PDA

View Full Version : ndsu @ eastern washington game thread

Pages : [1] 2

EdubAlum
December 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Bring on the bison!

DJKyR0
December 4th, 2010, 06:01 PM
We comin'. Give us a week to clean the Bobcat off the team's cleats.

100%GRIZ
December 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Nice Wins for both teams - Should be a Dogfight! Whoever can run the ball better will win!

EdubAlum
December 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM
luckily EWU's running back is O.K. :)

No_Skill
December 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Should be a good one.

Can't wait.

Bisonforlife
December 4th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I am definitely looking forward to this one, it looks like an evenly matched game

TonkaBison
December 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Posting will start in earnest once the plane lands in Fargo. Meanwhile the crowd was wild in Minneapolis and I think the red turf will match well with the green and white jerseys. The battle will be won in the trenches!

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM
See if Thunder and Lightning can strike again (McNorton & Sigers) :)

Twentysix
December 5th, 2010, 01:06 AM
how many rb screen passes did we complete at MSU? I didnt notice any, i was disappointed, seemed like one of our greatest assets in some of the games.

Cant wait for next weekend, this game will be televised in ND right?

JSUBison
December 5th, 2010, 01:32 AM
how many rb screen passes did we complete at MSU? I didnt notice any, i was disappointed, seemed like one of our greatest assets in some of the games.

I think Jose completed one to a TE or FB, but it only for a few yards.

darell1976
December 5th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Go Eastern Washington!! GO Big Sky!!!!

Houndawg
December 5th, 2010, 07:40 AM
luckily EWU's running back is O.K. :)

I could run for 100 yds. behind the bison o line , and i'm 56.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Only 5 passes completed total. Hard to believe the Bison could play so well despite the fact that the QBs were a combined 5-19 for 56 yards and 1 INT.

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2010, 09:51 AM
The QB play, is going to have to start producing more. I know its tough, with injuries and all, but 56 yards probably wont get it done the rest of the way. Unless the rest of the team continues to play out of there skulls. Should be a fun game.

No_Skill
December 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
We haven't had a passing game all year...no need to get one now. :)

Defense and running game...I'll take that all week and twice on Saturdays.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 5th, 2010, 12:13 PM
FYI, the game will be available on ESPN3.com via the net if your cable company is one of their affiliates, and also available on TV thru ESPN Game Plan (PPV) if you want to go that route. This is from a national perspective. Not sure how this will play out locally in the Fargo and Spokane DMA's. courtesy of ncaa.com and by mousing over the individual games on the playoff bracket.

green and gold
December 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I see your qb is Bo Levi Mitchell former starter for smu

dudeitsaid
December 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Yep, Bo Levi Mitchell. Why do you ask?

I think BLM played one of his best games this Saturday, aside from one horribly thrown INT to a SEMO defender allowing him to walk into the End Zone.

It's nice to read a couple of things on here.
It seems the majority think NDSU will win. Hope that goes to their heads.
They are virtually run only. That should make it easier to game plan.
The MSU loss is pointed out as if it means this should be an easy win. I mean, if they blew us out, and NDSU blew MSU out, they should beat the Eags by 70.

However, this game's at the Inferno. TJ is healthy (which he was knocked out early in the MSU game, and BLM didn't have his sea legs yet). BLM is playing his best football as of late. EWU has multiple dimensions that will keep the NDSU defense guessing.

I think this game could be very interesting. I honestly think it is anyone's game. However, I have to lean to EWU if BLM continues to play well. Watching EWU this year, I've rarely felt like EWU was in total control, yet they find ways to win. I'm excited to see the game. However, it's hard to believe whoever wins has any chance against App or Villanova. Who know...Congrats to the Bison for their win against MSU.

EdubAlum
December 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I could run for 100 yds. behind the bison o line , and i'm 56.

off 100 carries? :)

green and gold
December 5th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yep, Bo Levi Mitchell. Why do you ask?

I think BLM played one of his best games this Saturday, aside from one horribly thrown INT to a SEMO defender allowing him to walk into the End Zone.

It's nice to read a couple of things on here.
The MSU loss is pointed out as if it means this should be an easy win. I mean, if they blew us out, and NDSU blew MSU out, they should beat the Eags by 70.

However, this game's at the Inferno. TJ is healthy (which he was knocked out early in the MSU game, and BLM didn't have his sea legs yet). BLM is playing his best football as of late. EWU has multiple dimensions that will keep the NDSU defense guessing.

I think this game could be very interesting. I honestly think it is anyone's game. However, I have to lean to EWU if BLM continues to play well. Watching EWU this year, I've rarely felt like EWU was in total control, yet they find ways to win. I'm excited to see the game. However, it's hard to believe whoever wins has any chance against App or Villanova. Who know...Congrats to the Bison for their win against MSU.
i was just a little suprised did solid for smu last year until padron took over

dudeitsaid
December 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM
He's had some rough moments for the Eagles. Truthfully, he was painful to watch until recently. I still cringe when I see him throw the ball. I think Kaufman has saved his bacon with some miraculous receptions in double coverage and the such. But this last game, he spread the ball around a lot more than I've ever seen, was relatively accurate, made smart throws, and seemed confident. I was worried after the first INT, but he remained composed. And though he is no superstar by any means, he managed the game well. If he plays like that, EWU will be a much more challenging team to beat.

gotts
December 5th, 2010, 11:52 PM

Doubt it. They still know they're on the road against a highly ranked team.

Didn't MSU think that?

Anyone who doesn't have the blinders on knows that game was a while ago, injuries played a role, and this will be a much different EWU team. I think the comparative score indexing machine should just blow up.

However, this game's at the Inferno.

Is that legal? The NCAA allows that?

EWU has multiple dimensions that will keep the NDSU defense guessing.

Dude, quit holding out! Share that fourth dimension. Will I need special glasses to see it on tv?

/sarcasm

All joking aside, I'm really looking forward to this weekend's game. I'm not one to make predictions, namely because I don't know enough about the opposing team as I do NDSU. Best of luck to EWU, wish I could make it out west for the game!

JBB
December 6th, 2010, 06:31 AM
gotts has put in his two cents. Great, thats all we need. Somebody who admits they know nothing after they pontificate endlessly.

