PDA

View Full Version : StonyBrook 2011 Schedule Released

Seawolf97
December 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
StonyBrook has released their 2011 schedule this afternoon. Featuring back to back FBS opponents and six home games-this is their best schedule to date since going full scholarship football.

9/3 @ UTEP-in the Sunbowl
9/10 @ Buffalo
9/17 Brown- StonyBrook
9/24 Lafayette- Home Coming Game-StonyBrook
10/8 Presbyterian -StonyBrook
10/15 St Anselms -StonyBrook
10/22 @ VMI
10/29 Coastal Carolina -StonyBrook
11/5 @ Charleston Southern
11/12 @ Gardner-Webb
11/19 Liberty Univ. -StonyBrook -Senior Day
Looks like our bye week is 10/1 . Guessing St Anselms is D-2 ? We will going forward play two FBS teams every season now.

hawkineer
December 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
StonyBrook has released their 2011 schedule this afternoon. Featuring back to back FBS opponents and six home games-this is their best schedule to date since going full scholarship football.

9/3 @ UTEP-in the Sunbowl
9/10 @ Buffalo
9/17 Brown- StonyBrook
9/24 Lafayette- Home Coming Game-StonyBrook
10/8 Presbyterian -StonyBrook
10/15 St Anselms -StonyBrook
10/22 @ VMI
10/29 Coastal Carolina -StonyBrook
11/5 @ Charleston Southern
11/12 @ Gardner-Webb
11/19 Liberty Univ. -StonyBrook -Senior Day
Looks like our bye week is 10/1 . Guessing St Anselms is D-2 ? We will going forward play two FBS teams every season now.
It's never a good sign to be scheduled as a team's homecoming game!xlolxxlolx

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
We look forward to the event!!!

Bogus Megapardus
December 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
It's never a good sign to be scheduled as a team's homecoming game!xlolxxlolx

How true. Just ask Stony Brook, who lost to a historically bad Lafayette team this year at Lafayette's homecoming.

Keenan
December 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Who? What? Where? St. Anselm's????

hawkineer
December 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM

Wow, I didn't notice them. I had to look it up. The school is in Manchester, NH and was 2-9 this year with wins over Pace and New Haven. They must be DII.

http://athletics.anselm.edu/sports/fball/index

Bogus Megapardus
December 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Nice little NE-10 school. Great lacrosse tradition. Very strong ice hockey program. Division I-level varsity skiing. Stuff you southern boys can't appreciate! xnodx

Keenan
December 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Nice little NE-10 school. Great lacrosse tradition. Very strong ice hockey program. Division I-level varsity skiing. Stuff you southern boys can't appreciate! xnodx

Hey, Liberty has hockey and skiing!

http://www.liberty.edu/snowflex/

Seawolf97
December 12th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Still I can think of a dozen or so teams at the D-1 level we probably could have scheduled. This past season we had to find a replacement for Hofstra and D-2 AIC obliged. I just hope this is not a sign of scheduling 2 FBS teams and a road kill D-2. Lets play a CAA, PL. IVY or NEC team instead.

superman7515
December 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Still I can think of a dozen or so teams at the D-1 level we probably could have scheduled. This past season we had to find a replacement for Hofstra and D-2 AIC obliged. I just hope this is not a sign of scheduling 2 FBS teams and a road kill D-2. Lets play a CAA, PL. IVY or NEC team instead.

The bigger problem is, just assuming that there is no upset of UTEP or Buffalo, you'll have to win the AQ or go 7-1 in FCS games to make the playoffs because the D2 game doesn't count and two money games don't help.

TexasTerror
December 12th, 2010, 11:54 AM
The bigger problem is, just assuming that there is no upset of UTEP or Buffalo, you'll have to win the AQ or go 7-1 in FCS games to make the playoffs because the D2 game doesn't count and two money games don't help.

The way the Big South is setup, I do think that Stony Brook should be in the mix for the league title, just as they were this year. I think the $$$ coming in from the FBS games will only solidify their program, though I don't agree with it... see my remarks re: the entire SLC's schedule as of late!

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM
It would be nice to play at the Sun Bowl - considering we gave up our sole shot at an invite on New Years Day 1949.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
It would be nice to play at the Sun Bowl - considering we gave up our sole shot at an invite on New Years Day 1949.

We didn't give it up - we stood tall. Losing only to Army and Rutgers that year (yes, we trounced a "glory days" Fordham team and Lehigh that season), we were chosen to face Texas-El Paso in the Sun Bowl on New Years' Day. The Pards chose not to play for very good reasons, consistent with the unbroken integrity and history of Lafayette College football. I would have stood with them had I been on the team at that time. It would be fitting for the Humble Little College on the Hill to visit El Paso sometime in the near future, wouldn't it?

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM

Slight correction. Very nice little NE-10 school, but the real school tradition, like many small Catholic/Jesuit/... schools is basketball. Excellent small college athletic facilities, too.

Uncle Buck
December 13th, 2010, 12:37 PM
The way the Big South is setup, I do think that Stony Brook should be in the mix for the league title, just as they were this year. I think the $$$ coming in from the FBS games will only solidify their program, though I don't agree with it... see my remarks re: the entire SLC's schedule as of late!

I agree, I think SBU will once again be in position to challenge, but i also think that no matter what, they're probably going to be in a "you have to win it to be in it" scenario in regard to the conference championship and AQ. I don't like two FBS and a DII game at all, i would have enjoyed seeing the CAA games continue.

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Slight correction. Very nice little NE-10 school, but the real school tradition, like many small Catholic/Jesuit/... schools is basketball. Excellent small college athletic facilities, too.

Meh - I think they're Benedictines. The Jesuits wouldn't give them the time of day (except to cut their lawns).

Sly Fox
December 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Trust me, as a Big South member there is no reason to ever think of being considered for an at large. We're no powerhouse like the MEAC. Wait, what?

Outside of the game against a team we have to look up on Wikipedia, that's a nice little schedule for the Seawolves.

Seawolf97
December 13th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Trust me, as a Big South member there is no reason to ever think of being considered for an at large. We're no powerhouse like the MEAC. Wait, what?

Outside of the game against a team we have to look up on Wikipedia, that's a nice little schedule for the Seawolves.

I just hope scheduling a D-2 doesnt become a trend. Otherwise it is good schedule. We recruit alot in Texas for football and baseball so a game down there is a plus. Maybe next year ( 2012) we will go to California another recruiting ground for SBU.

Sly Fox
December 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I've seen you guys recruiting in Dallas but El Paso is not a recruiting advantage for much of anything. But it is a decent payday. Just stay away from Juarez. Its the most dangerous city in North America and there is not even a close second.