PDA

View Full Version : UNH Coach Sean McDonnell to Temple?

superman7515
December 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
From Football Scoop:

University of Findlay: We have just confirmed that New Hampshire defensive backs coach Rob Keys has accepted the head coaching job at the University of Findlay.

Temple: Our sources tell us that Temple will have interest in New Hampshire head coach Sean McDonnell.

Chemhen
December 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hope its not true for UNH fans' sake, but looks like a good opportunity for McDonnell. Had to figure he could move up if he wanted to, especially with Chip Kelly's success at Oregon.

tribe_pride
December 15th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Agreed - He does an excellent job at UNH. That will be a tough loss if he leaves.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Hope its not true for UNH fans' sake, but looks like a good opportunity for McDonnell. Had to figure he could move up if he wanted to, especially with Chip Kelly's success at Oregon.

I'm surprised Temple is looking for a new coach given their success the last couple of years, but McDonnell could take then even further. I agree that it's bad news for UNH, but hey, Al Lavan is available.

R3TRO
December 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
He's turned down better offers. I don't see this happening.

hawkineer
December 15th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm surprised Temple is looking for a new coach given their success the last couple of years, but McDonnell could take then even further. I agree that it's bad news for UNH, but hey, Al Lavan is available.

Temple's coach just took the Miami, Fl job!

BlueHenSinfonian
December 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Temple's coach just took the Miami, Fl job!

Gotcha, I don't follow the FBS world very closely.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 16th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Very sad for the UNH faithful, but very, very well deserved, .... and at some point soon, a major career choice was in order for Coach Mac.

blukeys
December 16th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I know Golden has gotten kudos for his work at Temple but in my view McConnell to Temple would be a plus for Temple.

Henbychoice
December 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
If he leaves, would this be the impetus to push UNH into the NEC?

superman7515
December 16th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I doubt that a coaching change would put UNH into the NEC. They've proven they can be more than competitive in the CAA year after year. Now, if they hired the wrong coach and went through a prolonged slump, possibly. But I wouldn't see that happening just due to a coaching change. Where is UNHFanboi?

UNH Fanboi
December 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I doubt that a coaching change would put UNH into the NEC. They've proven they can be more than competitive in the CAA year after year. Now, if they hired the wrong coach and went through a prolonged slump, possibly. But I wouldn't see that happening just due to a coaching change. Where is UNHFanboi?

Not sure why you're looking for me, but there's an article from yesterday about the job opening that makes no mention of Coach Mac:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/colleges/20101216_Sources__Owls_interview_offensive_coordin ator.html

henfan
December 17th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Don't do it, Sean.

Blue Hen 53
December 17th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Quite honestly I would see it as a step down.

unhfan1
December 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Not going to happen.

Wildcat80
December 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
No way is Bob Davie taking the Temple job. Sure sounds like they could use Coach Mac...he'd be the only true winner among the names mentioned!

superman7515
December 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Not sure why you're looking for me, but there's an article from yesterday about the job opening that makes no mention of Coach Mac:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/colleges/20101216_Sources__Owls_interview_offensive_coordin ator.html

I was just meaning you're one of the more outspoken UNH fans on here, do you think that a coaching change would push them to the NEC?

UNH Fanboi
December 17th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I was just meaning you're one of the more outspoken UNH fans on here, do you think that a coaching change would push them to the NEC?

I don't think Mac leaving, in and of itself, would have much effect. I think the powers that be at UNH know that the CAA has served our interests well and will do everyting in their power to keep us there. But if Nova and UMass leave, and Maine starts to panic, that might change things. We'll have a much better sense of the situation in a couple of weeks once we've heard Nova's and UMass' decisions and seen whether there is any fallout from the Patriot League non-vote.

UNHFootballAlum
December 17th, 2010, 05:49 PM
i don't think that Coach Mac leaves for this job.