Waxing eloquently, I say gotts is 100% correct. He doesnt know enough about the other team, or anything, to make a predication.

I do. I pick NDSU to win and E. Warshington to place.

Hammerhead
December 6th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I'm looking forward to the game. Playoffs are 100 times better than the voting like they do in figure skating and the FBS.

gotts
December 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
gotts has put in his two cents. Great, thats all we need. Somebody who admits they know nothing after they pontificate endlessly.

Waxing eloquently, I say gotts is 100% correct. He doesnt know enough about the other team, or anything, to make a predication.

I do. I pick NDSU to win and E. Warshington to place.

I'd rather hold back and not predict much than try to say/predict everything like you do, just saying.

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Great to have the opportunity to play EWU with the playoff expansion. Looking forward to the red carpet treatment by the Eagles :)
Good Luck to Eastern Washington.

NDSU_grad
December 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM

We tried a middle screen early in the game to Lang and MSU blew it up. I think they schemed pretty well for the screen game. Luckily, we has some other things going.

OrygunBison
December 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I will be at the game. Will I need any special glasses so that my eyes aren't injured by that hideous field?

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I don't care what the reasons are they thought that hideous thing may be a good idea it wasn't and it still isn't. That thing flat out looks like ****. Sorry guys but if that's what you want to hang your hat on more power to you but the NCAA shouldn't allow that crap. Blue or Red they are both hideous.

Ivytalk
December 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I don't care what the reasons are they thought that hideous thing may be a good idea it wasn't and it still isn't. That thing flat out looks like ****. Sorry guys but if that's what you want to hang your hat on more power to you but the NCAA shouldn't allow that crap. Blue or Red they are both hideous.

Yep, if a buffalo can't eat it, you shouldn't play FB on it.

EWU 26, NDSU 21.

EdubAlum
December 6th, 2010, 06:25 PM

I feel the same way about yellow and green uniforms....

No_Skill
December 6th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Can we just get off the field color already? We've had our fun and I'm certain our fine feathered friends have heard it all 1,000 times before.

Let's get back to the good stuff.

We have a quarterfinal playoff game to discuss!

EdubAlum
December 6th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Can we just get off the field color already? We've had our fun and I'm certain our fine feathered friends have heard it all 1,000 times before.

Let's get back to the good stuff.

We have a quarterfinal playoff game to discuss!

AGREED!

NDSUFREAK
December 7th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Great to have the opportunity to play EWU with the playoff expansion. Looking forward to the red carpet treatment by the Eagles :)
Good Luck to Eastern Washington.

ahhhh...i see what you did there....

TheBisonator
December 7th, 2010, 11:43 PM
ahhhh...i see what you did there....

"You like eating red carpet??!! TELL ME YOU LIKE EATING RED CARPET!!!" -Lois Griffin

JBB
December 8th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I'd rather hold back and not predict much than try to say/predict everything like you do, just saying.

Oh you do go on dont you?

NDSU will open this game up with the pass through our West Coast offense.

There's another predication for you gotts. Have I touched on everything yet? Am i ok now or do you still disapprove?

NDSU runs a nice west coast "Quick Strike" offense. Its there in reserve and Saturday may be the day we see it blossom.
JBB: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20598&p=411450#p411450

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Bison win this game with their defense......big surprise.

If the Bison can pass the ball effectively then IMO, it might be a bigger Bison win.

If a lot of Bison fans make the trip, they will probably have about the same # of fans as EWU.

Bison 28-17

EdubAlum
December 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM

If the Bison can pass the ball effectively then IMO, it might be a bigger Bison win.

If a lot of Bison fans make the trip, they will probably have about the same # of fans as EWU.

Bison 28-17

Bison Defense gets shredded by EWU offense...big surprise (and I don't care how big your defensive line is, or how well they played against Montana State)

If EWU doesn't turn the ball over, EWU wins by 20+

without the crapple cup going on there will be a lot more EWU fans than last week, don't expect we'll have only 3k fans this week.

no way in hell Eastern only scores 17 points...

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Bison Defense gets shredded by EWU offense...big surprise (and I don't care how big your defensive line is, or how well they played against Montana State)

If EWU doesn't turn the ball over, EWU wins by 20+

without the crapple cup going on there will be a lot more EWU fans than last week, don't expect we'll have only 3k fans this week.

no way in hell Eastern only scores 17 points...

FYI, NDSU has not lost by more than 12 this season, I doubt they lose by 20+.

EdubAlum
December 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM

EWU has not scored only 17 points in one game, so 28-17 is pretty unlikely also.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
EWU has not scored only 17 points in one game, so 28-17 is pretty unlikely also.

Montana St was 6-0 at home this season (as the ESPN graphic kept reminding everyone) at this time last week. Expect the unexpected in the playoffs when anything can happen on any given day. I don't expect NDSU to lose by more than 20 and I don't expect EWU to score less than 17 points but either could happen. I'll say NDSU 27, EWU 20.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Heck NDSU hasn't lost by 20+ since 2005 when we were ambushed by Cal Poly.

clawman
December 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Montana St was 6-0 at home this season (as the ESPN graphic kept reminding everyone) at this time last week. Expect the unexpected in the playoffs when anything can happen on any given day. I don't expect NDSU to lose by more than 20 and I don't expect EWU to score less than 17 points but either could happen. I'll say NDSU 27, EWU 20.

Funny guy

Default Re: ndsu @ eastern washington game thread

Bison 28-17

Even funnier, How does a 4 loss team get so good? Just because of one win??

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Getting injured players back on the field, and the maturity of 5 Freshmen starters is a start. :)

clawman
December 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Getting injured players back on the field, and the maturity of 5 Freshmen starters is a start. :)

May be a start but the Bison are going to need a big leap (which maybe a buffalo jump) to make this happen. The Eagles are WAY too deep, big, and fast to lose this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
May be a start but the Bison are going to need a big leap (which maybe a buffalo jump) to make this happen. The Eagles are WAY too deep, big, and fast to lose this one.

Gee....same thing as Kansas and Montana State.

Maybe we should forfeit cus we are already beat......

We'll see how big-fast and deep you guys are on saturday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Funny guy

Default Re: ndsu @ eastern washington game thread

Bison 28-17

9-2 in the Big Sky is not that impressive this year......top heavy conference like it always is.

