PDA

View Full Version : Delaware or Villanova should win it all

Wildcat80
December 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
IMO based on what I saw those are the two best teams in FCS. with a healthy Sczuzr? nova could repeat. Guess that would confirm CAA as toughest FCS league.

Reign of Terrier
December 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
GSU vs Nova FTC

Tribe07
December 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I tend to agree, but don't sleep on GSU. If they play the way they did in the 2nd half today, disregard that comment. But if they play the way they did vs. W&M and in the 1st half against Wofford, they have the capability to knock off Delaware. EWU? Not a chance.

gsu6trophies
December 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
IMO based on what I saw those are the two best teams in FCS. with a healthy Sczuzr? nova could repeat. Guess that would confirm CAA as toughest FCS league.

Guess there's no reason to play the games. Could save a lot of money and just make them co champs.

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I wonder what people are going to say if GSU wins the national championship haha.

GSUEagle08
December 11th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I wonder what people are going to say if GSU wins the national championship haha.

LOL

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM
It's certainly possible.. if Wofford hadn't rallied as they did (and certainly should have) then we would have had our way with every team we've played thus far. You could argue that SCSU is highly overrated and W&M played poorly that day and that the only reason we did so well against Wofford was turnovers... but what will happen when we play Delaware? We certainly have "momentum" on our side to say the least.

Reign of Terrier
December 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM
It's certainly possible.. if Wofford hadn't rallied as they did (and certainly should have) then we would have had our way with every team we've played thus far. You could argue that SCSU is highly overrated and W&M played poorly that day and that the only reason we did so well against Wofford was turnovers... but what will happen when we play Delaware? We certainly have "momentum" on our side to say the least.

you could say the same thing about Wofford keeping it close due to turnovers....quite frankly that game was too close to blame on anything

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
you could say the same thing about Wofford keeping it close due to turnovers....quite frankly that game was too close to blame on anything

Yeah I just thought of that. GSU got up quick due to turnovers and Wofford got back in it off of that defensive TD. Honestly my favorite game of the playoffs without being too bias.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I hope either Villanova or EWU wins. If karma means anything, Nova will.

GATA
December 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Anybody seeing a pattern? As soon as someone loses to a team they go on to proclaim how they can't see how that particular team is going to lose to anybody else in the tournament? What is this like a coping mechanism?

You don't have a ****ing clue so stop guessing.

If everybody was THAT good at picking winners or judging talent we wouldn't all be so shocked that GSU is in the semifinals.

Reign of Terrier
December 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah I just thought of that. GSU got up quick due to turnovers and Wofford got back in it off of that defensive TD. Honestly my favorite game of the playoffs without being too bias.

yeah, for some reason I don't feel as bad as I thought I would....I love my team.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
having watched both games I think Nova is clearly the favorite. The 18 point win at ASU is more impressive than Delaware's good 2nd half at home against a struggling New Hampshire offense. Plus Nova just beat Delaware, and they have mr. everything back in prime form. I will say that Delaware's defense is much better than what we saw from ASU today.....but still doubt Delaware can outscore Nova. I think Delaware will have their hands full with GSU.

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
yeah, for some reason I don't feel as bad as I thought I would....I love my team.

History holds true yet again. The road team has won 5 straight in the series now? Or is it 6? Either way it was a damn good game... sloppy but good.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Everyone said last year the winner of App St. vs Montana would win it all and look at how that turned out. UD and Nova cannot look past GSU and EWU or they will both lose. This is the playoffs and you take it one game at a time. My guess is that it won't be a Nova - Delaware final, though that would make a very sweet championship.

appst97
December 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM

IMO based on what I saw, GSU is the best team left. with a healthy Shaw? GSU could (should) raise no 7, Guess that would confirm Socon as toughest FCS league!

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Everyone said last year the winner of App St. vs Montana would win it all and look at how that turned out. UD and Nova cannot look past GSU and EWU or they will both lose. This is the playoffs and you take it one game at a time. My guess is that it won't be a Nova - Delaware final, though that would make a very sweet championship.

I guess it depends on you point of view. I might not even watch that game.

UncleSam
December 11th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Based on what I saw Villanova due to App, I would have to disagree.

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Based on what I saw Villanova due to App, I would have to disagree.

Any given Saturday..... or Friday.

