS level, the NFL level, and his post-playing career are the embodiment of what student-athletes should strive for academically and athletically."

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205058320

DFW HOYA
December 21st, 2010, 02:06 PM
He also lives in the local area, so that helps.

superman7515
December 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Shouldn't the ambassador of the title game be from a conference that participates in the playoffs that lead to said title game?

danefan
December 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Miles Austin would have been the perfect guy for the job, especially with NEC's new AQ.

bluehenbillk
December 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Hey - wasn't Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson available.

HenZoneNation
December 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM
While they're at it...how bout throwing Romo out there...it's not like he'll be throwing for awhile...how bout those Cowboys...

danefan
December 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
While they're at it...how bout throwing Romo out there...it's not like he'll be throwing for awhile...how bout those Cowboys...

Even better. Absolutely perfect ambassador for the first game in Frisco.

bluehenbillk
December 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM
Even better. Absolutely perfect ambassador for the first game in Frisco.

Would've been better if he & Jessica never broke up & he brought the eye candy with him.

GannonFan
December 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Would've been better if he & Jessica never broke up & he brought the eye candy with him.

Eh, isn't his current fiancee a former Miss Missouri? Can't be too bad.

Sly Fox
December 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hollywood Henderson was just down I-35 in Austin last time I talked to him a few years back.

Even as an avowed Cowboy hater, I alway enjoyed watching Everson play.

DFW HOYA
December 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hey - wasn't Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson available.

Henderson didn't play at a I-AA school, he palyed at Langston (OK), an NAIA school.

As many remember, Henderson's life quickly careered out of control in the NFL. Three years after being cut, he turned it around, having been sober since 1983 and beginning an outreach ministry in east Austin. In a moment of Providence, Henderson's charity won $28 million in the state lottery and has been a major charitable benefactor to that neighborhood since.

mikebigg
December 22nd, 2010, 04:25 AM
Shouldn't the ambassador of the title game be from a conference that participates in the playoffs that lead to said title game?

Everson participated in the playoffs as a senior . . . He was invited and not the conference.

NHwildEcat
December 22nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Should have been Flacco...his season will be over a couple days later anyways.