Montana State was going to "crush" us just like you guys are suppose to......LOL

As mentioned earlier....it is called injuries and guys coming back, in reference to our record.

I'm still saying if we can have a good, consistent passing game....we'll win by a comfortable margain.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2010, 08:30 PM

How does a team who beat a D2 by 3 points at home get so good?

EWU may have the speed advantage but NDSU definitely has the size advantage and neither team has a depth advantage. To say that either team is going to be blown out of this game or that one or the other is WAY too talented/strong/good to lose is just ignorant and shows unfamiliarity with the opponent.

MplsBison
December 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
The QB play, is going to have to start producing more. I know its tough, with injuries and all, but 56 yards probably wont get it done the rest of the way. Unless the rest of the team continues to play out of there skulls. Should be a fun game.

*There's no way I can say what I want to say, truthfully, without offending Big Sky fans. You've been warned.*

Honestly, if NDSU runs the ball and plays defense as well as they did against Montana St - EWU has no chance. Simple as that. NDSU doesn't even have the throw the ball.

By all accounts of the Big Sky regular season, EWU wasn't as good as MSU. It is what it is. There's a reason EW is seeded #5 and MSU was seeded #4. They're not as good. Might be pretty close. EW might even win 5 out of 10 games against MSU this season.

But if NDSU plays the exact same way they did in Bozeman, it'll be another close game in the 3rd qtr with the final score being NDSU 40s EW teens.

I think that must say something about the Big Sky this year, when fact of the matter is that I did (and still do) believe that the MVFC was down.

I think that also means that the SoCon and CAA are just that much better than everyone else in FCS this season. WIU was better than NDSU this year, again a simple truth. And ASU spanked them. Spanked them good. Lehigh beat MVFC's best team on the road and then got spanked by Delaware.

If NDSU beats EW this week and has to go to ASU next week, it's over. That's another level of ball being played out there. And if Nova somehow wins, then NDSU's only chance is the game being played in Fargo.

My $0.02.

F350KINGRANCH
December 8th, 2010, 09:29 PM
wow i agree with mplsbison time to go see a psychiatrist

clawman
December 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM
*There's no way I can say what I want to say, truthfully, without offending Big Sky fans. You've been warned.*

Honestly, if NDSU runs the ball and plays defense as well as they did against Montana St - EWU has no chance. Simple as that. NDSU doesn't even have the throw the ball.

By all accounts of the Big Sky regular season, EWU wasn't as good as MSU. It is what it is. There's a reason EW is seeded #5 and MSU was seeded #4. They're not as good. Might be pretty close. EW might even win 5 out of 10 games against MSU this season.

But if NDSU plays the exact same way they did in Bozeman, it'll be another close game in the 3rd qtr with the final score being NDSU 40s EW teens.

I think that must say something about the Big Sky this year, when fact of the matter is that I did (and still do) believe that the MVFC was down.

I think that also means that the SoCon and CAA are just that much better than everyone else in FCS this season. WIU was better than NDSU this year, again a simple truth. And ASU spanked them. Spanked them good. Lehigh beat MVFC's best team on the road and then got spanked by Delaware.

If NDSU beats EW this week and has to go to ASU next week, it's over. That's another level of ball being played out there. And if Nova somehow wins, then NDSU's only chance is the game being played in Fargo.

My $0.02.

LOL

JBB
December 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Professor Chaos you are right on. NDSU has the depth. Ive watched the Montana game several times. The BISON were for all practical purposes "platooning".

JBB
December 8th, 2010, 10:19 PM

Wonderful insight Gil!!

OrygunBison
December 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM
If the Bison win, it'll be 42-24.

If the Eagle win, it'll be 24 - 17.

We won't lose big but might win big. If we are close at the end of 3, we win.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM
EWU's oline averages about 280 6'4~ (I do not know whos a starter and who isnt, There roster site is terrible, cant even sort it by position group. Time to call Nuelion)

there biggest guy (id assume center) is about 25 pounds smaller than ours.

NDSU

63 Richard, Austin C 6-3 327 Jr. Fargo, N.D. (South HS)
57 Andersen, Boen OG 6-2 292 Jr. Wayzata , Minn. (NDSCS) (Minnetonka HS)
68 Beckius, Ty OG 6-4 300 So. Mahnomen, Minn. (Mahnomen HS)
73 Lund, Joe OG 6-2 298 So. Bloomington, Minn. (Kennedy HS)
66 McGregor, DJ OG 6-2 308 Sr. Warren, Minn. (Warren-Alvarado-Oslo HS)
61 Britt, Will OL 6-4 294 Jr. Brooklyn Center, Minn. (DeLaSalle HS)
76 Hinz, Jesse OL 6-3 284 Fr. Beatrice, Neb. (Beatrice HS)
67 Jacobs, Hank OL 6-4 284 RFr. Beaver Dam, Wis. (Beaver Dam HS)
72 Jerve, Jeff OL 6-4 292 RFr. Montevideo, Minn. (Montevideo HS)
74 Nack, Andrew OL 6-3 273 RFr. Osakis, Minn. (Osakis HS)
75 Pomerenke, Jason OL 6-5 288 Fr. Sioux Center, Iowa (Sioux Center Community HS)
65 Schueller, Adam OL 6-3 293 Fr. Fergus Falls, Minn. (Fergus Falls HS)
77 Turner, Billy OL 6-4 289 Fr. Shoreview, Minn. (Mounds View HS)
52 Arndt, Michael OT 6-6 318 Sr. LaMoure, N.D. (LaMoure HS)
78 Cornick, Paul OT 6-6 305 Jr. Orono, Minn. (Orono HS)

I appologize if i missed any players.

