http://www.southernpigskin.com/SoCon/view/southernpigskin-all-socon-team

Link

Baldy
December 13th, 2010, 02:33 AM
More accurate than the "official" lists. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
December 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
More accurate than the "official" lists. xthumbsupx

Part of their list is better and the other part isn't. I don't think the team itself is more accurate at all. Torez Jones does not belong on the first team. He had all those picks against Gardner-Webb but was just average the rest of the season. He is getting that honor based on one game. Don't understand the love fest with Derek Heyden. He is okay but he is not better than Tommy Irvin of Wofford.

With that said I'm glad they didn't throw Riddle a bone and put him on first-team with Presley.

I do think they got the players of the year and coach of the year spot on though. Russell is better than Pall by far and Monken deserved coach of the years honors IMO.

EagleTrump
December 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Part of their list is better and the other part isn't. I don't think the team itself is more accurate at all. Torez Jones does not belong on the first team. He had all those picks against Gardner-Webb but was just average the rest of the season. He is getting that honor based on one game. Don't understand the love fest with Derek Heyden. He is okay but he is not better than Tommy Irvin of Wofford.

With that said I'm glad they didn't throw Riddle a bone and put him on first-team with Presley.

I do think they got the players of the year and coach of the year spot on though. Russell is better than Pall by far and Monken deserved coach of the years honors IMO.

I actually agree with all of that. I'm not sure why Heyden was put on the list either. He's good, but I'm sure there are other safeties in the conference better...

Baldy
December 13th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Since Irvin and Heyden are Safties, lets compare their stats...

Irvin
65 tackles
1 TFL for 3 yds.
4 INT for 49 yds.
7 Pass breakups

Heyden
90 tackles
7.5 TFL for 26 yds.
3 INT for 14 yds.
5 pass breakups
8 Passes defensed
1 QBH
3 Forced Fumbles

Heyden is clearly better than Irvin, and I am glad that SouthernPigskin realized it by acknowledging Heyden's outstanding year. xthumbsupx

EagleTrump
December 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Since Irvin and Heyden are Safties, lets compare their stats...

Irvin
65 tackles
1 TFL for 3 yds.
4 INT for 49 yds.
7 Pass breakups

Heyden
90 tackles
7.5 TFL for 26 yds.
3 INT for 14 yds.
5 pass breakups
8 Passes defensed
1 QBH
3 Forced Fumbles

Heyden is clearly better than Irvin, and I am glad that SouthernPigskin realized it by acknowledging Heyden's outstanding year. xthumbsupx

Wow...just realized I had my names mixed up. Even when reading the chart, I was about to start arguing for the guy on the bottom thinking it was Irvin...then I reread. My mistake.

seantaylor
December 13th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Heyden is a great safety, and is well deserving of not only first team all socon, but some considering for AA honors. Our best safety since David Young and Ryan Hadden.