PDA

View Full Version : It's a CAA world

bluehenbillk
December 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
With an impending all-CAA NC brewing, there's something I didn't realize untul this morning. This is the 4th year in a row with two CAA teams in the semi's.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Yep, the CAA has become something larger than the rest of the FCS. If you cant beat em, break em up

gsu6trophies
December 14th, 2010, 10:02 AM
OMG, Why ......(edited by The Booth Review). I don't really get into Conference rivalries like a lot of people. I'm fine with ASU losing if it means they don't get to celebrate a NC again. But, you people gotta be kidding me. I hope you guys stick around if both CAA teams lose. I believe Delaware should be favored, but Nova is traveling across country. I know that EWU is a far inferior team to Rhode Island, but I have to believe they will hold their own. I guess managing a last minute, game tying drive in the snow is more of a sign of luck than being a good team. Obviously North Dakota didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. There less quality than Robert Morris. Oh well. I guess that's why they play them on the field.

WMTribe90
December 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
OMG, Why.... I don't really get into Conference rivalries like a lot of people. I'm fine with ASU losing if it means they don't get to celebrate a NC again. But, you people gotta be kidding me. I hope you guys stick around if both CAA teams lose. I believe Delaware should be favored, but Nova is traveling across country. I know that EWU is a far inferior team to Rhode Island, but I have to believe they will hold their own. I guess managing a last minute, game tying drive in the snow is more of a sign of luck than being a good team. Obviously North Dakota didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. There less quality than Robert Morris. Oh well. I guess that's why they play them on the field.

Villanova is a different team with Sczur playing at near 100%. VU is back to playing at a championship level. I honestly think GSU has a legit shot at beating UD, much more of a shot than EWU has of beating VU at home.

jmufan999
December 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Villanova is a different team with Sczur playing at near 100%. VU is back to playing at a championship level. I honestly think GSU has a legit shot at beating UD, much more of a shot than EWU has of beating VU at home.

you are my freaking GUY, man. i think i agree with just about everything you ever post.

GSU could beat UD, it's possible... i don't see ANY way EWU can win, unless Nova just coughs up the ball and goes something like -3 in turnover diff. i think Nova wins even if they go -2 in TO diff.... -3 might make it a different story. but i think GSU can absolutely beat UD. don't know if they WILL or not, but they could.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM
you are my freaking GUY, man. i think i agree with just about everything you ever post.

GSU could beat UD, it's possible... i don't see ANY way EWU can win, unless Nova just coughs up the ball and goes something like -3 in turnover diff. i think Nova wins even if they go -2 in TO diff.... -3 might make it a different story. but i think GSU can absolutely beat UD. don't know if they WILL or not, but they could.

sure GSU could beat Delaware, and Rhode Island could be GSU.....

boonegoon
December 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
OMG, Why ..... I don't really get into Conference rivalries like a lot of people. I'm fine with ASU losing if it means they don't get to celebrate a NC again. But, you people gotta be kidding me. I hope you guys stick around if both CAA teams lose. I believe Delaware should be favored, but Nova is traveling across country. I know that EWU is a far inferior team to Rhode Island, but I have to believe they will hold their own. I guess managing a last minute, game tying drive in the snow is more of a sign of luck than being a good team. Obviously North Dakota didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. There less quality than Robert Morris. Oh well. I guess that's why they play them on the field.

No kidding. I do tend to pull for the SOCON over other schools but this is rediculous.

SouthernMan
December 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
With the amount of hype you give yourselves shouldn't you be disappointed that its not an all CAA semifinal? You had two teams seeded out of five(UD, W-M) and the defending national champion (unseeded Nova). Jeez with all of your hubris I figured it would be an all CAA semifinal. Keep looking ahead to how you are going to stop Nova's #4....please.

Achilles Return
December 14th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Conference pride is beyond silly. I want Furman and App State to lose every game.

jmufan999
December 14th, 2010, 12:31 PM
sure GSU could beat Delaware, and Rhode Island could be GSU.....

if you're trying to crap on Rhode Island, they did beat UNH (an Elite 8 team) and Nova (a Final Four team). if you're not crapping on URI, then i don't know what point you're trying to make.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Just looking at UD's roster. 14 kids from the state of Delaware and 13 from Georgia and Florida. Looks like "borrowing" from others and claiming it as your own is commonplace at UD http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmKTza5G9FhkGi5oaqCXjZgrkjOGL-X6lEGsjdD9jAdiNHA5947g
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jmufan999
December 14th, 2010, 12:34 PM
With the amount of hype you give yourselves shouldn't you be disappointed that its not an all CAA semifinal?

um, because it was IMPOSSIBLE the way they did the brackets.

GoGSU
December 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Delaware will lose on Saturday....count on it

Wildcat80
December 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Conference pride is beyond silly. I want Furman and App State to lose every game.