EWU
-------------------
96 Josh Antonson OL 6-4 250 So. SQ* Kennewick, Wash. / Southridge HS '08
75 Jase Butorac OL 6-3 280 Fr. HS Sammamish, Wash. / Skyline HS '10
70 Steven Forgette OL 6-4 280 Fr. HS* Vancouver, Wash. / Heritage HS '09
61 Jared Hansen OL 6-5 295 Fr. HS University Place, Wash. / Curtis HS '10
75 Cody Humphrey OL 6-5 260 Fr. HS* Hermiston, Ore. / Hermiston HS '09
60 Gabriel Jackson OL 6-4 275 Jr. 2L* Tacoma, Wash. / Mt. Tahoma HS '06
79 Brice Leahy OL 6-7 295 Sr. 2L* Gig Harbor, Wash. / Gig Harbor HS '06
66 Ashton Miller OL 6-2 265 Fr. HS* Vancouver, Wash. / Evergreen HS '09
58 Clint Moquist OL 6-3 280 Sr. 1L* Spokane, Wash. / University HS '06
77 Brandon Murphy OL 6-4 305 Fr. HS* Albany, Ore. / West Albany HS '09
72 Nikolai Myers OL 6-4 295 Sr. 2L* Seattle, Wash. / Ingraham HS '06
76 Will Post OL 6-6 295 So. 1L* Portland, Ore. / Southridge HS '08
78 Chris Powers OL 6-2 270 Jr. 1L* Black Diamond, Wash. / Tahoma HS '07
52 Drew Reynolds OL 6-1 270 Fr. HS* Tacoma, Wash. / Foss HS '09
74 Russell Turpin OL 6-4 290 Fr. HS* Kent, Wash. / Kentridge HS '09
67 Caleb Worthington OL 6-7 295 Fr. HS* Boise, Idaho / Mountain View HS '09

It looks like EWU's line is alittle bigger than montana state's, but not drastically bigger.

Gratzek should be blowing them up by the end of the game.

dudeitsaid
December 9th, 2010, 12:54 AM
NDSU will need a decent passing game to win. If they try running only, it will like the SEMO game. It might work for a while, but JC Sherritt and Renard Williams as well as others will figure it out, shut it down, and force you to pass. If the NDSU attack is more balanced, as EWU's will be, it will be harder to stop. Virtually every player on SEMO's O-line, their QB, and of course Offensive Player of the Year Henry Harris (the FCS leading rusher) were First Team OVC. They were a rush first offense that in the second half were completely figured out, had to resort to passing primarily, and got shut down.

I don't think either team dominates this either. But, based on the way the teams match up and what happened last Saturday, I like our odds. If EWU plays their game, and the QB is on, Eagles by 10.

Also, I feel the same way about the Nova/App game. If we win, our only chance of making it to the NC is if Nova wins and we play them at home.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM
NDSU will need a decent passing game to win. If they try running only, it will like the SEMO game. It might work for a while, but JC Sherritt and Renard Williams as well as others will figure it out, shut it down, and force you to pass. If the NDSU attack is more balanced, as EWU's will be, it will be harder to stop. Virtually every player on SEMO's O-line, their QB, and of course Offensive Player of the Year Henry Harris (the FCS leading rusher) were First Team OVC. They were a rush first offense that in the second half were completely figured out, had to resort to passing primarily, and got shut down.

I don't think either team dominates this either. But, based on the way the teams match up and what happened last Saturday, I like our odds. If EWU plays their game, and the QB is on, Eagles by 10.

Also, I feel the same way about the Nova/App game. If we win, our only chance of making it to the NC is if Nova wins and we play them at home.

Difference is there an OVC rush first offense.

Were an MVFC rush first offense. You will see.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM

OVC ain't the MVFC, son. [/Rooster Cogburn]

Go Bison
December 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
This is what playoff football is all about! Great story lines in this game. Both teams have a great running attacks. Turnovers will be key and how effective EWU's QB is. NDSU has shut down a lot of good QBs this year but I will admit that EWU looks to be a bit more balanced with Taiwan Jones running the ball. I think it will be important as to who scores first in this game, it might be tough for NDSU to play catch up if EWU comes out fast. If the game is close, NDSU has the advantage on the OL and DL especially late in the game. NDSU's chances for winning will go up substancially if they can force EWU to be one dimensional and pass the ball. If EWU has a more balance offensive attack then the game favors EWU. With that said, I am ready for game time and it is only Thursday!

Witsend
December 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
my daughter went to EWU for grad school...I graduated from App State....go Eagles

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM

My $0.02.

No Mplssue

Our defense can play with anyone in the country right now. If we get by EW and App St gets by Vill, that would be one heck of a FB game......one that I would fly to see.

It would be awesome to have Vill in the FFD for a semi/final game. I would like our chances.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I have to give it to NDSU fans for being the most bipolar suns-a-guns in the FCS.

Not three weeks ago (when NDSU gave a despicably poor effort at Missouri St, with the playoffs seemingly on the line) people were ready to fire Vigen, Bohl and be done with the team. The world had ended.

They instead backed into the playoffs, struggled to control a 20-scholarship team for 3.5 quarters and then, admittedly, crushed a supposedly #4 ranked MSU team.

Now NDSU fans have won the lottery and are ready to take on anyone.

Look, the MVFC was not a good conference this year. I would say based on NDSU's performance in Bozeman and how well they play in Cheyney, the Big Sky could be even worse than the MVFC and vastly overrated.

But you can't tell me that the CAA and SoCon aren't playing at a higher level after what ASU did to WIU, a better team than NDSU, and what UDel did to Lehigh, the team that beat MVFC's best team at their place. You just can't tell me it.

Get your emotions under control, please. Look at things objectively.

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2010, 01:25 PM
No Mplssue

Our defense can play with anyone in the country right now. If we get by EW and App St gets by Vill, that would be one heck of a FB game......one that I would fly to see.

It would be awesome to have Vill in the FFD for a semi/final game. I would like our chances.

Good to see the Defense is healthy and the Freshmen have matured and are making a statement. Still going to be a tough game at EWU.

THE HERD
December 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Congrats on win vs SEMO and I am sure they were a decent team, but come on they are out the OVC! Look up the OVC's playoff record the last five to ten years....it is an average conference at best and no disrespect to the OVC, but your playoff record is your playoff record and it can't be disputed. So what I am saying is I would not hang your hat on your win vs SEMO. Now by me saying this doesn't mean I believe that we will walk in and dominate EW, but what I am saying is there is a pretty good chance that the Bison are a much better team than SEMO. SEMO's RB was the leading rusher in the FCS and I am sure he is a good back, but he put up most of those stats against the OVC, I would say that Jones and McNorton are as good and probably better than him.

dudeitsaid
December 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I agree, I believe NDSU is a better team than SEMO. That's why I could see either team winning this game. I think this game will be much closer than our last game, and NDSU very well may pull out the win. Especially if BLM has a bad day. But with the way he's been playing lately, I feel pretty good.

