PDA

View Full Version : Is the rumor true that App St. is opening up with Virginia Tech next season?

ASU_Fanatic
December 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I've heard a lot about this from people but haven't found anything set in stone? Geez, what an opener, we would get to see the scene of Blacksburg and it's an easy trip for us Mountaineer fans to make, it's a good 1:30 shorter for me than Greenville. This could also be a beatable team, I mean if JMU can...

AppState913
December 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM
it's on Virginia Tech's 2011 football schedule:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-11/acc/2011-virginia-tech-hokies-football-schedule.php

that would be awesome! Blacksburg is beautiful and only 2 hours from Charlotte

nwFL Griz
December 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, not a rumor. This has been set for quite awhile.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/schedule/future/

tribe_pride
December 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cool. That's better than ending with Florida like you guys did this year (or even the mid-year UNC game the Tribe had). I like the first game of the year somewhat local FBS games.

Rekdiver
December 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Been on the schedule for a couple of years..........or more. All you had to do was Google it. For an ASU-Fanatic ...you are now on probation........

GSUhooligan
December 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I've heard a lot about this from people but haven't found anything set in stone? Geez, what an opener, we would get to see the scene of Blacksburg and it's an easy trip for us Mountaineer fans to make, it's a good 1:30 shorter for me than Greenville. This could also be a beatable team, I mean if JMU can...

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt348/chewy0051/dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

GaSouthern
December 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Been on the schedule for a couple of years..........or more. All you had to do was Google it. For an ASU-Fanatic ...you are now on probation........

Betting he knew but just wanted to start a Michigan VS. ASU type thread to get the talking going all through the off-season.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Betting he knew but just wanted to start a Michigan VS. ASU type thread to get the talking going all through the off-season.

Hey! Aren't we playing Bama next year!? ; )

AppAlum2003
December 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt348/chewy0051/dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

xoutofrepx

ASU_Fanatic
December 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ha, i was like 99% sure. I did google it but the only thing I could find didn't seem like a very reliable source, I didn't even think to check VT's schedule though.xeyebrowx

Anyways I'm already counting down the days, should be a great game. It would be awesome if we could get a night game.

ASU_Fanatic
December 16th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Haha, kinda.............

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I mean what else do they have to think about in the OFFSEASON? xlolx

Horseshoe App
December 16th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I mean what else do they have to think about in the OFFSEASON? xlolx

I guess we are finally having to do what you have done for the last 10 years. I hope GSU wins it all, but if you do beat Delaware, I am afraid you will be drinking the same Villanova kool aid we got to drink last week. They are that good.

DaltonLegalEagle
December 16th, 2010, 09:35 PM

nice.

Ga. Southern futures: Alabama-2011, Georgia-12, Florida-13, LSU-14, Ga. Tech -15(finally! thank you Coach PJ), Georgia-16 (& hopefully will continue every 4 years even after we beat them).

apaladin
December 16th, 2010, 09:38 PM
The SoCon has some very tough FBS games next year. Here is the complete slate vs. FBS:
ASU @ VPI
GSU @ Alabama
Chattanooga @ Nebraska
Furman @ Florida
Wofford @ Clempson
Samford @ Auburn
Elon @ Vandy
Citadel @ South Carolina

tribefan40
December 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
The SoCon has some very tough FBS games next year. Here is the complete slate vs. FBS:
ASU @ VPI
GSU @ Alabama
Chattanooga @ Nebraska
Furman @ Florida
Wofford @ Clempson
Samford @ Auburn
Elon @ Vandy
Citadel @ South Carolina

That's an extremely impressive FBS slate. Here's what the CAA has:

Udel @ Navy
JMU @ UNC?
Maine @ Pitt
Umass @ Boston College
UNH @ Toledo
ODU - No FBS
URI @ Syracuse
Richmond @ Duke
Towson @ Maryland
Nova @ Temple
W&M @ UVA

mcveyrl
December 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM

I thought GSU played Bama this year? It was on TV!

AppChicago
December 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I thought GSU played Bama this year? It was on TV!

That was Georgia State. Not Georgia Southern.

(Unless you were joking. In which case... um. Ha.)

mcveyrl
December 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM
That was Georgia State. Not Georgia Southern.

(Unless you were joking. In which case... um. Ha.)

I guess we'll never know... :)

DSPSelym
December 17th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I guess we'll never know... :)

Well everytime this year that we're on TV it seems that we are suddenly Georgia State so what's the difference? Also anyone wanna go 'head and place bets on how bad we're going to beat Bama next year?

boonedocks
December 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Classic!! That is perfect.

Well done sir, well done.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxx
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

AppChicago
December 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Well everytime this year that we're on TV it seems that we are suddenly Georgia State so what's the difference? Also anyone wanna go 'head and place bets on how bad we're going to beat Bama next year?

I'd like to place this portrait of Benjamin Franklin on "not". :)