If I'm being honest...I want nova & bill&mary to lose every game too.xlolx

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
um, because it was IMPOSSIBLE the way they did the brackets.

Since 2004, there have been 7 head-to-head games out of a total of 22 CAA losses.

Just an interesting fact, nothing more.

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Love seeing JMU and UMass lose. Richmond and Nova to a lesser extent. For some reason, I always root for UNH.

UncleSam
December 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just looking at UD's roster. 14 kids from the state of Delaware and 13 from Georgia and Florida. Looks like "borrowing" from others and claiming it as your own is commonplace at UD

A fine example of a GSU education.

Achilles Return
December 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Only fans that can't brag about their own program give a flying toot about conference pride. It's pathetic.

Waco Kid
December 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'm really starting to dislike Delaware fans. They must know they lucked into their championship playing the worst team to ever make an NC game, and they got pounded the only time they've made it back. They point to the success of fellow CAA schools and act like they have actually done something lately. No way they win it all this year. Good luck Eagles and Wildcats.

GaSouthern
December 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM

I actually pull for All SoCon teams in the playoffs and in out of conference games... it is a lot easier when we are also in the playoffs too.

EdubAlum
December 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Good luck Eagles and Wildcats.

I agree, go Eagles (EWU Eagles that is)

bkrownd
December 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Only fans that can't brag about their own program give a flying toot about conference pride. It's pathetic.

Lack of conference pride is pathetic.

UNH Fanboi
December 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I would just like to point out that the attitude of the original poster is not necessarily typical of all CAA fans. I like to see other CAA teams succeed in the playoffs because that success (a) demonstrates how much of an accomplishment it was for UNH to survive the CAA regular season and make the playoffs 7 years in a row and (b) will help UNH get a seed or at-large birth in the future even if its win-loss record is not as good as teams from other conferences. That being said, mindless boasting like the original post is just pointless.

AAadict
December 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM

Agreed. When UD is out I root for other CAA teams. Would love a rematch with VU.

Wildcat80
December 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
What is mindless is thinking that our feelings or postings in any way affect the outcome of any game...conference or not. They obviously do not.

Nebuta
December 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'm really starting to dislike Delaware fans. They must know they lucked into their championship playing the worst team to ever make an NC game, and they got pounded the only time they've made it back. They point to the success of fellow CAA schools and act like they have actually done something lately. No way they win it all this year. Good luck Eagles and Wildcats.
Woah. Seriously ?? Luck?? 03' hens team was hands down the best team in all the land, some would even say the team of the decade. That juggernaut smoked every team they faced in the playoffs that year. The offense with Andy Hall could light up a score board and the D only shut down the nations #1 and #2 running backs and a walter payton award winner on route to the NC.

Think before you post stupid sh...

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2010, 05:07 PM
if you're trying to crap on Rhode Island, they did beat UNH (an Elite 8 team) and Nova (a Final Four team). if you're not crapping on URI, then i don't know what point you're trying to make.

Read the title of the thread ... pro CAA and URI played in the CAA

YoUDeeMan
December 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM

I actually pull for All SoCon teams in the playoffs and in out of conference games... it is a lot easier when we are also in the playoffs too.

Guess you two don't sit next to each other at the GSU games. xshhhx

HailSzczur
December 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM

i root for delaware every week. the more they win the bigger it makes the last game of the season. Also it makes us look better when we beat them :)

Oldhen
December 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
They must know they lucked into their championship playing the worst team to ever make an NC game,

You obviously know nothing about football and should be quiet before you embarrass yourself further. Maybe the dumbest post of the decade.

blukeys
December 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
You obviously know nothing about football and should be quiet before you embarrass yourself further. Maybe the dumbest post of the decade.

The decade is about to run out. I nominate Wacko Kid's comment for the dumbest post until 2010. He is Sure not a guy who actually does any research.

Old Cat Fan
December 14th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I think a lot of the CAA sticking together and cheering for each other may have something to do with the fact that
back in the day, you had 5 New England schools involved with the old Yankee conference( UMASS, Northeastern, Maine, RhodeIsland ,and UNH) that morphed into the A10 than to the CAA. New Englanders usually stick together and cheer for the big 4 pro teams(Patriots,Sox,Bruins and Celtics) and when one of the area schools are still in the playoffs we tend to cheer for them. I think it than spread to the rest of the CAA,when the southern schools came along; just a thought.

VUCats02
December 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
The decade is about to run out. I nominate Wacko Kid's comment for the dumbest post until 2010. He is Sure not a guy who actually does any research.