Though it will be close, EWU comes out on top. But how many of us our really going to pick against our team:)

BTW, Division II Central Washington University should be in the FCS, and they led Montana in 2008 into the 4th qtr where the Griz only won by 3 points. Then the Griz made it all the way to the NC where they lost by 2. CWU is almost a rivalry game in Washington. The always play great football in Division II and against EWU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I have to give it to NDSU fans for being the most bipolar suns-a-guns in the FCS.

Not three weeks ago (when NDSU gave a despicably poor effort at Missouri St, with the playoffs seemingly on the line) people were ready to fire Vigen, Bohl and be done with the team. The world had ended.

They instead backed into the playoffs, struggled to control a 20-scholarship team for 3.5 quarters and then, admittedly, crushed a supposedly #4 ranked MSU team.

Now NDSU fans have won the lottery and are ready to take on anyone.

Look, the MVFC was not a good conference this year. I would say based on NDSU's performance in Bozeman and how well they play in Cheyney, the Big Sky could be even worse than the MVFC and vastly overrated.

But you can't tell me that the CAA and SoCon aren't playing at a higher level after what ASU did to WIU, a better team than NDSU, and what UDel did to Lehigh, the team that beat MVFC's best team at their place. You just can't tell me it.

Get your emotions under control, please. Look at things objectively.

Obviously you still troll on bisonville. I would still get rid of Vigen, that still has not changed IMO.

Bison are a better team now then when we played WIU. Now way would we get beat 40-something to 14 by ASU right now. And Vill in our house.....the Bison win that game 9 out of 10 times.

When you can run the ball and play good defense then you can play with most teams. I like our chances against anyone still in the field right now.

LOL.....objectively.....ya, you go to siouxsports and stay there.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Obviously you still troll on bisonville. I would still get rid of Vigen, that still has not changed IMO.

Bison are a better team now then when we played WIU. Now way would we get beat 40-something to 14 by ASU right now. And Vill in our house.....the Bison win that game 9 out of 10 times.

When you can run the ball and play good defense then you can play with most teams. I like our chances against anyone still in the field right now.

Normally anything posted by him makes me want to throw up in my mouth but in this instance it's hard to disagree with him on part of this post anyway. Let me also enter in this disclaimer 98% of the rest of his posting is bunk. Now with that said.......

Had the Bison not made the playoffs which was a real distinct possibility people would have been warming up the Tar and gathering the feathers for both Bohl and Vigen. I'm still not sold on Vigen as an OC either. I don't know what happened with UNI pissing down thier leg with Lehigh and I'm not going to say that the MVFC or the BSC are down to the level he's portraying nor am I going to say that the CAA and SoCon are head and shoulders above the rest of the FCS. There are just flat out more teams in the Eastern half of the US common sense will dictate that the majority of the playoff teams will come from the Eastern or Central to Eastern parts of the country. The Bison are playing at a higher level right now than they have all season and I hope it continues all the way to Frisco but I'd also be the first to say I wouldn't have given you a plug nickel to bet they'd make it that far one month ago. But that's why they play the games on Saturday. I just hope the Bison have another week to prepare for another game after Saturday.

darell1976
December 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
The game will be on Altitude Alternate Channel 682 on Directv. Altitude channel 681 is showing a different program.

THE HERD
December 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I agree, I believe NDSU is a better team than SEMO. That's why I could see either team winning this game. I think this game will be much closer than our last game, and NDSU very well may pull out the win. Especially if BLM has a bad day. But with the way he's been playing lately, I feel pretty good.

Though it will be close, EWU comes out on top. But how many of us our really going to pick against our team:)

BTW, Division II Central Washington University should be in the FCS, and they led Montana in 2008 into the 4th qtr where the Griz only won by 3 points. Then the Griz made it all the way to the NC where they lost by 2. CWU is almost a rivalry game in Washington. The always play great football in Division II and against EWU.

I agree about your qb, the Bison will have to get some consistent pressure on him as we did to Mcghee last week, not necessarily sacks, but we need to at least get a lot of hurries and hope we can pick off a ball or two. I am gonna say just what I said last week and that is that the Bison need a couple to's to pull out the W.

clawman
December 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
No Mplssue

LOL

gjw007
December 9th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Obviously you still troll on bisonville.

He lost a bet and said that he would never post on Siouxsports again. He appears to be honoring his word.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM

If Central has both men's and women's XC and all four track teams, they still only have 13 sports. I think FCS minimum is 14.

theasushow
December 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM
ESPN's Scott Van Pelt was ranting and raving about NDSU on his radio show today, apparently he has some ties to NDSU or something, even had a Bison helmet on the set.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Here is a pic and video clip from his show today...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/bisonfan2008/vanpelt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGL9ObQdkQ

theasushow
December 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM
yea thats it lol.

MplsBison
December 9th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I'll go ahead and put this out there, since SVP was talking about it:

for all my ranting and raving about the latest new jersey designs, to me the classic triple-stripe helmet is the best looking design in football. Always has been and always will be. Doesn't matter what the side decal is, or if there is one..if you have the triple stripe design, you have a good looking helmet. Note, I also consider what some people call the "double stripe" to really be a triple stripe. For example, Wisconsin's helmet falls into this type. Technically it only has two red stripes on a while shell, but it still has the same effect as a triple stripe design.

This design is, well, head and shoulders above other inferior designs like the single stripe (not a bad second place, though), the no-stripe (I espcially detest this when there are no decals, way too bland) and then in last place, the non-standard stripes (Michigan/Delaware/Princeton style is ok).

JSUBison
December 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM
ESPN's Scott Van Pelt was ranting and raving about NDSU on his radio show today, apparently he has some ties to NDSU or something, even had a Bison helmet on the set.

Also had KFAN in the cities covering Bison football in their matchup against South Dakota, they called it the "Brew Beater Bowl".

Next up: Jim Rome and then PTI xlolx

Go Bison
December 10th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Actually this is the 2nd week in a row he had a Bison helmet on his show. The first week, he liked the helmet and this week he kept it on because he got some emails about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEGL9ObQdkQ

THE HERD
December 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM

He has no ties to NDSU, just loves our helmet, which means he has good taste.

