PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Jackson St HC Lands as HC at 0-10 NAIA

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Former Jackson St head coach James Bell is heading to Taylor University in Indiana. He has a huge task infront of him with an 0-10 NAIA squad. This must be a nice hire for Taylor considering Bell's background as a big-time coordinator at some pretty decent I-A schools...

INDIANA COLLEGE HIRES EX-JSU COACH

The Taylor University athletic department announced the hiring of former Jackson State coach James Bell on Saturday to fill the position of head football coach at the Upland, Ind., school.

Bell was at Jackson State 2 1/2 seasons before being fired near the end of the 2005 season. He had an overall record of 8-23. JSU named Tuskegee's Rick Comegy its new coach in December.

"James Bell is the kind of person who has the kind of heart, the kind of Christian commitment, the kind of attitude, the kind of ability and the kind of connections that will see the university produce winners not only off the field but also on the field in the years ahead," said Dr. Eugene B. Habecker, Taylor president.

Taylor, an NAIA school, was 0-10 in 2005.

Bell has over 25 years of collegiate coaching experience. Before coaching at JSU, he held defensive coordinator posts at North Texas, Wake Forest and Indiana. He also served as defensive backs coach at Louisville.

Bell was a star player at Central Arkansas, where he was named an NAIA All-America honorable mention.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/Article?AID=/20060219/SPORTS/602190351&SearchID=73236149786403

Mr. Tiger
February 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Former Jackson St head coach James Bell is heading to Taylor University in Indiana. He has a huge task infront of him with an 0-10 NAIA squad. This must be a nice hire for Taylor considering Bell's background as a big-time coordinator at some pretty decent I-A schools...

You have said some funny things before TT, but this one takes the cake. xlolx He was the worst DIVISION I-AA HEAD COACH EVER. Getting the play call in on time was a challenge for the coach I refer to as the coach who shall remain nameless. Nice hire??....:lmao:

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
You have said some funny things before TT, but this one takes the cake. xlolx He was the worst DIVISION I-AA HEAD COACH EVER. Getting the play call in on time was a challenge for the coach I refer to as the coach who shall remain nameless. Nice hire??....:lmao:

Hey, can't argue with a resume of nice stops for the man..