VBR_Productions
December 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM
The CAA fan in me expects a Delaware/Villanova final. The realist in me recognizes that Georgia Southern already beat one CAA team in the playoffs on the road. Regardless of GSU/UDel, I wouldn't bet against a healthy Szczur/Whitney combination against anyone in FCS.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Well I guess this is why games are played on the field instead of on message boards. EWU stands no chance according to most people on here, yet anyone of you would gladly trade spots with them so your team could have a crack at a birth in the NC game. Did Nova look better against App St than EWU did against SDSU? Many would say so, but that's why they games are played right? Let's decide it on the field and may the best team on that day win the game.

jmufan999
December 11th, 2010, 08:13 PM
if EWU wins, i will TOTALLY be a believer in their homefield advantage. nova is extremely fast and will be even faster on that turf.

DSPSelym
December 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM
if EWU wins, i will TOTALLY be a believer in their homefield advantage. nova is extremely fast and will be even faster on that turf.

I'm glad that if we make it past Delaware we won't have to worry about that blood field.

soccerguy315
December 11th, 2010, 08:45 PM
GSU should not be counted out... if they play like they did against W&M and the first part of the Wofford game, they will give Delaware a lot of trouble.

I don't really think EWU will give Nova much trouble, but that is just my gut feeling. Nova has been traveling a lot recently, so that might catch up to them.

GoGSU
December 11th, 2010, 09:23 PM

Just because YOU can't beat that awful team...don't think we can't.....GSU will beat Delaware....no doubt about it!

straightshooter
December 11th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind folks. Wofford knows GSU like a book because they run much the same offense. Lots of the same plays, but from a different set. The blocking assignments are very similar. That's not the same with Delaware. Granted, the Bluehens have seen the option in past years, but not this season and maybe only once last season. And don't anyone say JMU's option. What GSU brings to the table is nothing like the JMU offense. I'm not so sure that many of the current starters on the UD D have seen that offense, and they won't be able to see it at the speed and with the kinds of blocks they'll face on Saturday with just a few days of practice.

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Keep in mind folks. Wofford knows GSU like a book because they run much the same offense. Lots of the same plays, but from a different set. The blocking assignments are very similar. That's not the same with Delaware. Granted, the Bluehens have seen the option in past years, but not this season and maybe only once last season. And don't anyone say JMU's option. What GSU brings to the table is nothing like the JMU offense. I'm not so sure that many of the current starters on the UD D have seen that offense, and they won't be able to see it at the speed and with the kinds of blocks they'll face on Saturday with just a few days of practice.

Should I email Coach Keeler and tell the team not to show up?

straightshooter
December 11th, 2010, 09:34 PM

Of course not. It wouldn't look good for UD to not show up at a home game, but there sure is a lot of talk on this board that indicates an all CAA final. That may actually happen, but GSU's freshman and sophomore laden team will show up anyway. People may be right in saying that GSU has not chance, but the team doesn't know that.

Oldhen
December 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'm not so sure that many of the current starters on the UD D have seen that offense, and they won't be able to see it at the speed and with the kinds of blocks they'll face on Saturday with just a few days of practice.

Having seen us prepare for and play TO teams fairly regularly, it usually works out the same... it takes a most of quarter for the D to catch up with the TO at the speed the other team can run it. After that point, it's about personnel and execution. When we've been beat by TO teams, it was usually because they were just better, and could have run the I or wing-T for all it mattered.

SouthernMan
December 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Not a chance. It will be too much fun watching your guys run out of breath in the first quarter and run over beginning in the second.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2010, 12:25 PM

GS WHO ???????

UNH Fanboi
December 12th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Just because YOU can't beat that awful team...don't think we can't.....GSU will beat Delaware....no doubt about it!

Awful team? They have the best defense in FCS and a future NFL quarterback.

Wildcat80
December 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hey GSU & EWU fans I'd love to see it.......but Nova with scuzr back is a team with momentum and UDel has a QB that does not throw INT's & a very good defense. Have at it!

jmufan999
December 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
having watched both games I think Nova is clearly the favorite. The 18 point win at ASU is more impressive than Delaware's good 2nd half at home against a struggling New Hampshire offense. Plus Nova just beat Delaware, and they have mr. everything back in prime form. I will say that Delaware's defense is much better than what we saw from ASU today.....but still doubt Delaware can outscore Nova. I think Delaware will have their hands full with GSU.

agree with all of this.

TrueBlueHen
December 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
agree with all of this.

Hey jmufan.. didn't we BEAT you guys with our 2nd string qb? xnodx

BTW - Any news on those 4 thugs from your fb team & their beat down of that poor boy?

wmmii
December 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
It would be awesome for a CAA final between to the two, I think that UD has the tougher game to win having seen GSU take us to the woodshed

boonegoon
December 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM

I just threw up in my mouth.

bluehenbillk
December 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
The Hatefest in Frisco?? Oh man, that'd be the sweetest win EVER!! Gotta free place to stay in Plano - man 3 weeks of trash talk are about to kickoff!!