F350KINGRANCH
December 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM
bump, jesus christ end of page 2 on game day!!!!!!!! cmon man

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
bump, jesus christ end of page 2 on game day!!!!!!!! cmon man

Yeah, I know. I think most people are just really antsy right now and just aren't saying much yet. But that should change shortly.

SDSUJacks
December 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Good luck today Bison, represent the MVFC well. I think you have a great chance in this one.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Whoever wins will have their hands full with either Villanova or App St. Both teams are looking good thus far.

swaghook
December 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Nova is looking good right now but that is the team the Bison fans are pulling for for the possible game next weekend at Fargo. Just need knock some pesky eagles around in their own nest.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Nova is looking good right now but that is the team the Bison fans are pulling for for the possible game next weekend at Fargo. Just need knock some pesky eagles around in their own nest.

Careful what you wish for...LOL Though I have to admit I'd glad to see the result. A win today would give us another home game. Wonder if Villanova made a competitive bid to host a semi-final game?

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm guessing that's not the type of start the Bison were hoping for defensively. Jones speed is much quicker in person than on film.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Bison fans...come out, come out wherever you are!!!

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Anyone else think that wasn't a catch?

GrizzlyEdd
December 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hmmmm 14-0 first qtr... Jones 4 carries for 130+yds.. hmmmmm

darell1976
December 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Just remember lots of football left. Its not over until it says zero.

cobbison
December 11th, 2010, 03:13 PM
What is the point of instant replay if the obvious overturing of a call can't be made? What a joke.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Cmon NDST!!!!!! Give Nova a (less than 2%) chance of getting a home game!!!!! Gotta love the system of home field advantage in FCS playoffs...

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Cmon NDST!!!!!! Give Nova a (less than 2%) chance of getting a home game!!!!! Gotta love the system of home field advantage in FCS playoffs...

Didn't you guys get outbid by SFA? This isn't meant as smack but if we win, we'll get a home game.

dwtime
December 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Can anyone tell me where can this game be viewed online?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Can anyone tell me where can this game be viewed online?

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index#

dwtime
December 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Thanks!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Didn't you guys get outbid by SFA? This isn't meant as smack but if we win, we'll get a home game.

Notice how I said less than 2%. We could have made a higher bid for the Semi-finals. It's an outside chance. We'd lose money for sure if it happened.

cobbison
December 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
TD Bison

bunny
December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM

For those who can't view ESPN3 (like me), it's also on justin.tv:
http://www.justin.tv/extreme_sportnut#/w/641151760

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
That was quite a turnaround, from a dropped TD pass by EWU to a blocked FG and eventually a TD for NDSU. Come on, Eagles!!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
That was quite a turnaround, from a dropped TD pass by EWU to a blocked FG and eventually a TD for NDSU. Come on, Eagles!!!

Momentum is a funny thing is this game we call football.

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
lets go ndsu....im getting sick watching this game on the red turf and would much rather look at the floor of the fargo dome for 3 hours next week

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Nice play calling there by NDSU. WTF?

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Freshman mistake by Brock to end the half, but the Bison are still very much in it. Come out of the locker room with some fire and it's our ballgame.

Anyone else find it interesting that their homer announcer is out there cheerleading and they've got noisemakers despite their website saying they're prohibited? wtf.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM
They just said on our halftime show the winner of this game hosts next week.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Freshman mistake by Brock to end the half, but the Bison are still very much in it. Come out of the locker room with some fire and it's our ballgame.

Anyone else find it interesting that their homer announcer is out there cheerleading and they've got noisemakers despite their website saying they're prohibited? wtf.

Which feed are you listening to? The EWU radio feed? Larry Weir is a bit of a homer but he's pretty solid for the most part.

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'm listening to the guy going "That's another Eagles FIRST DOOOOOWN!" We were specifically told we couldn't do that and yet EWU is doing that.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
%$^$%#!!!!!!!!

cobbison
94yd kickoff return for TD - Bison. 17-17.

onbison09
Lightning!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Kick off return for the Bison! Cmon NDSU!!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
What a start to the 2nd half

SDSUJacks
December 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I don't have ESPN3, anywhere else this game is available?

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Let the roller coaster begin!!!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Touchdown EWU. Back to back kickoff returns???????????

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Wow!! EWU returns the favor!!

24-17 Eagles.

GSUwinsagain
December 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Crazy play and disheartening for the Bison.

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Well, that's an exciting way to open a half!

cobbison
December 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Are we going to see an offense or defense on the field this half? :-) wow. nice returns.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
TD Bison!

VUCats02
Pick 6

UMass922
Crazy 3rd quarter so far! Talk about twists and turns.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Another Int!! Time to take the lead Bison!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Fumbleeeeeeeee

EWU is not playing smart football

UMass922
Speaking of twists and turns, there's another. Third turnover of the quarter by EWU.

onbison09
Does Mitchell just suck?

crunifan
December 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Two things:

A) That stadium is smaller than my high school stadium. And that says something, I live in Iowa.

B) That red field is ugly. Really, really ugly. I have a headache from watching all this red on red.

C) Go NDSU!!

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Does Mitchell just suck?

Well, he wasn't good enough to keep the job at SMU. It's not like we're talking about TCU or something like that. But we've been spoiled by Matt Nichols the past for years at EWU.

GSUwinsagain
December 11th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Score ?

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
EW gets a fumble. Wow turnover-itis in this game. I have to disagree with all the red turf haters. I'm diggin it!

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
24-24, nearing end of 3rd...

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Now a blocked FG. This game's got a little bit of everything.

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Snowing on the red turf . . . this must be what it looks like when hell freezes over.

GSUwinsagain
December 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Snowing on the red turf . . . this must be what it looks like when hell freezes over.

Thats funny right there.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
You think Villanona's not licking their chops waiting for the winner of this game? I know it's sloppy but come on here. This is becoming a joke out there.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
If we lose, Richards needs to walk home.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Is the turf slippery often?

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
xrotatehx

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
EWU blocks the FG attempt! That "snow" is just tough to play in. Slippery as heck out there.

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:20 PM
This just feels like the kind of game that's going to be decided by a safety or something crazy . . .