I believe that the decade already ran out last year. 2010 was the first year of the new decade :-P Still 9 more years' worth of posts that can take the lead for dumbest post of the decade.

tribe_pride
December 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I think a lot of the CAA sticking together and cheering for each other may have something to do with the fact that
back in the day, you had 5 New England schools involved with the old Yankee conference( UMASS, Northeastern, Maine, RhodeIsland ,and UNH) that morphed into the A10 than to the CAA. New Englanders usually stick together and cheer for the big 4 pro teams(Patriots,Sox,Bruins and Celtics) and when one of the area schools are still in the playoffs we tend to cheer for them. I think it than spread to the rest of the CAA,when the southern schools came along; just a thought.

From the all sports CAA side of things, we have seen this big in basketball too. Laranaga (George Mason coach) was very active in supporting and mentioning the CAA in their Final Four run and their fans caught on. Since then, any big out of conference victory for a CAA bball team seems to be a victory for the conference and fans of all teams within the conference have shown their conference support with the "CAA" cheer.

VBR_Productions
December 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
From the all sports CAA side of things, we have seen this big in basketball too. Laranaga (George Mason coach) was very active in supporting and mentioning the CAA in their Final Four run and their fans caught on. Since then, any big out of conference victory for a CAA bball team seems to be a victory for the conference and fans of all teams within the conference have shown their conference support with the "CAA" cheer.

When Old Dominion beat Notre Dame in the NCAA tourney last year, our fans chanted "C-A-A" rather than "O-D-U." I don't see why taking pride in your conference and conference mates is looked upon as bad. I'd expect Appy fans to root for GSU this weekend.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
When Old Dominion beat Notre Dame in the NCAA tourney last year, our fans chanted "C-A-A" rather than "O-D-U." I don't see why taking pride in your conference and conference mates is looked upon as bad. I'd expect Appy fans to root for GSU this weekend.

The CAA might be the NY Yankees of FCS.

cougarpines
December 15th, 2010, 09:19 AM

Just read this thread. Wacko's post was a joke, right? If not, he certainly has the right handle.

TypicalTribe
December 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Couldn't agree more. William & Mary has traditionally been terrible in hoops, but I've always rooted for the conference teams in the NCAA tournament because I'd much rather be bad in a respected conference than bad in an awful one.

I did root for Montana against JMU, though, but the Dukes are the exception to the rule for me.

stevdock
December 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM
OMG, Why ......(edited by The Booth Review). I don't really get into Conference rivalries like a lot of people. I'm fine with ASU losing if it means they don't get to celebrate a NC again. But, you people gotta be kidding me. I hope you guys stick around if both CAA teams lose. I believe Delaware should be favored, but Nova is traveling across country. I know that EWU is a far inferior team to Rhode Island, but I have to believe they will hold their own. I guess managing a last minute, game tying drive in the snow is more of a sign of luck than being a good team. Obviously North Dakota didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. There less quality than Robert Morris. Oh well. I guess that's why they play them on the field.

You are absolutely correct North Dakota had no business being in the playoffs, which is why they were home studying for finals.

UNH72Plus
December 15th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Ouch! As a diehard Red Sox fan/sufferer, I take umbrage with your suggestion!

cmaxwellgsu
December 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Not really, especially when the Eagles have the most championships.......

Silenoz
December 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM

Conference pride that is out of control is even more pathetic

henfan
December 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I believe that the decade already ran out last year. 2010 was the first year of the new decade.

Technically, 2010 is the last year of the prior decade according to the Gregorian calendar. 2011 begins a new decade, which ends in 2020. The calendar began in the year 1, not the year 0.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Conference pride that is out of control is even more pathetic

gotta gloat when we can, all great things eventually come to an end and this includes the CAA

VUCats02
December 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Technically, 2010 is the last year of the prior decade according to the Gregorian calendar. 2011 begins a new decade, which ends in 2020. The calendar began in the year 1, not the year 0.

I was just being stupid/joking/making a pointless post like this one.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM

You mean the CAA buys it's players from other schools who discovered and developed them?

Achilles Return
December 15th, 2010, 09:28 PM
gotta gloat when we can, all great things eventually come to an end and this includes the CAA

Except you're not gloating when you win - you're gloating when another team in your conference wins. That's beyond silly. Conference pride is team shame.

cougarpines
December 16th, 2010, 04:58 AM
You mean the CAA buys it's players from other schools who discovered and developed them?

Are you refrring to Devlin or Jaybo

The Eagle's Cliff
December 16th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Are you refrring to Devlin or Jaybo

I'm referring to the NY Yankees.

GtFllsGriz
January 7th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I just had to find this thread to remind everyone of the CAA arrogance. There are many good posters from the CAA but a few that think the CAA have entitlement to the crown and are so superior to all the other conferences............................. this threads for you.

Congrats to the Eastern Washington Eagles........and the Big Sky Conference!

App-a-latch-un
January 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
CAA world eh? xwhistlex

I-16Bandit
January 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM
CAA world eh? xwhistlex

Bahahahaha! :D