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
This just feels like the kind of game that's going to be decided by a safety or something crazy . . .

My BP is probably sky high right now

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I think you're right. Not going to end 34-31 or something like that. May just be "over" when someone can score.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
NDSU running the ball well...

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Check the cleats, they're too long, NDSU is cheating!! (just a joke, JMU/Montana NC game in '04). ;)

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, bad footing doesn't seem to bother NDSU much. Guess a dome doesn't hurt them in the elements.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Wow, bad footing doesn't seem to bother NDSU much. Guess a dome doesn't hurt them in the elements.

This is Bison football baby!

DJKyR0
December 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
TOUCHDOWN. BISON. YES.

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Why don't we have a flippin dome. This snow is killing TJ's ability to cut.

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM
That's the first score of the half by either team's offense. EWU will have to respond.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Why don't we have a flippin dome. This snow is killing TJ's ability to cut.

You don't have to worry about TJ anymore this game, looks like he's done and with that are the Eagles.

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
fumbleitis.

ATX_EWUGrad
December 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
This has got to be Mitchell's worst game of the year. This one is done. Good luck next week NDSU.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Mitchell must have small hands or something. Once he has to scramble, he seems to be unable to hold onto the ball.

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Some ewu fans have some vuvuzelas haha

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
This play's the game!

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
He's been our best player. Unfortunately for you but we've made plays!

jmufan999
December 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
score? time?

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
NDSU 31
EWU 24

1:55 to go

4th and 3 for EWU

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
1st and 10 EWU on the EWU 27

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
2nd & 10

1:35 to go

1 timeout left

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM
4th and 10

1:25 to go

On the EWU 28

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM
good pass completion

1st and 10

EWU 44

1:00

now 2nd and 10

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
wow deep bobbling pass play to the NDSU 14

41 seconds

TO NDSU

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
This has been a crazy game! Two key 4th downs for EW

UMass922
December 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
The thin layer of snow at least makes it a little easier to see the EWU players. Now it's pink turf!

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM
pressure from the blitz....quarterback fumbles gets it back...

3rd down and 14 on the 20 yrd line

Time Out EWU

:28 seconds left

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Come on Bison!!!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Oh my. Penalties penalties penalties

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
wow pass interference in the endzone by NDSU

1st and goal from the 5

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
PI kills. ball on the 5

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Touchdown!

Go_Herd
TD EAGLES...nice drive

all on the extra point...we've blocked 2 FG

UMass922
TD EWU! What a game!

dwtime
Wow they are going to tie it up

Go_Herd
good

31-31

:23

jmufan999
December 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM
what a game!!!

VUCats02
That's a heart crushing drive.

SDSUJacks
And they're tied. Great game so far, most likely going to OT.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM
What a game!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
whoever is running the clock is awful

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:55 PM
whoever is running the clock is awful

yeah i just noticed that too...ndsu just got a free play.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
yeah i just noticed that too...ndsu just got a free play.
I think the clock is fine. The simulated clock that ESPN has is not.

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
OVERTIME baby...wow

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Agreed! I think NDSU is playing better in this weather. Don't like our odds, but heck of a job coming down and getting the tie EAGS. What a great game, this is what the playoffs are all about!!!

theasushow
December 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
looks like both teams are equally inferior to Nova, GSU, and Delaware. I'm just kidding, gonna be hard for either team to beat Nova though.

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
momentum shifted big on that drive...do you even dare line up for a FG if it comes to that

WTF are people leaving for?

Mr. C
December 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Villanova is rooting for a North Dakota State win, so the Cats only have to travel halfway across the country.

Mr. C
December 11th, 2010, 06:00 PM
looks like both teams are equally inferior to Nova, GSU, and Delaware. I'm just kidding, gonna be hard for either team to beat Nova though.

As long as Szczur and Whitney stay healthy I don't see anyone derailing Villanova right now.

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
nevermind fans are moving to the endzone...I should of gave them some credit

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think they are leaving, they are walking the wrong direction. Don't know if a bunch of people had to take a bathroom break.

I have to say, Villanova played a heck of a game. If either EWU or NDSU play the way they played today, they will not win. Nova was essentially mistake free with an overpowering defense.

Weather in Cheney is 40's next week till Saturday.

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 06:02 PM
wow 1 play EWU is up by 7

dagger!

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 06:03 PM
1st play Touchdown. Unreal

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM
He was down by a mile.....

jmufan999
December 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
he's definitely down.

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
for sure...stretching for a TD and it pops out

VUCats02
December 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I don't know.....the call on the field was a touch back so I can see this not getting overturned

theasushow
important review here....hahahah. i would hate for a team's season to end on a questionable review.

downbythebeach
I thought he was down but these are probably Big Ten refs who wanna get out of the weather....and its just FCS

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM
wow garbage....complete garbage

onbison09
important review here....hahahah.

Nuts and bolts we got screwed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
NDSU got screwed. The ground caused the fumble. He hit the ground and the ball came loose.

WileECoyote06
what a horrible way to lose a game.

BisonCM
Worst review ever, ground cannot cause that fumble.

AAadict
December 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Ripped off! Ground caused the fumble.

I Bleed Purple
I'd have trouble calling that play a fumble.

dudeitsaid
The Eagles pull another rabit out of their hat.

Nova is going to be tough.

Sorry about the last play. Looked to me like a ground forced fumble to me.

Congrats to NDSU for a great season, and for playing in one of the very best football games I have ever seen!

srgrizizen
Worst review ever, ground cannot cause that fumble.

If the call was bad, it was the ORIGINAL call. There was nothing conclusive to overturn by. The ball may have been coming loose before he hit the ground.

VUCats02
By now you have to realize they RARELY overturn calls in the FCS

downbythebeach
One of the refs overruled the other.......he must have had dinner waiting

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
See NDSU, you can't hang with the Big Sky! And you know I'm kidding, great game, great playoff, and just, well, fantastic game!

Congrats EWU!!! Taiwan vs Szuszar! Better have your Sh%t together for that game!

SDSUJacks
December 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
As an SDSU fan, even I find that call disgusting. The Bison got jobbed on that one.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Refs sucked the whole game. No difference in the end

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know.....the call on the field was a touch back so I can see this not getting overturned

That's a good point. They weren't reviewing whether it was a fumble. They should've been though. Someone that has more technical skill than I do should post the replays on youtube.

downbythebeach
December 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
It even looked like an NDSU player jumped on the ball first

Thats a hard way to go out as a senior

FargoBison
December 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
That call was a disgrace, gutless POS CAA refs.

EWU played good and deserved to win but that call was a horrendous way to end that game.

theasushow
Horrible call, but IMO EWU never should have been able to march down field in those horrible conditions with 2 minutes left to tie the game in regulation. and the PI killed in the end zone too.

GrizzlyEdd
From what I saw, the ball came out before his shoulder hit the ground... Knee was not down... ball out so was a fumble. Hard to take but that my FCS friends is football. Each of out teams have had to deal with this kind of thing... Too bad NDSU, next year... Good job Eagles & the BSC...

BisonCM
December 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
By now you have to realize they RARELY overturn calls in the FCS

So why have it then.

onbison09
Yep you're right. I'm speechless.

onbison09
So why have it then.

Ex(f***ing)actly

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM
GO EAGS!

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
GO EAGS!

Roos pay the refs too? I'm kidding. Good game and good luck against Nova. Damn this is a bitter pill though. But seriously good luck. You guys deserved it with that drive.

Judolphins_2005
You bought your way in and got screwed on the way out... Karma works sometimes...

Tod
Unfortunately, I lost video at exactly 5:00 pm for a (barf) NBA game. I'd love to have an opinion on the fumble, but cannot. I hope, for the sake of NDSU, it's not as ridiculous as most are saying here.

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Roos pay the refs too? I'm kidding. Good game and good luck against Nova. Damn this is a bitter pill though. But seriously good luck. You guys deserved it with that drive.

Game of a lifetime, your O-line and D-line was impressive as billed.

footballer23
December 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM
You bought your way in and got screwed on the way out... Karma works sometimes...

You do realize that the selection committee didn't see our bid until after they picked us, right?

Go_Herd
December 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately, I lost video at exactly 5:00 pm for a (barf) NBA game. I'd love to have an opinion on the fumble, but cannot. I hope, for the sake of NDSU, it's not as ridiculous as most are saying here.

i think his a$$ was fimly on the ground as he was stretching out for the goal-line...you can see his hand under the ball...hitting the ground and coming free....no question from this bison fan

fricking joke.

well EWU hell of a drive at the end of the 4th..go get Nova

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM

And Mr. 1 post wonder in the house! The bids were sealed before plus I don't think we didn't deserve our spot. GTFO

srgrizizen
December 11th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Even if you saw the video, you couldn't be absolutely positive from the angles shown. Most TV viewers, including me, would have called him down before losing the ball, but the ref who called it had a differenct angle. Once called, there was no way to overturn it with that camera work -- you just couldn't tell, and they had to go with the original call.

MplsBison
December 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Great game by EWU. They deserved to win based on that last minute drive down the field.

Good luck against Nova, should be another exciting game. Hope Mr. Jones is back by next week. xthumbsupx

HandoEX
December 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Football seasons should never end like that. I can't see how that was called, and confirmed as a fumble. It's just ridiculous. Good luck to EWU though.

twentythreeOh4
December 11th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Nuts and bolts we got screwed.

No, just didn't play defense when you had to. Simple as that.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
No, just didn't play defense when you had to. Simple as that.

Guess you can't really argue with that. I'm still going to hold onto a bad call! :D

RationalGriz
December 11th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hando, I do not think it was a fumble, but I can understand why they did not change the call. There was not a good replay that could confirm without a doubt that the ball wasn't a fumble to overturn.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hando, I do not think it was a fumble, but I can understand why they did not change the call. There was not a good replay that could confirm without a doubt that the ball wasn't a fumble to overturn.

Their camera angles weren't the best. But EWU deserves all the credit in the world.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
NDSU was the better team. That 3rd and 13 pass interference was a joke and the last call was even worse.

Refs taking out of the players hands.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
NDSU was the better team. That 3rd and 13 pass interference was a joke and the last call was even worse.

Refs taking out of the players hands.

The PI call was a good call IMO. But the last call.....yeah.

RationalGriz
December 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I also think the PI was correct but the fumble was not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
The PI call was a good call IMO. But the last call.....yeah.

Bull**it....incidental contact with a ball that was uncatchable

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM

But it was iffy.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM
For those of you that get it, Altitude will be replaying the game at midnight. I'm not sure if I'll watch the whole thing or not (may be watching a movie with the wife or something, otherwise it will be on), but I'll definitely be sure to catch the OT that I missed. At least I'll be able to see the "fumble".

Go Bison
December 11th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I watched on ESPN3.com and my video somehow froze right before the last play. My question for people that got to see the video was did a EWU player force the fumble or was it a matter of just losing the ball(or was it the ground that forced the fumble) I guess I would fell a little better if a EWU player made a great play. Congrats to EWU, it was an amazing game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Bisonville crashed....LOL.....must be too many trying to get on....

RationalGriz
The DB flat out grabbed the WR. He does not get held, the WR the ball would have been there...not saying caught, but it would have been in a catchable area.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I watched on ESPN3.com and my video somehow froze right before the last play. My question for people that got to see the video was did a EWU player force the fumble or was it a matter of just losing the ball. I guess I would fell a little better if a EWU made a great play. Congrats to EWU, it was an amazing game.

Ground caused the fumble....he was clearly down...chicken-**** call by the refs. Should have been 1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line.

RationalGriz
Honestly GoBison, it looked to me the ball came out due to the impact of his shoulder hitting the turf. Nothing to do with a good hit by EWU.

Ivytalk
Congrats to EWU. But Nova's on a roll and wins next week, I'm afraid.

Tod
December 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM

I disagree, that ball was catchable, IMO. It only hit the ground six or eight feet from the receiver, who was definitely held up. Hell, without interference I could have caught that ball, and I'm 45 and fat, and haven't played organized football since the 8th grade. Granted, it would have taken a hell of an effort on my part, but not on the part of the EWU receiver.

onbison09
December 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Honestly GoBison, it looked to me the ball came out due to the impact of his shoulder hitting the turf. Nothing to do with a good hit by EWU.

Too bad Madden's not here or we can ask if a shoulder equals a knee.